Potential Flyers trades

RonJeremy

I read that the Flyers are interested in Lawson Crouse the big left wing from Arizona, he is doing OK but so far he has not lived up to his potential, I guess he’s a perfect fit. I wonder if we would go after Chycrun , the cost would be very high and we already traded two young guys, a first and two seconds last year, so we don’t have a lot of assets to burn. Right now G and Atkinson are playing well , so they have value in a trade. We also have to decide if we are signing or trading Risto and if there is any way to trade Ellis (if he comes back)at the deadline, I would. We can always buy out JVRs last season and we are definitely stuck with Hayes. Time to rebuild. I would also see what’s being offered for Coots and if the right deal is available, I would dump him too. He will be 35 by the time the team is decent .

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would pick up the phone and offer Risto for Klingberg in a heart beat and hope they are drunk enough to do it...

:PopcornSmiley2:

The problem is Klingberg wants a long term in the neighborhood of $62-65 million...and Fletcher is dumb enough to do it. 

Then again if he doesn't he may well give that money to Ristolainen.

• Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The problem is Klingberg wants a long term in the neighborhood of $62-65 million...and Fletcher is dumb enough to do it. 

So you'd rather hand that contract to Risto?

You said yourself Chuckles is going to resign him to an 8 year deal so I ask you if you have to choose between those two which one would you prefer?

And no you have to pick one of those two.

And I with you I would rather go after Manson from the Ducks he is what they need on the back end a guy who can actually play defense.

But yeah I want something good to happen so I can watch hockey again because I can't watch this show it show as it is now.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

Speculating what this management group will do is like..... Well, there is no metaphor for it, its never been done, a constant struggle to be mediocre. I'm sure there are a bunch of 30 somethings out there with major injury issues that would like a six year deal with a NMC that they can trade for or sign in July. 10 years of unwatchable hockey. Lets Go Flyers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I’m wondering what the Flyers will do with our right handed dmen.  We have an over 30 injury prone first pair dman and an underachieving second pair dman. So if we do not re-sign Risto and Ellis is hurt again next year , we will be in big trouble. Is Risto worth 6 million a year, that’s probably less than he will ask for,  but that’s probably the most we should pay for him. What other viable defenseman are out there that won’t cost a fortune? Let’s say we didn’t sign Risto,  Can York and Provy play as the first pair are either of them capable of playing the right side?  Then you move Ellis to the second pair with Sanheim and Zamula and Braun are the third pair, unless someone else beats out Braun. Do we go after Chycrun who is considered a top pair guy? If we trade G and some other vets we can gain assets to help in a trade for Chycrun. I would assume AZ would want York and Frost or Konecny, plus a pick.

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m wondering what the Flyers will do with our right handed dmen.  We have an over 30 injury prone first pair dman and an underachieving second pair dman. So if we do not re-sign Risto and Ellis is hurt again next year , we will be in big trouble. Is Risto worth 6 million a year, that’s probably less than he will ask for,  but that’s probably the most we should pay for him. What other viable defenseman are out there that won’t cost a fortune? Let’s say we didn’t sign Risto,  Can York and Provy play as the first pair are either of them capable of playing the right side?  Then you move Ellis to the second pair with Sanheim and Zamula and Braun are the third pair, unless someone else beats out Braun. Do we go after Chycrun who is considered a top pair guy? If we trade G and some other vets we can gain assets to help in a trade for Chycrun. I would assume AZ would want York and Frost or Konecny, plus a pick.

I'm not so worried about Ellis when he gets healthy he is what they need to help get this team right.

The problem is he can't do it alone.

I would keep Ellis, Ivan, York and Zamula.

Make me an offer for the rest of the junk...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not so worried about Ellis when he gets healthy he is what they need to help get this team right.

The problem is he can't do it alone.

I would keep Ellis, Ivan, York and Zamula.

Make me an offer for the rest of the junk...

Lol @ "when he gets healthy"

Pretty sure you're an "if" he gets healthy. Which he won't, Fletcher was sold danamagef goods and was more than happy to pay top dollar for the privilege.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

do you even care if this team turns to buffalo sabres when they hire another unknown and misses more picks?

Well, you're the one who said they fixed the D this offseason and next year they are going to fix the forwards.  We wouldn't want to fire Fletch before he paints his masterpiece.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would pick up the phone and offer Risto for Klingberg in a heart beat and hope they are drunk enough to do it...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Get those Texans really drunk on some damn good whiskey, and send them Provorov and Ristolainen for Klingberg and Heiskanen. Hell, we'll throw in a prospect, that we can't develop anyway.

Edited by FD19372

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I read that the Flyers are interested in Lawson Crouse the big left wing from Arizona, he is doing OK but so far he has not lived up to his potential, I guess he’s a perfect fit. I wonder if we would go after Chycrun , the cost would be very high and we already traded two young guys, a first and two seconds last year, so we don’t have a lot of assets to burn. Right now G and Atkinson are playing well , so they have value in a trade. We also have to decide if we are signing or trading Risto and if there is any way to trade Ellis (if he comes back)at the deadline, I would. We can always buy out JVRs last season and we are definitely stuck with Hayes. Time to rebuild. I would also see what’s being offered for Coots and if the right deal is available, I would dump him too. He will be 35 by the time the team is decent .

