That was more like a $51 million performance!

Guest OH1FlyersFan

I know I bust on Bryz, and I like to think most of the time it's deserved, but this effort was much, much better. Praying for consistency now!!!

He is capable of playing solid goal.

I'm still afraid of his reaction time and lateral movement, but it is what it is...

he can control his focus and it's (finally) been there the last 2 games. He's making the quick adjustments and making himself ready for the shots, he's reading the play and controlling the flow with some smart puck-handling. That's definitely more like it.

frankly he looked like a different goalie tonight and in the Jets' game (xcp for the shootout).

He has to face teams that are a lot more offense-minded coming up, I hope he's ready then too.

He's definitely looked better in the last two games. That's progress but still a ways to go,like Rad said. The loss to Winnipeg was frustrating. But, for the most part, he held up pretty well. We have a back to back this weekend.....and the Rangers twice in a week. Now would be a good time for him to hit his stride.

He's definitely looked better in the last two games. That's progress but still a ways to go,like Rad said. The loss to Winnipeg was frustrating. But, for the most part, he held up pretty well. We have a back to back this weekend.....and the Rangers twice in a week. Now would be a good time for him to hit his stride.

Agreed , we need to post a couple of W's on the Rangers. They can't be thinking we're gonna be their bitch down the stretch

frankly he looked like a different goalie tonight and in the Jets' game (xcp for the shootout).

During the ASG break Bryz worked on his technique and conditioning with Reese. He's learning how to handle the media in Philly. And in the shootout, blame the forwards for not being able to score.

And in the shootout, blame the forwards for not being able to score.

more often than not 3 tries is enough to get 1, but I think I'll "blame" Bryzgalov if it's alright with you ;) He looked good on the first 2 shots but slow and predictable on the GWer.

Let's face it sometimes a goalie needs to shut the door completely - like Pavelec did down at the other end. One more save and who knows...

During the ASG break Bryz worked on his technique and conditioning with Reese. He's learning how to handle the media in Philly.

better late than never I guess ... or... it's about damn time.

Bryz has definitely looked/been more focused the last 2 games. If he can maintain this level of consistency (something he has not done to this point in time as a Flyer), the fans will get behind him. Sometimes it takes a couple of lucky bounces (your way for a change) to turn things around. I really want to get behind this guy and pull for him and it will be a lot easier if he can maintain the level of play he showed that he is actually capable of the last 2 games....

He has looked better.... And it's about damn time, but as others have said... There's still room for improvement.

I've been trying to take a more zen like approach in my thinking towards bryz lately. He's here for a long time... He's way overpaid, but we have to forget all that. If he can't get his sh!t worked out this year(for whatever reason... Media, etc.), then put bob in and hope bryz can sort it out over the summer. We can all reaccess next year.

Point being.. He's simply not going anywhere for a long while, regardless of possible new buyout options or whatever.

Nice to see him FINALLY put together TWO games in a row. Aside from the fact that that in itself is just plain sad, I can't imagine having someone who moves as s......l......o......w as he does playing in net against anyone in a best of seven. But at least we got $100,000 worth of the $6 million he's been paid so far this year.

frankly he looked like a different goalie tonight and in the Jets' game

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how he could look so different, did he suddenly remember that he's playing in the NHL and not a summer pickup game? Hopefully it continues.

did he suddenly remember that he's playing in the NHL and not a summer pickup game? Hopefully it continues.

Seriously. The change was that dramatic wasn't it? God only knows if he'll be able keep it going, hold off Gaborik and Co. - guess we'll find out Sunday.

I don't know FC I didn't see any "slowness" from him the past 2 games - except for that 5-hole SO goal by the Jets. Maybe, just possibly he's [finally] accepted the fact that his job description = stop shooters from scoring goals.

lol - yeah looks like he put down the 'ludes and switched to dexedrine - which only gets him about even with other NHL goalies. Let's just hope his dealer has a steady supply till the summer rolls around...

Nice to see him FINALLY put together TWO games in a row. Aside from the fact that that in itself is just plain sad, I can't imagine having someone who moves as s......l......o......w as he does playing in net against anyone in a best of seven. But at least we got $100,000 worth of the $6 million he's been paid so far this year.

exactly what I was thinking when I read that... he has a lot of $#it games to make up for.

but staying with the positive, yes, he has certainly looked better of late!