Potential Flyers trades

RonJeremy

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I missed all his hay day wasn't into hockey back in those days living in the south here wasn't really on TV back then.

So I see him as just a bitter senile old man who use to play hockey and wanting to pretend he knows how to run a top notch organization but I will never forgive for what he did to my favorite Flyer back in the 90s and running him out of town (now with that said I'm not saying Big E was completely innocent) but it was all because of Bob and his ego and just being an asshole that they didn't maybe win a Cup back then in his prime.

Fug him!!!!

:BrownBag:

Long post. Here it goes....How about this for ya? Ed Snider wanted a "Flyers family" atmosphere...so instead of hiring the best hockey people, he hired ex-players and their associates. Bob Clarke NEVER drafted well, so I find him completely bogus and assinine to criticize Hextall. Ed Snider, God rest his soul, didn't care about getting the best HOCKEY people in here, to run the franchise, and he didn't care to. He had no dam*ed clue whether or not, any of his favorite sons were capable of running a successful franchise. The stupidity in this organization has blossomed, right in front of our eyes, into what it is today....a dumpster fire. Clarke put his venom and hatred of Lindros ahead of building a great enough team around him, one that could have had four good lines to surround Lindros with...not one. Maybe two good scoring lines. He finally woke up after years of stubbornness, and acquired Keith Primeau who could be that two-headed monster with Lindros, but it was too late.

Bob Clarke didn't win a damned thing as a hockey exec.  He got there to the SCF with Florida and us. He put his feud or whatever you want to call it..with the Lindroses, ahead of the hockey team. He didn't lead off the ice anywhere near as well, as he did on it. This franchise bailed on its fanbase by not putting together the best team it could. Instead, it rewarded former players..by bringing them back as returning players and execs. JVR is our current day example of that. Maybe, just maybe...Bob Clarke is DEVIOUS enough, that he wants to be the ONLY captain of a Stanley Cup winning Flyers team, until he dies. I think in the case of Paul Holmgren, he's just a bit of an idiot. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, especially about Bob Clarke sabotaging the team's chances of winning another Cup for selfish reasons. I blame Snider and Clarke, ultimately, for the toxicness of this franchise. One that loyal fans have tried hard to ignore, but I'm wayyy done ignoring.

My bottom line is...you are correct. Ultimately, Bob Clarke put being an a$%hole to the Lindroses ahead of winning a Cup. 

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Long post. Here it goes....How about this for ya? Ed Snider wanted a "Flyers family" atmosphere...so instead of hiring the best hockey people, he hired ex-players and their associates. Bob Clarke NEVER drafted well, so I find him completely bogus and assinine to criticize Hextall. Ed Snider, God rest his soul, didn't care about getting the best HOCKEY people in here, to run the franchise, and he didn't care to. He had no dam*ed clue whether or not, any of his favorite sons were capable of running a successful franchise. The stupidity in this organization has blossomed, right in front of our eyes, into what it is today....a dumpster fire. Clarke put his venom and hatred of Lindros ahead of building a great enough team around him, one that could have had four good lines to surround Lindros with...not one. Maybe two good scoring lines. He finally woke up after years of stubbornness, and acquired Keith Primeau who could be that two-headed monster with Lindros, but it was too late.

Bob Clarke didn't win a damned thing as a hockey exec.  He got there to the SCF with Florida and us. He put his feud or whatever you want to call it..with the Lindroses, ahead of the hockey team. He didn't lead off the ice anywhere near as well, as he did on it. This franchise bailed on its fanbase by not putting together the best team it could. Instead, it rewarded former players..by bringing them back as returning players and execs. JVR is our current day example of that. Maybe, just maybe...Bob Clarke is DEVIOUS enough, that he wants to be the ONLY captain of a Stanley Cup winning Flyers team, until he dies. I think in the case of Paul Holmgren, he's just a bit of an idiot. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, especially about Bob Clarke sabotaging the team's chances of winning another Cup for selfish reasons. I blame Snider and Clarke, ultimately, for the toxicness of this franchise. One that loyal fans have tried hard to ignore, but I'm wayyy done ignoring.

My bottom line is...you are correct. Ultimately, Bob Clarke put being an a$%hole to the Lindroses ahead of winning a Cup. 

Yep well said.

I think he discounts the importance of a sound defense as much as he denied ever needing great goaltending and I'm sure if you ask him he would probably tell you they didn't need Parent to win those Cups.