I would rather go after Chychrun. Younger with less history of Coyotestank on him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

do you even care if this team turns to buffalo sabres when they hire another unknown and misses more picks?

Do you think Fletcher has done a wonderful job, taking a mediocre Flyer team, making them way older with worse contracts, which has resulted in them being less than mediocre? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Do you think Fletcher has done a wonderful job, taking a mediocre Flyer team, making them way older with worse contracts, which has resulted in them being less than mediocre? 

I know you're not asking me...but no, he hasn't. Anybody who understands Fletcher's relationship with Bob Clarke, knows why he was hired. He's like a distant cousin to Flyer alumni. Hextall was our Sam Hinkie and Fletcher has little track record of success anywhere, including Minnesota. The only two things he did positively was get Atkinson for Voracek, and buy broken down Ellis's contract for a broken down Patrick. That's it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

and buy broken down Ellis's contract for a broken down Patrick. That's it.

He also threw in Phillipe Myers into the bargain. But hey who wants a young 6' 5" 215lb RH-shot D-man who skates incredibly well? That would mean someone would have to coach him, work with him to develop his potential.

Fletcher saved the Flyers a ton of work. He could tell by watching that excellent 2020-21 club...he could see 24-year old Myers had reached his ceiling in the NHL. Fletcher picked a perfect year to evaluate players. The Flyers played such a disciplined, tight brand of hockey all year. Clearly Myers (and Gostisbehere) couldn't keep up.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So you'd rather hand that contract to Risto?

Ristolainen will be offered a contract by Fletcher. He gave up so much to get him and along with Hayes it's one of his marquee signings (in his mind) no way does he let him walk.

Not much point in "What ifs?" the answers are obvious anyway. If they weren't after Hayes they sure are after Ristolainen.

13 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He also threw in Phillipe Myers into the bargain. But hey who wants a young 6' 5" 215lb RH-shot D-man who skates incredibly well? That would mean someone would have to coach him, work with him to develop his potential.

Fletcher saved the Flyers a ton of work. He could tell by watching that excellent 2020-21 club...he could see 24-year old Myers had reached his ceiling in the NHL. Fletcher picked a perfect year to evaluate players. The Flyers played such a disciplined, tight brand of hockey all year. Clearly Myers (and Gostisbehere) couldn't keep up.

Ristolainen will be offered a contract by Fletcher. He gave up so much to get him and along with Hayes it's one of his marquee signings (in his mind) no way does he let him walk.

Not much point in "What ifs?" the answers are obvious anyway. If they weren't after Hayes they sure are after Ristolainen.

F'n Hayes is useless, and that 7 million contract makes him even worse.

A a no talent slag taking up that much cap space is beyond stupid.

At best he would be a 4th liner on any cup contending team.

Fletcher has no clue how to assess talent. To be honest I would rather have a broken down Patrick over a broken down Ellis. He'll Patrick is young and may become healthy and a better player with the right coaching. Ellis is over the hill and oft injured. Hell we would still have Myers.

Fire Fletcher Now!!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I know you're not asking me...but no, he hasn't. Anybody who understands Fletcher's relationship with Bob Clarke, knows why he was hired. He's like a distant cousin to Flyer alumni. Hextall was our Sam Hinkie and Fletcher has little track record of success anywhere, including Minnesota. The only two things he did positively was get Atkinson for Voracek, and buy broken down Ellis's contract for a broken down Patrick. That's it.

Even his positives have negatives.

Atkinson hasn't made the team any better and has a year longer on his contract than Voracek. 

Ellis has played 4 games in his Flyer career and has 5 more years on his contract.

The positive, I guess, is those two contracts prevent Fletcher from signing two other stupid contracts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I think that's definitely true, but the question I'd ask is does Risto want to stay? Fletcher might offer him the biggest deal but he's been a loser so long he might want to take less to go to a winning organization. 

37 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I think that's definitely true, but the question I'd ask is does Risto want to stay? Fletcher might offer him the biggest deal but he's been a loser so long he might want to take less to go to a winning organization. 

Risto spent 5 or 6 years on a pathetic Buffalo team and one year on a loser Flyers team, I think he is sick of losing and will sign with a winning team if he has a chance to.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Risto spent 5 or 6 years on a pathetic Buffalo team and one year on a loser Flyers team, I think he is sick of losing and will sign with a winning team if he has a chance to.

Sure...unless he gets an offer he can't refuse.

See Hayes, Kevin.

40 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure...unless he gets an offer he can't refuse.

See Hayes, Kevin.

Exactly, which is the most likely outcome. Sure if Fletcher had never overpaid Hayes I could buy the Risto wants to win idea. But Fletcher has already proved he doesn’t mind looking like a fool as long as he lands the “biggest” FA in the pool.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

It’s a hopeful thought but some GM will really have to want him and so outbid Fletcher. The only idiot to give RR his $5.4 last summer was Fletcher. Ristolainen has played his normal game so far this year…we’ll see if anyone but ol’ Fletch gets interested. Thanks for the hopeful thought!