Lindros on MMR

Guest Hexy27

I'll try to summarize as best I can. Just as an FYI it will be available as a podcast later today/tonight.

I was kind of surprised by the questions they asked him. They basically asked him the questions that we as fans wanted to hear the answers to.

First they talked to him about Bob Clarke and asked him if there is any animosity left. Eric basically said the hatchet was buried a long time ago. The hosts mentioned that they are more excited about the alumni game than the actual WC because they are looking forward to seeing Eric and Clarke on the ice together.

The one host (Nick) went off on a tangent at this point. He basically spoke about how much he hated that Lindros' name was taboo with the Flyers for so long. You basically couldn't go to that arena and mention Eric's name around the team. Lindros was pretty good about it and basically said something to the effect that he is glad they could all come together again.

Next they asked him about the Stevens hit that ended his career here. They asked him what he remembers of it. Eric said that he remembers playing that night and waking up in a hospital but not much beyond that.

Nick asked Eric if he had any regrets as a result of that hit. At this point Eric got a little choked up. He basically said that he is/was frustrated about the way things played out. He was very melancholy with his response and kind of sounded like he was choking back some emotion.

They moved on to talk about the WC and the alumni game. Eric said that Renberg is still a possibility and that he (Eric) is working on getting him there. Basically Renberg is in western Canada doing TV for Juniors the week of the WC. Eric and Renberg are talking about it and looking into whether or not he can make it.

Eric also spoke about a charity event he has with CHOP and John LeClair.

Overall it was a great interview. Lindros sounded very happy to be back in Philly and it sounds like the hatchet between he and the Flyers is officially buried. The part of the talk that was emotional was the talk about Scott Stevens. He says he is over it but I believe he still has quite a ways to go to get over that. He says he still has some concussion symptoms from time to time but he has learned to deal with them.

Thanks for that. May try to get to the WMMR website this evening to hear it. They should just post it as an audio file for listening whenever ya want. Anyway, this part really speaks to the dangers of head injuries:

<<He says he still has some concussion symptoms from time to time but he has learned to deal with them.>>

That got to me, and where he basically doesn't remember the Stevens hit. Wow.

An aside: If you listen to XM Deep Tracks, you may have noticed quite a few MMR and Philly FM alums: Michael Tearson, Earle Bailey, Pam Merly... Former WIOQ Helen Licht is on one of the other XM/Sirius stations. Just reminds me of "the old days" on Philly radio, particularly WMMR.

I'll try to summarize as best I can. Just as an FYI it will be available as a podcast later today/tonight.

I was kind of surprised by the questions they asked him. They basically asked him the questions that we as fans wanted to hear the answers to.

First they talked to him about Bob Clarke and asked him if there is any animosity left. Eric basically said the hatchet was buried a long time ago. The hosts mentioned that they are more excited about the alumni game than the actual WC because they are looking forward to seeing Eric and Clarke on the ice together.

The one host (Nick) went off on a tangent at this point. He basically spoke about how much he hated that Lindros' name was taboo with the Flyers for so long. You basically couldn't go to that arena and mention Eric's name around the team. Lindros was pretty good about it and basically said something to the effect that he is glad they could all come together again.

Next they asked him about the Stevens hit that ended his career here. They asked him what he remembers of it. Eric said that he remembers playing that night and waking up in a hospital but not much beyond that.

Nick asked Eric if he had any regrets as a result of that hit. At this point Eric got a little choked up. He basically said that he is/was frustrated about the way things played out. He was very melancholy with his response and kind of sounded like he was choking back some emotion.

They moved on to talk about the WC and the alumni game. Eric said that Renberg is still a possibility and that he (Eric) is working on getting him there. Basically Renberg is in western Canada doing TV for Juniors the week of the WC. Eric and Renberg are talking about it and looking into whether or not he can make it.

Eric also spoke about a charity event he has with CHOP and John LeClair.

Overall it was a great interview. Lindros sounded very happy to be back in Philly and it sounds like the hatchet between he and the Flyers is officially buried. The part of the talk that was emotional was the talk about Scott Stevens. He says he is over it but I believe he still has quite a ways to go to get over that. He says he still has some concussion symptoms from time to time but he has learned to deal with them.

I wasn't able to tune in, thanks for the recap!

Much better than yesterday on 97.5, no dirt came up and they kept it conservative.

I was guessing Mikey Miss is saving up all his juice for when him and Leclair co-host the show later in December, so we'll have to tune back in.

Should be great radio.