Should Flyers stand pat at trade deadline?

Guest trevluk

Also, seriously now, Lundqvist is literally the best goalie in the world. He will be the difference more often than not, and he's capable of beating opposing goalies on their hot streaks

Exactly. The Flyers can't expect to win the goalie battle when they play the Rangers and for the most part, neither can anyone else. They have to win the other battles.

[We] have to win the other battles.

In general I like the way we are battling this year relative to last. Guys like Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Giroux, Read, Cooter, Talbot etc are all working their butts off as far as I can tell.

In general I like the way we are battling this year relative to last. Guys like Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Giroux, Read, Cooter, Talbot etc are all working their butts off as far as I can tell.

I agree completely, and I didn't really mean those kinds of battles. I meant it in the more general sense, to beat the Rangers (with Lundqvist) you have to get pucks and bodies to the front of the net. Eliminate turnovers, play solid positional defense, puck support, those kinds of thing.