Game 36 (2nd Try): Bruins at Flyers; 1/13/22 @ 7, ESPN

Howie58

Greetings:

Boston is heavily favored (-250), with Tukka Rask scheduled to make his season debut.  He will be facing Carter Hart.  The computer simulation is a 3-1 Bruin victory. 

According to Jordan Hall, here is the lineup:

Forwards

Joel Farabee-Claude Giroux-Cam Atkinson

James van Riemsdyk-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny

Jackson Cates-Scott Laughton-Oskar Lindblom

Max Willman-Morgan Frost-Zack MacEwen

Connor Bunnaman-Gerry Mayhew (extras)

Defensemen

Ivan Provorov-Travis Sanheim

Cam York-Justin Braun

Keith Yandle-Nick Seeler

Egor Zamula-Kevin Connauton (extras)

Goalies

Carter Hart

Martin Jones

Kirill Ustimenko (extra)

These teams are going in opposite directions, with the Flyers losers in their last five and the Bruins having won four of the last five.  Hopefully, this game isn't canceled. 

Edited by Howie58
  • Thanks 1

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 36 (2nd Try): Bruins at Flyers; 1/13/22 @ 7, ESPN+

JHC Morgan Frost skating 4th line...way to give the kid a chance Ted.

I get it. It isn't easy when your GM has given you such an array of All-Star caliber depth at center.

aye carumba.

edit: interesting. So minus Couturier and Ellis this is the team Fletcher envisioned. Have at it boys good luck...you'll need it. I would love to see Hart stone them all and MacEwen get the 1-0 GWer.

uh-oh just noticed Provorov/Sanheim. That's got disaster written all over it.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

17 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

JHC Morgan Frost skating 4th line...way to give the kid a chance Ted.

I agree. Seems like they are just confusing the kid....

Kid needs to be given bigger minutes and better line mates and with their pathetic record now allowed to play through his bumps in the road.

Getting him confident and playing well should be key moving forward because they are not going to make the playoffs this year.

So if anything can be taken form the season at least get them playing well to end the season to prepare for the future and well to make something out of this lost season.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Hope the Bruins are tired and a little beat up/sore.  They had a pretty chippy game last night against the Habs.  Someone needs to punch the rat right in the broken beak a few times.  Would love to see that!

Heh, he had his beak broke the other night, and he responded on the scoreboard his very next shift...and then had a hatty last night, so by all means go after the rat.

Go easy on Tuukka tonight, bad hip and all.

1 minute ago, Brewin Flames said:

Go easy on Tuukka tonight

🤣

Oh my friend i have no doubt tell him to double up on his chest protector...

...once we're done that B will look like a D because they will pepper that chest like no other....

...that is once it finds it's way on net.

:BrownBag:

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

my cable guide (Spectrum) shows it's on ESPN tonight. I have a feeling it's a mistake but as of 5pm that's what it shows.

Howdy:

It is showing on ESPN as well on my Comcast Guide.  It isn't on Center Ice.  I am going to change the heading. 

Peace, and thanks double checking a semi-old fart, Sir Grateful.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 36 (2nd Try): Bruins at Flyers; 1/13/22 @ 7, ESPN

Okay good so you see it too. Well I guess it is on ESPN then. It’s the first NHL hockey that I’m aware of on ESPN in a long time. I forgot they got the NHL this year.

Could be Major Ugly tonight against Boston who’s playing real well. But they played last night right? Who knows maybe the Flyers can steal a win on the road.

• Like 1

Jesus F'n Christ, do we not have any coaches that can teach these idiots structure? Running around always out of position. Unbelievable!!

Yeo couldn't coach a team of all stars to a win.

AV was bad Yeo might just be worse.

This year is ****** to say the least.

Fire Fletcher ASAP and build from scratch.

outshot 8-1 in the 2nd until MacEwen downed Lewington. After that the Flyers  looked pretty good. Scored twice, took a very dumb penalty while shorthanded (Willman can-openers Pasternak - easy call) and ended the period down 3-2. Could be - and I expected it to be - a helluva lot worse.