Gill and Allen on Flyers radar?

Guest Leach27

Hal Gill can be an answer for this season. I hope it's going to be a just 2nd or 3rd pick plus some 4th or 5th d-man

The answer to what, exactly?

Dude's a 37 year old pylon - slow as shite, and a collective minus-30 over the last 3 seasons. In his "prime" not even a shadow of Hatch or Pronger.

No thanks - I'd rather let MAB / Gus play it out. Those kids are good, let em develop & get valuable experience. Gill's done. Complete step backwards, IMO...

An answer near the crease, we need like this big guy to clear a puck and people from Bryz and more important from Bobs. Habs has bad numbers now so it doesn't tell you whole story about him, but pair him with Carle it could a big benefit.

By Pierre LeBrun

Tim Gleason was high on Philadelphia’s list of possible defensemen for purchase but that won’t happen with the Carolina Hurricanes' re-signing him Monday.

So what now for Philadelphia?

One name to keep an eye on is veteran blueliner Hal Gill in Montreal. He’s slated to be an unrestricted free agent July 1, and, from what I was told Tuesday, the Flyers covet his experience -- he’s won a Cup -- as well as his shot-blocking and penalty-killing abilities. The Habs aren’t ready to pull the plug on their season just yet, but if and when they do, expect the Flyers to inquire about him.

Another possibility for the Flyers is Nicklas Grossman in Dallas. He’s slated for unrestricted free agency July 1. The Stars have begun talks on an extension, so that’s another possibility -- that, like Gleason, he signs and stays put.

And of course, as previously reported, the Flyers did chat with the Maple Leafs about Luke Schenn a few weeks back.

I think I'd pass and turn my attention to a forward that will replace Jagr when he gets hurt again. Nothing against the guy, but I just don't think he'll be durable enough for the playoffs.

Unless of course, something along the lines of a Suter becomes available. Then, I would turn my attention back to a D'Man.

You can have Gill for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hal Gill has the skating speed of a 3 toed sloth........The ONLY time I liked Gill was when he called PK Subban a punk bitch with no respect for the game (not his exact words but pretty close). Gill would be an improvement over Lilja but that is about it....then again, so would a parking stop.....

I'd rather trade for a better option, myself i like Toni Lydman and they wouldn't have to gut the team to make it happen. Plus he's signed for next year at 3 mill. The Flyers have i believe 3.2 mill in capspace...make it happen Homer...