Price for suter too high

Guest RonJeremy

Considering what Nashville is asking for to get Suter, I would not even bother. He is a good player, but he is not worth giving up a top roster player, top prospect, secondary prospect and first rounder, which is what Nashville is looking for.On top of all the players you would lose, then you would have to pay him 7 million. Suter is not overly physical and is not that great offensivley. Id rather pay 10 million to Webber, we should make a huge RFA contract offer to Webber. If they opt not to match, and we get Webber, then I offer a couple of players, in place of some fo the first rounders, so we arent without a pick for four yeas. Suter is a good defensemen, but he is not that much of a difference maker like Webber. If that does not seem possible, then our best option is to get two physical stay at home dmen like Schenn and Allen for the same cap $ it would cost for Suter. Or try and trade a guy like JVR for a guy like Bogosian or JacK Johnson, and sign Allen as well.Maybe we just look to have a solid 1-6 instead of having one big stud /bif contract guy, if we cant land Webber. The bottom line is we need to add some crease clearing defensively sound guys to our blueline, our guys are just not strong enough in those areas. So maybe two defenively sound dmen for 7million is better than one guySuter for 7 million. Lets face it Carle is gone, he will be looking for at leat 5 million, after what Gleason got.

Forget Nashville then. We'll take one of their Dmen off their hands for nothing when they become FAs. They can wonder what could have been when they're planning their offseason moves after the first round of the playoffs.

Sadly, the Flyers will be doing the same.

Edited by Phillygrump

remember weber is a restricted free agent meaning he costs 4 1st round draft picks (who came up with that compensation) and add these 2 factors he gets say 8mil a year then add prongers dead cap space. (he still gets paid playing or not) thats a hefty price for one position. if we had alot of cap room id say go for it but we don't so pass on weber.

The compensation for Weber is dependent on how much he signs for. Anything over 7.8 million will pony up 4 1st round picks. If they work it right (with a huge long contract and NMC of course) and get it between $6,268,175-$7,835,219 then it's 2 1st rounders a 2nd and a 3rd.

The compensation for Weber is dependent on how much he signs for. Anything over 7.8 million will pony up 4 1st round picks. If they work it right (with a huge long contract and NMC of course) and get it between $6,268,175-$7,835,219 then it's 2 1st rounders a 2nd and a 3rd.

Make sure you email that to Homer, before he tries to sign Weber for 7.9m thinking its a steal...

Granted I've seen a lot more of Carle than Suter but based upon what I've seen and given Suter's potential price tag, I'd prefer to see the team resign Carle. For $7 mIllion, a defenseman had better dominate physically in addition to everything else. Suter isn't going to do that. In fact, I think he may be a step down from Carle defensively and physically. Pass.