Game 36: Hurricanes at Flyers; 1/11/22 @ 7; NBCSP

Howie58

Probably for the best...

Very little info on the Flyers' site, just "due to Covid-related issues affecting the Flyers..."

The NHL sure seems to be wingin' it with these postponements. The Flyers were already missing like 9 regulars and evidently that wasn't enough to stop the games...I wonder how many more Flyers are on the list now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The NHL sure seems to be wingin' it with these postponements. The Flyers were already missing like 9 regulars and evidently that wasn't enough to stop the games...

It's really something of a sad joke at this point. There's no consistency at all.

We're going to be hearing about that Pittsburgh game for years.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's really something of a sad joke at this point. There's no consistency at all.

To be fair I can only imagine how hard it must be to establish some consistency, which is what everyone is looking for, to know what their schedule will be for the foreseeable future. But it's gotta be almost impossible.

If they're committed to following the CDC guidelines, which so far they are, then it's 5 days isolation for anyone testing positive, irrespective of symptoms. That's bound to throw wrenches into all 32 teams' schedules.

Bettman has to figure this out. Nobody paid to see Taxi Squads compete, or sit through lopsided matches like the Pens/Flyers the other night... Obviously the owners will never agree to cancel the season but it's probably what they should do.

• Like 1

I heard it was cancelled because Yandle tested positive and they don't want him to break the streak.   They've also cancelled Thursday's gave vs Boston and Saturday's game vs the Rangers so that Keith will have a chance to break the coveted record by not missing a game.    To hell with the team, it's all about Keith this year.    GO Flyers!  Keith!

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Edited by Digityman
  • Good Post 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:26 AM, radoran said:

So my birthday is tomorrow. I live in Maine, about and hour and half from TD Garden where I have seen ALL but one of my live flyers games over the years.

My wife was kind enough in her infinite wisdom to buy me tickets to the Bruins/Flyers game in Boston on my Birthday....IN THE MIDDLE OF A ****** PANDEMIC!!!!! I've been watching since Christmas hoping they would cancel this game due to covid.... Cuz 1) I could care less about the Flyers right now (org lost me this year....), and 2) I don't want covid.

She's $600+ in including train tickets and game tickets already.

So yeah, why the hell do they cancel the Hurricanes game and not the Boston game tomorrow!!! Can we just cancel the season already...

And of course.... Rask is making his big return tomorrow night. Shutout is inevitable....(should I fake being sick? Get drunk tonight and throw myself down the cellar stairs?)

Again, someone wake me up in 2023.....(hit's self over head with giant novelty rubber mallet)....

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

So my birthday is tomorrow. I live in Maine, about and hour and half from TD Garden where I have seen ALL but one of my live flyers games over the years.

My wife was kind enough in her infinite wisdom to buy me tickets to the Bruins/Flyers game in Boston on my Birthday....IN THE MIDDLE OF A ****** PANDEMIC!!!!! I've been watching since Christmas hoping they would cancel this game due to covid.... Cuz 1) I could care less about the Flyers right now (org lost me this year....), and 2) I don't want covid.

So yeah, why the hell do they cancel the Hurricanes game and not the Boston game tomorrow!!! Can we just cancel the season already...

And of course.... Rask is making his big return tomorrow night. Shutout is inevitable....(should I fake being sick? Get drunk tonight and throw myself down the cellar stairs?)

Again, someone wake me up in 2023.....(hit's self over head with giant novelty rubber mallet)....

Well happy birthday maybe you be the good luck charm at the game to turn the season around...

8 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I think there's still hope that the game will be canceled! Don't lose faith yet!

And Happy Birthday!

18 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Well Happy Birthday.   Who knows, maybe having Giroux, TK, Sanheim, Prov back will spark them to play well.   Wear a N95, bring a gallon of sanitizers and make sure your vaccines are up to date.    Also, don't touch anything.

• Like 1