Game 37: Rangers at Flyers; 1/15/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The Rangers are favored (-150) with a projected score of 4-1. 

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/new-york-rangers-at-philadelphia-flyers-11522-nhl-picks-and-predictions

It looks like Shesterkin versus Hart between the pipes.  Shesterkin was in goal the last time these teams me in December, when we lost 4-1.  I haven't seen any projected lineups.  

Edited by Howie58

Hey if the Flyers don't give up a HT tonight I'll be happy... I think they already set a record for HTs given up - either in a certain number of games or for a season...something.

You gotta feel for Carter Hart. The Provorov/Sanheim pair lasted about 6 minutes the other night...I feel for Provorov and Sanheim too. Neither guy is where he should be as an NHL player and obviously some of that is on them. If they were the only ones I'd blame them more but they're not...the stagnation is rampant on the Flyers. Rampant Stagnation should be in contention for the Flyers' motto.

York is a real good player but he's young and inexperienced, he'll make some rookie mistakes. The Flyers don't have much in the way of role models for D-men so the odds he'll keep getting better in the O&B are ...  about the same odds as the Flyers winning tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hey if the Flyers don't give up a HT tonight I'll be happy... I think they already set a record for HTs given up - either in a certain number of games or for a season...something.

You gotta feel for Carter Hart. The Provorov/Sanheim pair lasted about 6 minutes the other night...I feel for Provorov and Sanheim too. Neither guy is where he should be as an NHL player and obviously some of that is on them. If they were the only ones I'd blame them more but they're not...the stagnation is rampant on the Flyers. Rampant Stagnation should be in contention for the Flyers' motto.

York is a real good player but he's young and inexperienced, he'll make some rookie mistakes. The Flyers don't have much in the way of role models for D-men so the odds he'll keep getting better in the O&B are ...  about the same odds as the Flyers winning tonight.

I would love to see Sanheim and Provorov go postal on someone for several reasons. It would be entertaining, it would show they are frustrated and they care, it would help create an extra nanosecond of time for them with the puck (see Pronger). Right now, opponents forcheck the Flyers with impunity, nobody ever pays the price for jamming the net, and Hart gets pushed around his crease every night. A little nasty goes a long way, especially come playoff time, where anything can happen, ha ha. The Boston game the other night Bergeron planted himself in the crease and Sanheim's reaction was to whine to the referee. His reaction should have been to put Bergeron on his face. I think these 2 players are the best examples of how poorly the Flyers have developed young talent.  BITFU. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

A little nasty goes a long way

If only the Flyers could make a ridiculous trade for a guy who has a reputation for being mean and a big hitter. But where could they ever find such a a player, or a team willing to give him up? Could you imagine this defense with a guy like that?  🤔 It would fix everything.  If I was the Flyers I'd give up whatever I had to to get him

Ah...a guy can dream, right?

4 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

I would love to see Sanheim and Provorov go postal on someone for several reasons.

Provorov yes.  There is every reason to expect him to do well and chalk this season up to him just being on a bad team and during a bad season.  Sanheim... I don't know. Honestly, I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he is  anything special.

Edited by Mad Dog

43 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Provorov yes.  There is every reason to expect him to do well and chalk this season up to him just being on a bad team and during a bad season.  Sanheim... I don't know. Honestly, I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he is  anything special.

He may not be anything special, but as far as advanced metrics go, his Corsi is only behind Couturier, Giroux and Konecny for any Flyer who's played most of the games. In other words, he's our best defenceman according to Corsi. That's how good the Flyers are.

There Flyers are the worst passers I've ever seen in the NHL...They miss the most wide-open, no pressure, totally routine passes multiple times a shift. It's almost unbelievable how bad they are.

But I shouldn't be surprised. Another game another 10 minutes w/out a SOG in the 1st. Zero forecheck, no backcheck to speak of, losing all the foot races and puck battles... All the basics suck why should passing be any different?

edit: except that after Oskar scored, and the Flyers woke up - the passing Still Sucks.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Great work driving the net by MacEwen almost put it past Sherskin, puck gets kicked out and York slaps it home. Great goal!

and then give the goal right back less than a minute later. Un-real. Such sloppy coverage and WTF is Sanheim doing playing the shooter way out at the blue line?

and now the Rangers get the go-ahead goal...What else is new?

Watching this game I'm not fully convinced that there isn't some young talent on this team. Yeah there are some albatrosses here Hayes, JVR, Ellis and a couple others.

But if they hire some good position coaches and a HC that can help the youngsters instead of hindering them the rebuild might not take as long as one might think.

But we need a good GM to start the process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Watching this game I'm not fully convinced that there isn't some young talent on this team. Yeah there are some albatrosses here Hayes, JVR, Ellis and a couple others.

But if they hire some good position coaches and a HC that can help the youngsters instead of hindering them the rebuild might not take as long as one might think.

But we need a good GM to start the process.

York is moving the puck well and creating some offensive chances.

Yeo wants to end bad habits. We seem to have acquired a habit of losing. 

I agree with Fizz that we might have youngins worth developing. York is good. MacEwen tries. Giroux, JVR, Hayes, have unglued or whatever before our eyes. 

Meanwhile, we lose the games in the first 10 minutes. 

Sorry for venting. 

• Like 1

Well.

That sucked.

I think I'd rather see them get blown out. Better than watching them play catch up every night. Score a great goal then give it back 40 seconds later. It's boring.

5 wins in their last 23 games is exactly how they look out there - like a team that wins once every 4 or 5 games.

• Like 1