NOT blaming the refs, but jeez couldn't buy a power play last night

Guest Phillygrump

I saw a few plays where guys got hooked or hauled down and no call. Giroux got mugged and nothing. They really let the guys play last night.

I will say the only PP we did get probably should've been matching roughing minors for both.

They let a LOT go last night.

I saw a few plays where guys got hooked or hauled down and no call. Giroux got mugged and nothing. They really let the guys play last night.

I will say the only PP we did get probably should've been matching roughing minors for both.

I saw both sides get away with stuff but thought the Flyers would have benefited more from the officials calling a tighter game. The roughing penalty you mention came on the heels of the officials missing a flying elbow on Hartnell that caused the altercation. Thorburn got the penalty because he retaliated instead of dropping the gloves.

I especially didn't like the non call on Mark Stuart's forearm shiver to Sean Couturier in the neutral zone.

ironically the Flyers lead the league with Power Play chances..

this sure does sound like blaming the refs. conversely, i saw the flyers get away with a LOT of stuff last night that very easily could have been called and wasn't. i have no complaints about the refs last night.

this sure does sound like blaming the refs. conversely, i saw the flyers get away with a LOT of stuff last night that very easily could have been called and wasn't. i have no complaints about the refs last night.

I mentioned in my post that conversely the Flyers got away with the Hartnell roughing.

Not blaming the refs. Its just odd that a team right behind the Flyers in penalties taken would only get whistled once for a penalty. It was frustrating in the 3rd period to see the Flyers flying around and getting mugged. Don't read into it too much.