Flyers: State of the organization...

Digityman

6 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Perhaps he was trying to get people to stop talking about his putrid hockey team. Whatever his motives, it was the most exciting thing to happen to the Flyers so far this season. BITFU.

I liked it better when he had his finger cut off.

@terp

so you're saying, no play-off, then?

Seriously though, Scott's "bias for action" has not yielded success. 

Short of spinning the team off and selling them to a billionaire douche- I don't see a way this swamp gets drained.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@terp

Short of spinning the team off and selling them to a billionaire douche- I don't see a way this swamp gets drained.

So no practice.....huh....yeah way to get better team....might as well keep this tank going...

Sitting at the 9th draft spot now...no way they can out tank Montreal or Arizona it seems they seem to be all in on Shane Harper....crossing fingers Flyers can get it on that about the only good thing to come of the season....sad to say.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

So no practice.....huh....yeah way to get better team....might as well keep this tank going...

Sitting at the 9th draft spot now...no way they can out tank Montreal or Arizona it seems they seem to be all in on Shane Harper....crossing fingers Flyers can get it on that about the only good thing to come of the season....sad to say.

Who cares about Shane Wright. The Flyers need a legitimate right side defender. Jiricec or Nimec should be their target. 2023 is when there are real good forwards available. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

This isn't the draft they need to tank for. It's next years draft they need to tank for. They'll get a fairly high pick this year but next years draft the top two are going to be really good. Bedard or Michkov. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The Flyers need a legitimate right side defender.

Sure but they need that guy NOW!

They will have to trade or sign that guy. You ain't drafting that guy and inserting him into the lineup next season.

So BPA and i am hoping it would be Wright but knowing the Flyers they would fcuk that up too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

This isn't the draft they need to tank for. It's next years draft they need to tank for.

Oh trust me with this sh it show they should be in on both this my friend isn't a quick fix....it is years away from being good again....there is a lot of funk that needs to be removed from this roster.

And well let's see when this even begins first before i guess we try to predict the future but they should be in the running of both because at the end of the day they are not good and have so many flaws i would even know where to start the fire if i was going to burn it all down...

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh trust me with this sh it show they should be in on both this my friend isn't a quick fix....it is years away from being good again....there is a lot of funk that needs to be removed from this roster.

And well let's see when this even begins first before i guess we try to predict the future but they should be in the running of both because at the end of the day they are not good and have so many flaws i would even know where to start the fire if i was going to burn it all down...

Next years draft whoever gets first pick could basically be getting the next super star that could set you up for the next 15 years. I think Bedard is going to be a special player. I've watched him play and he's impressive.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Next years draft whoever gets first pick could basically be getting the next super star that could set you up for the next 15 years. I think Bedard is going to be a special player. I've watched him play and he's impressive.

We all know if Philly drafted Bedard he'd get decapitated on a Greyhound bus by a mentally unstable guy less than a year into his NHL career.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

Well, we aren't likely to hit 17 and 18 game losing streaks:

Rank
Games
Team
Season (s)
1 (tie)
1 (tie)
3 (tie)
3 (tie)

We might hit two 10-gamers.  That might be a first.  If memory serves, we were the first team to make the playoffs with both a 10-game winning and losing streak.  

If we do hit another 10-gamer it will be clear that coaching wasn't the big issue.  That raises "other," and Scott may have no alternative but to get rid of Fletcher.  If he takes Yeo out was well, fine.  

2006-07 may be the best lesson from recent history.  It was the worst in hour history and one of the worst ever.  It brought a shock.  Granted, Holmgren's fixes weren't longstanding but they yielded a more-than-respectable squad.  I think a sub-.500 season will wake Comcast up.  They already lost their TV exclusive.  Now their hometown hockey squad comes unglued.  I think Brian Roberts pulls rank and cleans house.  CF's offseason moves aren't working out as planned--the Ellis trade could be a long-term disaster.  Those moves plus a non-playoff year may bring changes at the top.  If not, things are really, really screwed up, much like Toronto or Florida were for decades.  

Edited by Howie58

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they need that guy NOW!

They will have to trade or sign that guy. You ain't drafting that guy and inserting him into the lineup next season.

So BPA and i am hoping it would be Wright but knowing the Flyers they would fcuk that up too.

This season is done and if they're going to rebuild for the next three to four seasons, there's no rush worrying about whether or not an RHD is ready to play or not. At this point,  as others have pointed out, they aren't going to get by Montreal or Arizona, so might as well target an RHD in the draft this year. Tank hard in 2023 for Bedard or the Russian kid and then tank again in 2024 for something else before starting the climb out in 2025.

At this point, I'm content with going Fukushima on the Flyers. I'm definitely sure that Schmuck Felcher and Nature Boy Brent Flahr aren't the guys to lead the rebuild. 

21 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

This season is done and if they're going to rebuild for the next three to four seasons, there's no rush worrying about whether or not an RHD is ready to play or not. At this point,  as others have pointed out, they aren't going to get by Montreal or Arizona, so might as well target an RHD in the draft this year. Tank hard in 2023 for Bedard or the Russian kid and then tank again in 2024 for something else before starting the climb out in 2025.

At this point, I'm content with going Fukushima on the Flyers. I'm definitely sure that Schmuck Felcher and Nature Boy Brent Flahr aren't the guys to lead the rebuild. 

Well the good thing is once you get in the lottery you still have a chance just they did when they had a chance to select a bust with the 2nd a few years back hopefully they have a better out come...

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@terp

I’ve seen nothing in quite some time to suggest this is by any means a “playoff team”.  If they make the playoffs, it’s a counterproductive miracle that distorts perceptions of what they really are.

i don’t foresee a sale by any means.  I’m inclined to think however that the shame of this is so intense that Comcast is forced to act drastically to right the ship.  No assurances given, more like, if I were Dave Scott, I would desperately want to rehabilitate my reputation.  

So I've been using the Joe Strummer avatar for quite a while now. If anyone ever saw Bobby Clarke play in his prime, and the Clash live, they'd know Clarke and Strummer had a lot in common when it came to entertainment. Both left everything they had on their stage. They didn't do it for money, they did it because they loved it. And they were both great at it. 

So now it's time to change my avatar to something more suitable as a Flyer fan, something that goes with what upper management is trying to achieve in the present. I was thinking about this...waddaya yu guyz think?

milli-vanilli-you-know-its-true.gif

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, terp said:

I’ve seen nothing in quite some time to suggest this is by any means a “playoff team”.  If they make the playoffs, it’s a counterproductive miracle that distorts perceptions of what they really are.

I was joking- this team has turned into a dumpster fire being pulled by a clown car.

I do think there isn't really any motivation for the comcast people to act urgently about the team; because I don't think really rich people feel shame anymore.

I don't think Dave Scott cares whether the team is championship level or .500

I also don't think he owns any of the downward spiral the team finds itself in.

It is someone else's fault and Comcast's checks still clear. 

If you were Dave Scott you'd be beside yourself. I don't think Dave Scott shares your values. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I was joking- this team has turned into a dumpster fire being pulled by a clown car.

I do think there isn't really any motivation for the comcast people to act urgently about the team; because I don't think really rich people feel shame anymore.

I don't think Dave Scott cares whether the team is championship level. 

I also don't think he owns any of the downward spiral the team finds itself in.

It is someone else's fault and Comcast's checks still clear. 

If you were Dave Scott you'd be beside yourself. I don't think Dave Scott shares your values. 

Rich people born into it don't feel anything. People who have earned and worked hard for it have a sense of community. Comcast and Dave Scott are the non feelers. The rest of the Flyer management group have just suffered too many head injuries.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1