Goalie Time: Both of these should be singing "Happy Trails"

Guest The Quigster

Well whats next???? At this point Leighton has earned a start with the big club. Bryzo is not working out,its 2/5/12 and Bobbo was put in orbit yesterday at the Newark launching pad. With all the other things going on with the Flyers,goal tending is the most immediate need! No doubt Homer has a simple solution to bring everything back in focus.

I think Leighton if healthy(even without Pronger) can be better than Bryz is

Of course that is not saying much.

I dont know if someone would claim him if we tried to bring him up-can someone else chime in on that

But I would rather take my chances with Leighton and Bob alternatng starts than this Dr; Jekelovich/Mr Hydeogav

He is not the answer. Consistent as ameobic dysenterry

Yes I would give Leights a shot and get some 2nd tier d help ( Gill/Sutton/Whatever) I dont think Walker is the guy

I believe Mister Softee needs to clear waivers to come up, which may be the blessedly only thing that keeps him in Glens Falls the way this team "manages" goalies.

If Leighton dresses for a game this season, they may as well stick a fork in their posteriors and turn them over - they're done.

Bryz was utterly deflating today. It was painful to watch. He took out a great effort.

Homer cannot be happy. But I fail to see what we can do. Bobo is trade bait. Bryz is impossible to trade. In the main, Homer looks good dumping Carter-Richards. But Bryz outweighs the positives right now. What we don't know is if this is a lost season or a lost career for Bryz.

One way or the other...a defining weekend on the downside.

Best,

Howie

Bryz was utterly deflating today. It was painful to watch. He took out a great effort.

Homer cannot be happy. But I fail to see what we can do. Bobo is trade bait. Bryz is impossible to trade. In the main, Homer looks good dumping Carter-Richards. But Bryz outweighs the positives right now. What we don't know is if this is a lost season or a lost career for Bryz.

One way or the other...a defining weekend on the downside.

Best,

Howie

Howie:

Bear here.

Yes, today was utterly deflating. Young kids have heart. Boy do I like that as a change from last year. 2-3 years rebuilding we got a chance again, but..

How does Homer get out from under the G egg he laid. Why is Bryz not tradable? NTC? Is it the contract or the present performance, or both? If it was just the performance, is there not another GM that is desperate and would take the chance?

I doubt Leighton could clear waivers without some GM trying to pick him up as a steal.

BOI

Holy crap, slow it down. Leighton? Hell no. I hated today's loss too, but that's exactly the kind of rash thinking that people on here criticize Homer for. Leighton rots in the A. If you give up in Bryz this season, might as well play Bob the rest of the way to develop him.

Yes, I agree Howie, a deflating weekend. We are lacking the physical presence of Pronger and getting shaky goaltending from both goalies. Impossible to trade Bryz and only if a deal knocks Homer off his feet, I can't see Bobvrosky going anywhere. Only other solution is a getting a dman, either sacrifice some youth and picks for Webber or go for a rental like Bryan Allen or Hal Gill.

I think Leighton if healthy(even without Pronger) can be better than Bryz is

Of course that is not saying much.

I dont know if someone would claim him if we tried to bring him up-can someone else chime in on that

But I would rather take my chances with Leighton and Bob alternatng starts than this Dr; Jekelovich/Mr Hydeogav

He is not the answer. Consistent as ameobic dysenterry

Yes I would give Leights a shot and get some 2nd tier d help ( Gill/Sutton/Whatever) I dont think Walker is the guy

Leighton ain't even in the top 40 goaltenders in the AHL say the stats....sad.

This team is not winning the cup this year or going to the finals , so its merely a matter of trying to go deeper in the playoffs for the franchise to make more $. That is all there is, except for experience for the rookies

Leighton has these stretches of excellence and some of mediocrity. The playoffs are about catching lightning in a bottle. If any of us were paid like Bryz and were as poor in our jobs performance we would be dumped a lot quicker.

There are too many fundamentally poor & horribly inattentive stretches of goaltending from him.

Howie:

Bear here.

Yes, today was utterly deflating. Young kids have heart. Boy do I like that as a change from last year. 2-3 years rebuilding we got a chance again, but..

How does Homer get out from under the G egg he laid. Why is Bryz not tradable? NTC? Is it the contract or the present performance, or both? If it was just the performance, is there not another GM that is desperate and would take the chance?

I doubt Leighton could clear waivers without some GM trying to pick him up as a steal.

BOI

Bear:

Good to hear from you. A belated Happy New Year!

I think there are two questions. One is Bryz. Is this a lost season or a lost career. If we are having this question next year I smell a waiver in the hope another GM will pick up half his salary on the assumption of a rebound.

The bigger question--and I may put it to the board--Is this franchise capable of drafting, recruiting, and nurturing goalies? I suspect there is a blind spot. Reese may have helped but I think there is a deeper problem.

Peace,

Howie

Holy crap, slow it down. Leighton? Hell no. I hated today's loss too, but that's exactly the kind of rash thinking that people on here criticize Homer for. Leighton rots in the A. If you give up in Bryz this season, might as well play Bob the rest of the way to develop him.

I guess people don't remember how many soft goals Leighton let in? Shame Bryz has that NMC or we could just tell him to f off and get his head on right while taking buses to his games in the AHL.

The bigger question--and I may put it to the board--Is this franchise capable of drafting, recruiting, and nurturing goalies?

Probably not as this team is unable to reside in a "growing" state. If they aren't challenging for the cup (or at least appear to be) then it's a losing season. The team doesn't have the patience to develop a goalie. In my mind, if they were, then Bob would be the prefect candidate... still is. I mean, we are only one season removed from his rookie season where he stole the starting job out of camp. If he didn't steal the starting job and instead came into the spotlight half way through the season as a stellar backup, I think he'd be viewed differently. If there was patience for growth though, Bryz wouldn't have been signed.

Probably not as this team is unable to reside in a "growing" state. If they aren't challenging for the cup (or at least appear to be) then it's a losing season. The team doesn't have the patience to develop a goalie. In my mind, if they were, then Bob would be the prefect candidate... still is. I mean, we are only one season removed from his rookie season where he stole the starting job out of camp. If he didn't steal the starting job and instead came into the spotlight half way through the season as a stellar backup, I think he'd be viewed differently. If there was patience for growth though, Bryz wouldn't have been signed.

Spin:

Agreed, and that is why signing a Vokoun or Senior Statesman type would have made more sense than Bryz. I think we implicitly told Bobo he either trade bait or semi-disposable if his development was slow. As for the Cup Challenger every year...well, that would take a thread by itself...and when you consider we are now have the longest Cup dry spell other than the Leafs...makes you wonder.

Peace,

Howie

The only thing getting challenged this year is the resolve of the players who have to try and overcome his psychotic goaltending game in & out and the fans wasting time and $$ watching tghe garbage

There is a saying about the old Soviet union and workers

"they pretend to pay us & we pretend to work"

well hes getting paid and still pretending to work somewhere in his cosmos of his existence

Solaris again

You better not be talking smack about "AHL All-Star" Michael Leighton! Wow, I can't even type that without laughing out loud.