Flyers: State of the organization...

Digityman

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

5 wins in the last 25 games. You'd almost think they were tanking if you didn't know Fletcher has been throwing away draft picks like trash.

When they do decide to tank, they'll win 11 games in a row. That is the dysfunction of the Flyers. Striving for mediocrity. BITFU.

• Like 1

Last night's game is a great example of how toxic things are there. Honestly, I'm wanting to see Giroux get moved to chase a Stanley Cup. Management at all levels dropped the ball with him. Yeah, I was pissed that he did nothing in the playoffs, but at the same time, he basically carried this club on his back into the playoffs and was gassed by the time he got the team there.  Every GM that was in Philadelphia during Giroux's run should hang their head in shame at how they pissed away his career. And yet, one of the GMs sits as a senior advisor and his mentor is an advisor as well. The rot will remain until either both men step down or die. 

• Like 3

This quote from a book I'm currently reading really sums up the State of My Flyers Fandom (35+ years, up to the current status) pretty accurately:

"The devastating scale and frequency of my disappointment ('I am down, but not yet defeated,' Gauguin snivel-boasted) was proof of how much I still expected and wanted from the world, of what high hopes I still had in it. When I am no longer capable of disappointment the romance will be gone: I may as well be dead."

- Geoff Dyer, Where? What? Where?

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good to see for the kid some good news.

Kid should have been sent back to juniors though....not kept around for this shat storm.

Was it me or did it look like Foerster was wincing when taking a light shot. If that's the case, wtf are medical doing allowing him to be shooting if his shoulder is still causing him grief. Good God the medical staff that's employed by the Flyers are retards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Was it me or did it look like Foerster was wincing when taking a light shot. If that's the case, wtf are medical doing allowing him to be shooting if his shoulder is still causing him grief. Good God the medical staff that's employed by the Flyers are retards.

How much of that is the retards employing them and demanding "get them out there; I'm not paying them to heal.  I'm paying them to play!  Play!  Play!"

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I sure hope not but knowing the Flyers luck.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

That isn't luck, that's karma. Ain't it a b*tch? I do feel badly for Foerster, of course.

Sell everything big you can move.

Go ahead bring Emil and Samu over and starting getting them familiar with the north American way.

Bring the main kids who contracts can be utilized in the AHL so get the head start.

Why wait? Playing the 2nd best league can work wonders.

Show them how far they have to catch up.

The more kids that play by next season the quicker it gets fixed.

But management must be sorted first.

• Like 2

Good Lord, after that Buffalo game, they powers that be need to clean house. Fire all that toxicity and begin the process of sure a straightening this mess out. Under NO circumstances should Schmuck Felcher, Bobby Clarke, Paul Holmgren and Dean Lombardi be around this club for the rebuild. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:48 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I noticed this too....but,

How many more reps did he take?

I am not judging anything based on a  10 second tweet. 

For all  we know he was told to stop after that reaction.

18 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We have been saying it for years, but trainer and medical staff need review/change. Do other teams suffer this kind of medical absenteeism? 

Only teams run by complete narcissistic imbeciles.  Ultimately, this is the problem with the medical staff.  It's just another symptom of the cancerous dry rot.

Hey, Clarkie, it's not MY fault you're a cancer!

Edited by ruxpin

How about kicking the tires on the Avs assistant GM Chris Macfarland....surely he has learned something building that club up....worth a try i don't see any other suggestions....

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about kicking the tires on the Avs assistant GM Chris Macfarland....surely he has learned something building that club up....worth a try i don't see any other suggestions....

Or Mathieu Darche in Tampa Bay. However, if these guys come onboard, they need to have their say in who the senior advisors are. That's the only way to start fixing the mess here. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Or Mathieu Darche in Tampa Bay. However, if these guys come onboard, they need to have their say in who the senior advisors are. That's the only way to start fixing the mess here. 

Yes - i agree time for a new way of trying to get this right and the old good ol boys club has been tried over and over it hasn't worked. Go find a new age mind on doing things in the NHL today.

• Like 3

"That's our culture, we don't need a fresh perspective". That was none other than the late Ed Snider, in 2013. Have the attitudes in the Flyers organization really changed? No. I don't really call Chuck Fletcher a "fresh perspective". Are they conveniently and deliberately backwards? Yes. That's a major problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes - i agree time for a new way of trying to get this right and the old good ol boys club has been tried over and over it hasn't worked. Go find a new age mind on doing things in the NHL today.

They have to be WILLING to find that "new age" mind. Have you seen anything that leads you to believe they are? I have not.

• Sad 1