Looks like there are no D-men left. Who's available.

Guest Phillygrump

Seems like everyone mentioned before it off the market now. I can't see the Preds trading either guy now because they have become buyers.

I can see going after Suter at the end of the season though, but they'll keep him for a cup run.

Is there anyone else out there? I used to hear Bogosian's name mentioned as a potential D acquisition for Philly. Do you think he'd be available?

Bogosian has really picked up his play. The Jets are thinking long term so I highly doubt he'd be dealt. At least that's what the constant Jet's coverage (here in Winnipeg) has been telling me since November.

Good to be back in the NHL. I get more Flyers coverage this way, believe it or not.

okay...I'll bite...I just read something about PK Subban? The kid has talent..tons of it. I also here he's a major head case and locker room problem. Any truth to the those rumors?

Subban is another soft "offensive" defenceman we have enough of them already..Schenn would be a better fit imo

The Jets are far from big. With Kane and Byfuglien out, they're really short on muscle. There is no reason the Flyers shouldn't lay down a beating tonight - at least on the scoreboard. Antropov, Wheeler, Fehr may all have size, but they don't use it so much.

Edited by Clarke2Leach

@DaGreatGazoo

i wrote about maybe acquiring subban if we struck out on weber.

i don't know a lot about him, i have not heard that he's a douche in the room, but that doesn't mean he isn't, just that we don't get much mtl press here in central pa. personally i don't think i'd want him because since i mentioned it, i've watched him a few times and he's good for one or two bad plays a game, about half the time he can fix a bad pinch with his speed, but when he bones it up in his zone he really bomes it up, slow no look passes into the slot from the corner type stuff.

Barrett Jackman will be a free agent this year, i know he's had his bell rung and has been out with a concussion. but he's a tough guy and is pretty mobile , francois beauchamin will also be a free agent this summer he's a physical player too, so maybe we give Carle a small raise and sign one of those guys if we can't figure a way to lure one of the big fish and fit that guy under the cap.

then we'd look like:

timmonen- coburn

metzaros-Jackman

Carle- bordon/ gustaffson

that's solid

@orangecrush

i thought that luke schenn was trending toward a career depth player... jammer says he's not "getting" it...?

Edited by mojo1917

Seems like everyone mentioned before it off the market now. I can't see the Preds trading either guy now because they have become buyers.

I can see going after Suter at the end of the season though, but they'll keep him for a cup run.

Is there anyone else out there? I used to hear Bogosian's name mentioned as a potential D acquisition for Philly. Do you think he'd be available?

What about Brian Allen of the Hurricanes he is a UFA in July like Suter

Matt Carle might be UFA if Homer doesn't get him inked.

What worries me is what the same thing doom 88 said in another thread.......With Gleason signing for better than 3.5 mil per for the next 4 years, what is Matt Carle's agent going to be calling for? The Hurricanes did noone any favors with that signing......

@DaGreatGazoo

i wrote about maybe acquiring subban if we struck out on weber.

i don't know a lot about him, i have not heard that he's a douche in the room, but that doesn't mean he isn't, just that we don't get much mtl press here in central pa. personally i don't think i'd want him because since i mentioned it, i've watched him a few times and he's good for one or two bad plays a game, about half the time he can fix a bad pinch with his speed, but when he bones it up in his zone he really bomes it up, slow no look passes into the slot from the corner type stuff.

Barrett Jackman will be a free agent this year, i know he's had his bell rung and has been out with a concussion. but he's a tough guy and is pretty mobile , francois beauchamin will also be a free agent this summer he's a physical player too, so maybe we give Carle a small raise and sign one of those guys if we can't figure a way to lure one of the big fish and fit that guy under the cap.

then we'd look like:

timmonen- coburn

metzaros-Jackman

Carle- bordon/ gustaffson

that's solid

@orangecrush

i thought that luke schenn was trending toward a career depth player... jammer says he's not "getting" it...?

beauchemin is NOT a UFA after this season. He's been signed to a new 3 year contract past this season.

They will target someone like Andy Sutton. A big half decent dman that is not going to cost a lot due to his UFA status. I don't think Homer wants to break up the young guys. And as much as JVR has struggled he's just to young to give up on for someone like Schenn.

The Jets are far from big. With Kane and Byfuglien out, they're really short on muscle. There is no reason the Flyers shouldn't lay down a beating tonight - at least on the scoreboard. Antropov, Wheeler, Fehr may all have size, but they don't use it so much.

really? they looked pretty physical to me..

They will target someone like Andy Sutton. A big half decent dman that is not going to cost a lot due to his UFA status. I don't think Homer wants to break up the young guys. And as much as JVR has struggled he's just to young to give up on for someone like Schenn.

I've been wanting them to acquire Sutton for years, good value at 2 mill a year..