Once Again...Less than a minute left in the period

Guest Desert_Fly_Dog

It is tough to watch this team the last minute of a period, it seems like they are always running around like a chicken with thier heads cut off...this is the 16th time they have been scored on with less than a minute to go in the period, (not counting en) I find that to be a huge number.

the blame goes to the defense for allowing that euro puss mary anne gaborik to come around the net, and Bryz also is to blame, all he had to do was put the paddle down and sit there, there is no reason to poke. the puck is coming to you, sit there and let it happen, gaborik had no where to go except on the ice with the puck. what is it with these short side, stick side cheap goals.

It is tough to watch this team the last minute of a period, it seems like they are always running around like a chicken with thier heads cut off...this is the 16th time they have been scored on with less than a minute to go in the period, (not counting en) I find that to be a huge number.

That does seem like a huge number. I wonder what the total is if you include goals scored within the first 90 seconds of a period, too? they always seem to be playing down a goal before the game is 5 minutes old.

This conversation really needs to incorporate the number of goals allowed in the opening minutes of a game. But your point remains, the end of period goals are torture (5 seconds left in the period are you kidding me?!?)

the end of period goals are torture (5 seconds left in the period are you kidding me?!?)

absolutely. and in a town where you haven't won in over a year, and it's the team ahead of you in the standings, sitting in 1st place...and beating them gets you almost even...AND it's the Fkn Rangers!

Bryzgalov should quite simply be shot in the head until he is dead. And then shot again. Sorry but that goal is ALL on him - don't gimme "team-wide lack of focus." You're counting down 10-9-8 and the puck is behind your net, you should be ready for anything, no question. But Mez was on him, and on him good. Gaborik slipped Mez's body-check on the 3rd or 4th hit and was able to come around. Bryzgalov HAS to be waiting and ready for that possibility. Gaborik is a goal-scorer - that's what he does, he scores goals. Of course he's going to try and squeeze one thru in the last seconds. So Bryzgalov quits on the play and Gaborik pushed the puck through him. Hmm, how many other times have goal-scorers simply pushed the puck through Bryzgalov this season?

WTF is Bryzgalov doing trying to poke the puck anyway? WTF was that? Goddamn embarrassing - and at MSG, NYC of all places where I live and have to hear about it from these Rag fans. One guy at work today told me he wanted to buy Bryzgalov a few beers next time the Flyers are in town. He didn't have to explain why..