Marc-Andre Bourdon VS Erik Gustafsson

Guest Flyingswede

So whats the reason calling up Bourdon instead of Gustafsson (who has been good). Add size to the defense? Let Bourdon breath som NHL air? Who is this guy Bourdon anyway? How did he look this night?

Gus is still injured. Had wrist surgery last week and will be out I think 4-6.

EDIT: Bourdon looked good actually. He got burned on one play that resulted in a breakaway against, but for his 2nd game, he looked decent. He has a cannon of a shot, but I'm not sure he's hit the net yet, lol (but because of traffic not because he's got Carteritis).

Edited by brelic

How did he look this night?

I think he's looked pretty good in his two games up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to give sole attention to the game last night but it was on in the background and when I watched and saw him on the ice, I never thought "SEND THIS BUM BACKDOWN!!!!" Looking forward to seeing more of him though...

I liked what the kid brought. He will never be mistaken for a speed demon, but I'll give up the lack of speed for physicality....as long as his positioning is ok. Flyers don't have enough d-men that make forwards look over their shoulder before going into the corner to retrieve a loose puck. Another thing I liked about Bourdon, nice accurate break out passes. The book is still out on him, but so far, so good.

Against the canadians he looked absolutely solid. He doesn't seem to get nervous with the puck and the only penalty he took was a slashing call. The best thing about his play is that you never notice him on the ice unless you are looking for him. He seems to have a knack for being in the right position even if he is not the fastest player on the ice. With Lilja mercifully down with a high ankle sprain, I hope we get a much longer look at him.

Against the canadians he looked absolutely solid. He doesn't seem to get nervous with the puck and the only penalty he took was a slashing call. The best thing about his play is that you never notice him on the ice unless you are looking for him. He seems to have a knack for being in the right position even if he is not the fastest player on the ice. With Lilja mercifully down with a high ankle sprain, I hope we get a much longer look at him.

And, it was a smart slash. Ended a breakaway, no penalty shot.