Dude might have CTE himself...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yep well said.

I think he discounts the importance of a sound defense as much as he denied ever needing great goaltending and I'm sure if you ask him he would probably tell you they didn't need Parent to win those Cups.

Dude might have CTE himself...

One thing Clarke did do was heap praise on Bernie.

Funny how goaltending never seemed to be as important when he was managing the Flyers though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, radoran said:

Love Bobby Clarke the player. Can't stand Bob Clarke the hockey executive.

Watching "The Case for 88" I'm hard pressed to find another hockey executive who is as obviously petty and petulant as "Bob" Clarke.

It seems clear to me that they are feeling the heat as "Senior Hockey Advisors" to a team that has one playoff round win in ten years and looking for scapegoats.

The guy who is GM in Pittsburgh at this point is a solid choice for that - with the caveat that the Pens are actually in a playoff spot...

And, yes, there is no way in hell that "Bob" Clarke drafts a college defenceman over a Western Canadian Junior hockey center. And don't even get me started on the Finn, because he didn't even want Joni Piknosen when he drafted him...

Yes when the Flyers could have signed Curtis Joseph he decides to sign Beezer instead. Clarke is probably pissed that the Pens with Hextall are in a playoff spot and the Flyers aren't.

• Like 1

He better be pissed off. There's enough blame to go around - even for just this year and last - and if Clarke's got an ounce of integrity he'll look at himself first and then at his longtime partner there in the executive suite.

I realize to the execs not everything is about winning the Stanley Cup. Granted. Fine. But we're going on 50 years here. The 4 teams with >40-year droughts besides the Flyers are the Leafs, Buffalo, the Canucks and AZ/Winnipeg. As it stands today who can say (with a straight face) that the Flyers are best-positioned to end their drought before those other clubs do?

How about hiring some coaches who can develop young players? I don't care who's GM if player development continues to SUCK the Flyers will stay exactly where they are.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

As it stands today who can say (with a straight face) that the Flyers are best-positioned to end their drought before those other clubs do?

I can't say that they like the teams you mentioned have good pieces to build around but they also have so many holes and questions they are no closer than any of them.

9 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I don't care who's GM if player development continues to SUCK the Flyers will stay exactly where they are.

I do in my mind he is one of the biggest key pieces and he should be the guy who hires the coach or have the biggest say in it.

That is why they want their puppet in place and Chuckles fits the bill. But like we have been saying it won't change till you try something new and bring in some good ideas from outside.

Let's use the Eagles as an example. There will be many fans who will not give Chip Kelly in helping win the Super bowl they won but he did have a small hand in it for quite a few reason i will lay out.

He is the one who drafted Pro bowl LT Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz who caught the game winning TD his first draft.

His 2nd draft he drafted Jaylen Watkins and Beau Allen.

His 3rd and last draft he drafted Philly favorite Nelson Agholor. Sure there were quite a few bust in there like 1st round pick Marcus Smith just for example.

He brought sports medicine to them which they still use today but his biggest hires was the best Oline coach in Eagles history Jeff Stoutland who is still there today running one of the top Olines in the NFL today. As well as special teams ace Dave Fipp who left last year.

So we can see even though the GM bombed in the hired it laid the foundation for the next staff Doug Pederson to come in and add some finishing touches to like drafting the enigma Carson Wentz and also having a hand in bringing in Nick Foles and well the rest is history se Big Dick Nick's statue in front of the stadium (which i never was and still ain't a fan of building for one Super Bowl).

Point i'm getting at is it takes the right GM with the right dream/plan and putting it into action with the coach they think can help achieve the goal with. He gets his staff together who come up with the systems they are going to run and well you have to coach the team up to the philosophy and then you're going to need some luck too.

And they had some of that especially when you look at all the injuries they had along the way none bigger than Wentz going down who at the time was more likely the MVP at the time who was 11-2 as a starter.

Any ways yes Flyers go out and find a GM who is going to turn this around and go from there.

Let him hire his coach who can then hire his staff. Then they too can have a hand in shaping the scouting department as well. But we know Clarkgren (stole that from @ruxpin )will never do this because they feel they are always the smartest people in the building and they can do no wrong. 

I hope they what is right......yes BITFU.........i'm done with this sh it show....sorry for the long post.

:BrownBag: