Flyers: State of the organization...

Digityman

Who are the 30 year olds with injury history and 6 years left at 6.5mill per on the Avalanche? Those are the prospects that chuck the turd is looking at getting back for Giroux. 

Today left me numb watching the presser. The arrogance and the ignorance is staggering. How the f(&k does comcast make money with that idiot involved?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

How the f(&k does comcast make money with that idiot involved?

Hand over fist.

The Flyers are a Very (Very (Very (very))) small part of Comcast...

They wouldn't put Dave Scott in charge of anything vital to the company.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've often wondered that completely independent of hockey.   Their cable subscribers aren't the only customers they repeatedly screw.

It's spelled M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y

You have two "choices" - Comcast or Verizon.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've often wondered that completely independent of hockey.   Their cable subscribers aren't the only customers they repeatedly screw.

Black Rock and Vanguard they own everything start digging and it is a hole you wish you didn't go down...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Fios is unavailable here.   So, I can choose Comcast or get very creative with my Etch-a-Sketch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Actually, it's called oligarchy because any company is free to create a cable system and run their own backbone, but because the cost is so exorbitant, no one can afford to put in a cable system. 

24 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Actually, it's called oligarchy because any company is free to create a cable system and run their own backbone, but because the cost is so exorbitant, no one can afford to put in a cable system. 

And the vast majority of the cables that were run were either heavily government subsidized directly or through tax benefit and/or charged directly to the consumer.

Technically of course you are right in that "two" companies don't make a "monopoly" but as rux points out there are plenty of places where there aren't alternatives.

Fun thing is that wireless 5G seems to be challenging the wired status quo...

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

And the vast majority of the cables that were run were either heavily government subsidized directly or through tax benefit and/or charged directly to the consumer.

Technically of course you are right in that "two" companies don't make a "monopoly" but as rux points out there are plenty of places where there aren't alternatives.

Fun thing is that wireless 5G seems to be challenging the wired status quo...

5G is a game changer. I'm up in Canada so it would be nice to see some more wireless Internet Service Providers emerge with the 5G technology. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Black Rock and Vanguard they own everything start digging and it is a hole you wish you didn't go down...

look like ponzi schemes the government is afraid of. They would lose out on their campaign contributions. Maybe that's what the Flyers have become. Money launderers. That would explain Hayes, Ellis and Coots.

• Like 1

Black Hawks are interviewing a guy I would love to have stolen him from the Hurricanes for Chuckles' replacement but kind of knew they would keep Fletch around.

Hurricanes have a great model to take philosophies from...and believe is a different style than the current Flyers plan it is like night and day.

Guess we can always dream....

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

image.png.67029267c2abcab87d989681884ae913.png

At this rate theoretically, they could drop down to #3.  There is no way they beat out the Yotes or Habs, but picking #3 would hopefully bring a high caliber prospect ........  However the FO will find a way to eff that up too!

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

image.png.67029267c2abcab87d989681884ae913.png

At this rate theoretically, they could drop down to #3.  There is no way they beat out the Yotes or Habs, but picking #3 would hopefully bring a high caliber prospect ........  However the FO will find a way to eff that up too!

You know they will. The first two (Wright, Cooley) are a given. The third pick sound be Savoie or Kemmel, but you know that they'll take Geekie or Slafovsky because GRRRR FORECHECKING and ARGH SIIIIIIIIIZE will be the theme of the day. Now, I'm not saying that Slafovsky or Geekie are bad players because they're very good players,  but you always take best player available and you know that they're going to draft for 'need'. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The first two (Wright, Cooley) are a given.

The first two were a given for Hischier and Patrick.

How'd that work out for the teams that drafted them?

I think any team would rather have picks 3-5.

Hopefully the Flyers get a winner regardless...

• Like 1