Potential Flyers trades

RonJeremy

1 hour ago, Poconono said:

I feel your pain and I'm assuming you're probably just as old as I am - even though I grew up in the Philadelphia metro area and have been a Flyer fan from Day One, about three years ago I turned traitor and started rooting for the Oilers (yes, I jinxed them too).  At least there's a chance at some kind of future with them.  It's been the same old crap for thirty years in Philly. 

I'm a little shocked that you're not a fan of your nearer Canadian squads.  You know, the ones that actually come up with an elite player once in awhile.

Year's and years ago mom was a Flyer fan because her nephew knew Bobby Clark in Flin Flon. She started me as a Flyer fan. I lost my mom in the early eighties so now there is no other team for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poconono said:

I rarely even watch the Flyers any more so I'm not up on things but if Risto has an expiring contract, why not trade him at the deadline?  I know that's what an intelligent organization might do but does he have any value to a contender?

Step 1:   Pick a contender you hate

Step 2:  Trade him there.

Step 3:  Let nature take care of itself

Step 4:  Watch your pick you got in the trade move up several slots

Step 5:  Waste pick on a broken idiot.

Step 6:  Waste three to four years grooming said broken idiot. 

Step 7:  Trade for that version of Ristolainen

Step 8:  Return to step 1

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Clarke blames Hextall for poor drafting, like picking Patrick instead of Makar. Clarke also blames him for not getting O'Reilly from Buffalo, according to Andy Strickland...a hockey writer/reporter on Twitter.  Interesting.

19 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Clarke blames Hextall for poor drafting, like picking Patrick instead of Makar. Clarke also blames him for not getting O'Reilly from Buffalo, according to Andy Strickland...a hockey writer/reporter on Twitter.  Interesting.

clarke still doesnt know who giroux is

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

clarke still doesnt know who giroux is

This coming from a guy who drafted first round stalwarts like Darren Rumble,  Mike Stothers , Claude Boivin and Steve Smith.  I thiink collectively these guys played about 20 NHL games. Clarke had a couple of good draft years but for the most part he was horrible. The Desjarins /LeClair deal was the best move he ever made.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

There's no way in hell Clarke would have drafted Makar over Patrick. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There's no way in hell Clarke would have drafted Makar over Patrick. 

I agree 100%...which makes Clarke quite the hypocrite, does it not?

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I just read that story,  Clarke is criticizing the Schenn trade to the Blues, is he insane we for Farabee and Frost with those picks . I do agree with Clarke on Patrick , I never liked that pick from the start Patrick looked like a soft p u $ $  y from the get go. He has the same fire that JVR possesses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeez what did Hextall do to BC? Must’ve been recent whatever it was. Pee in his soup spit in his face hit on his granddaughter what? This sounds like something personal btw them. Dragging up a draft that went down what was it 5 years ago? … pretty strange and uncharacteristic of the Flyers, airing dirty laundry in public.

17 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Didn't they just try that? I want some players that I know, can play.

No.  They didn't just try that.

Not handing out free second rounders in every trade like Holmgren did does not mean you are rebuilding when everything else you do and say says you are still trying to compete.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Jeez what did Hextall do to BC? Must’ve been recent whatever it was. Pee in his soup spit in his face hit on his granddaughter what? This sounds like something personal btw them. Dragging up a draft that went down what was it 5 years ago? … pretty strange and uncharacteristic of the Flyers, airing dirty laundry in public.

Love Bobby Clarke the player. Can't stand Bob Clarke the hockey executive.

Watching "The Case for 88" I'm hard pressed to find another hockey executive who is as obviously petty and petulant as "Bob" Clarke.

It seems clear to me that they are feeling the heat as "Senior Hockey Advisors" to a team that has one playoff round win in ten years and looking for scapegoats.

The guy who is GM in Pittsburgh at this point is a solid choice for that - with the caveat that the Pens are actually in a playoff spot...

And, yes, there is no way in hell that "Bob" Clarke drafts a college defenceman over a Western Canadian Junior hockey center. And don't even get me started on the Finn, because he didn't even want Joni Piknosen when he drafted him...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

Love Bobby Clarke the player. Can't stand Bob Clarke the hockey executive.

Oh yeah how can you not love #16? Unless you were playing against him that is, and he was whacking away at your shins and ankles every chance he got ha. Clarke's story is incredible, what he overcame just to play hockey at all nevermind All-Star, 2 Stanley Cups etc.

But Mr. Clarke Exec evidently leaves a lot to be desired...esp lately he seems to have forgotten how to STFU and be a man. Whatever his jealousy or gripe with Hextall is it doesn't belong in public. Calling him out on a podcast or wherever was a real dick move.

But even worse is what it means for the organization as a whole. They're in deeper trouble than we thought. We all see the product on the ice and it's painful enough to watch. And now this? The Flyers are collapsing before our eyes, on the ice into the locker room and straight upstairs to the executive box. God only knows how anyone fixes it and wins back fans like us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Oh yeah how can you not love #16? Unless you were playing against him that is, and he was whacking away at your shins and ankles every chance he got ha. Clarke's story is incredible, what he overcame just to play hockey at all nevermind All-Star, 2 Stanley Cups etc.

But Mr. Clarke Exec evidently leaves a lot to be desired...esp lately he seems to have forgotten how to STFU and be a man. Whatever his jealousy or gripe with Hextall is it doesn't belong in public. Calling him out on a podcast or wherever was a real dick move.

But even worse is what it means for the organization as a whole. They're in deeper trouble than we thought. We all see the product on the ice and it's painful enough to watch. And now this? The Flyers are collapsing before our eyes, on the ice into the locker room and straight upstairs to the executive box. God only knows how anyone fixes it and wins back fans like us.

Well I missed all his hay day wasn't into hockey back in those days living in the south here wasn't really on TV back then.

So I see him as just a bitter senile old man who use to play hockey and wanting to pretend he knows how to run a top notch organization but I will never forgive for what he did to my favorite Flyer back in the 90s and running him out of town (now with that said I'm not saying Big E was completely innocent) but it was all because of Bob and his ego and just being an asshole that they didn't maybe win a Cup back then in his prime.

Fug him!!!!

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Calling him out on a podcast or wherever was a real dick move.

It had the desired effect - Flyers Twitter is over the whole "grocery bag" photo thing and now moving on to how Hextall screwed over Giroux.

I think my favorite so far is the one that blamed Hextall for signing Hayes...

Blinking The Office GIF

• Uggh... 1