Jump to content

Game 35: Sharks at Flyers; 1/8/22 @ 7, NBCSP


Recommended Posts

Greetings:

 

To my surprise, the O and B are actually favored (-132).  It looks like Martin Jones versus Adin Hill in goal:

 

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2022/san-jose-sharks-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-1-8-2022-nhl-picks-best-bets-odds.html

 

Hopefully, whatever roster hits the ice shows gumption.  On a broader note, we should probably look at these games as player and coaching audition for next season's roster, in Philly or elsewhere.  This squad doesn't look destined for some miracle run.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oskar on the 4th line is a left-handed compliment. He is defensively responsible. Even so, kind of sad. Putting him below Bunnaman and Brassard. Yes...WTF.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watching tonight?

 

 

I'm going to watch till the Eagles vs Cowgirls comes on.

 

A link if anyone wants to see top line center in action.

 

http://retsports.com/nhl/Flyers.php

 

@CoachX

 

Must be stoked his favorite players is running the show.

 

Enjoy!

 

:PopcornSmiley2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no structure to their game what so ever, they look like a pee-wee team running around out there.

WTF are the coaches doing, because they are defiantly not coaching.  *$#$ I'm pissed off.

F'n embarrassing time to be a Flyer Fan!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is tough to watch. Jones is playing well. Our offense is lacking, other than Cam. Our 4th line is OK.  Well, JVR woke up.

Edited by Howie58
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

The team looks like a bunch of chicken with their heads chopped off.  Absolutely no structure.  

Mine? or yours?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel badly for Jones. He was outstanding. There is no coherent offense. Our D works hard but as we've seen for the last whatever, an opposing top line breaks through. Sad!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Anyone watching tonight?

 

 

I'm going to watch till the Eagles vs Cowgirls comes on.

 

A link if anyone wants to see top line center in action.

 

http://retsports.com/nhl/Flyers.php

 

@CoachX

 

Must be stoked his favorite players is running the show.

 

Enjoy!

 

:PopcornSmiley2:

Thanks for the link. 🤬 I turned it on just in time to watch the Flyers give up 3 goals to Hertl.

 

REPORTED!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

 Sadly, the Flyers, of course.  Just so frustrating

.

I didn't even realize the Sharks won. I turned it off when it was 2-0 Flyers and started watching the Toronto vs Colorado game lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I didn't even realize the Sharks won. I turned it off when it was 2-0 Flyers and started watching the Toronto vs Colorado game lol

 I don't even care at this point what the score is.  The Flyers' game has no system, no meaning, no structure to it.  They are a sad looking team right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

 I don't even care at this point what the score is.  The Flyers' game has no system, no meaning, no structure to it.  They are a sad looking team AGAIN

FIFY!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

York was poised. Laughton worked. But we dont have offensive skill. That magnifies our D weakness. 

 

We had a short-lived new coach effect. Limited talent and COVID are an ugly duo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS.......I can see why a lot of you have given up watching this team.

I'm a stubborn old diehard so I guess I will continue watching when I can.

Why the hell has Yeo not been fired.

Christ Sakes he has no system on offence or defence, it's like a freakin free-for-all out there and they are often caught out of position.

I get that the old guard management are a big part of the problem, but hell Fletcher and Yeo are far from NHL caliber.

Jeez, they have to fire Fletcher before the trade deadline or the shelves will be empty.

JVR might have some scoring

value to a team looking to make a run, the rest of these F'n idiots won't return much but a good GM has to try.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

I recall our ECF against Tampa in 2003-4. That team had grit. I don't go into the later runs. Let's just say that we have been on a decades-long walk in the desert. I watch out of a strong sense of loyalty and history, but these games are more irritating than entertaining.  

 

Dave Scott is at zero hour with his subordinates. Yeo, to his credit, acknowledged bad habits in his presser. Any coach will have a tough time with this bunch. That said, it may be time to pull the plug on most of this squad and its management. It makes me sad.

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

That said, it may be time to pull the plug on most of this squad and its management. It makes me sad.

Always a good ambassador,  eh Howie? Thats why you have so much respect in here 👍🏻

 

I agree with you. For most of us the issues are obvious. This line up just isn't good. Period. Its the core group of players, surrounded by an organization with little no desire to right the ship. Somewhere deep inside my mind, I think the Hayes signing was not to make the team better, but a concession made to Fletcher to benefit a guy he liked. A business move instead of a competitive one.

 

It's a shame. I really miss the enthusiasm and love I used to have for this team and its players

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Always a good ambassador,  eh Howie? Thats why you have so much respect in here 👍🏻

 

I agree with you. For most of us the issues are obvious. This line up just isn't good. Period. Its the core group of players, surrounded by an organization with little no desire to right the ship. Somewhere deep inside my mind, I think the Hayes signing was not to make the team better, but a concession made to Fletcher to benefit a guy he liked. A business move instead of a competitive one.

 

It's a shame. I really miss the enthusiasm and love I used to have for this team and its players

 

I am good with blowing this team up I just want someone else to do it not Chuckles....

 

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two options. I stop watching until attrition finally eliminates these players, or the franchise makes changes that reinvigorates my interest 

 

Neither require any thought or effort on my part

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

I am good with blowing this team up I just want someone else to do it not Chuckles....

 

:BrownBag:

Per earlier comments, I think he may be part of the problem rather than the solution. That said, of a new GM isn't allowed to do a blowup and tell the fans we will have 2-3 bad years en route to a new foundation, we may still be up Schitts Creek.

 

 

Chuck is probably a decent man who gets it. I dont know if he has the courage to act on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have achieved complete apathy with this team. it's the same directionless, unfocused, flat product night after night. change the coach, change the gm; it's all the same thing repeating ad infinitum. we joke that we're 2 years away from 2 years away, but I think it may be longer than that. I haven't held this pessimistic of an opinion of this team in over 35 years of watching. for the first time in my life, I think I may not live long enough to see this team win a Cup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...