Megan Fox

Guest AbelMorpheus

I wonder what this year would have been like for the rookies and young guys if Betts was still active, and Pronger doesn't go down. I know that sounds silly because it's all speculation but think of the ramifications it has on the guys fighting for spots.

Betts making the squad means that Schenn, Holmstrom and Sestito don't see much ,if any, big league time. Or Schenn doesn't get hurt and that means Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk get little to no ice time.

The Pronger injury opens up the door fo Lilja to step in. He however doesn't knock any socks off and subsequently gets hurt himself. That creates opportunities for Bourdon, Marshall and Gustafsson. Gustafsson amazes us....and then gets hurt. That provides additional time for Bourdon and Marshall. Bourdon has shown real promise and poise. I think everyone had higher hopes for Marshall.

That's kind of my point I guess. It sucks that the rock stars go down, but it's so cool that for the first time in a long time the back-up singers are pulling their weight.

We know what Harts can do. Giroux has excelled with increased responsibility and ice time. Jagr is an awesome suprise, and Talbot has been better than advertised. But guys like Simmonds and Vorachek, Couturier and Read? Wow, their development could have been seriously altered if things had been different.

Not that I care that much, but what a bummer for the Phantoms.

@flyercanuck

I know right. I was all like: MEGAN FOX, this early? Score! Then I was like: ohhh no Megan, just Blair Betts and what ifs. Booooo

@AbelMorpheus, just kidding homie, I agree 100% with what you posted and it makes you wonder if we would have seen how good these guys are had the cards not been dealt the way they were.

Kind of off topic, but if you are a reader, you should check out the book "Outliers", it sums up similar circumstances of success.

Cheers!

I wonder what this year would have been like for the rookies and young guys if Betts was still active, and Pronger doesn't go down. I know that sounds silly because it's all speculation but think of the ramifications it has on the guys fighting for spots.

Betts making the squad means that Schenn, Holmstrom and Sestito don't see much ,if any, big league time. Or Schenn doesn't get hurt and that means Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk get little to no ice time.

The Pronger injury opens up the door fo Lilja to step in. He however doesn't knock any socks off and subsequently gets hurt himself. That creates opportunities for Bourdon, Marshall and Gustafsson. Gustafsson amazes us....and then gets hurt. That provides additional time for Bourdon and Marshall. Bourdon has shown real promise and poise. I think everyone had higher hopes for Marshall.

That's kind of my point I guess. It sucks that the rock stars go down, but it's so cool that for the first time in a long time the back-up singers are pulling their weight.

We know what Harts can do. Giroux has excelled with increased responsibility and ice time. Jagr is an awesome suprise, and Talbot has been better than advertised. But guys like Simmonds and Vorachek, Couturier and Read? Wow, their development could have been seriously altered if things had been different.

Not that I care that much, but what a bummer for the Phantoms.

The Flyers had no intentions of keeping Betts, he was traded to the Habs (I believe) but failed his physical therefore were stuck with him. He was never going to play this year