He's back!

Guest PhlyersPhan

Danny Briere is back on his game. Thanks to Digy's thread on "Most Frustrating Flyer"--a couple of us called out D.B. for not playing up to his potential. We knew he was better than the 8 game dry spell for him. I'm happy for him and the Flyers--nice win and comeback vs. the Islanders. Digy's thread must have reversed the curse...

Lavy made the right call to shake thing up by bring in the "Bob-ster"--nice shut out after he came in--Bobs had some terrific saves!

Jagr reaggrivating that groin was disappointing though.

Danny Briere is back on his game. Thanks to Digy's thread on "Most Frustrating Flyer"--a couple of us called out D.B. for not playing up to his potential. We knew he was better than the 8 game dry spell for him. I'm happy for him and the Flyers--nice win and comeback vs. the Islanders. Digy's thread must have reversed the curse...

Lavy made the right call to shake thing up by bring in the "Bob-ster"--nice shut out after he came in--Bobs had some terrific saves!

I posted on that thread. Two words for Briere: Playoffs - Clutch. He is still on pace to score 30 goals. As I said on the other thread, as long as he is not costing us games, I could care less about his dry spells during the regular season.

excellent points all round. I was surprised but pleased to see Bob come out in the second. I was thrilled to see Jagr back so soon but that excitement was ill placed it seems.

That's the difference between hartnels dry spells and dannys. Hartnel goes in long dry spells followed by a short unsustainable burst. And he is a liability in his own end.

When briere goes in his slumps he doesn't usually hurt them in their own end. At least not since his first year with the flyers. And when he gets going he can sustain it, especially in big games. As VanFlyer said, so long as he shows up for the big games, he can drift though these beginning of the season non-division games. Not to say his slumps aren't frustrating though......