Hayes out again 4-6 weeks

RonJeremy

31 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Great news , Hayes is out 4-6 weeks… the pipe dream is long over, it’s time to sell . Once we trade G our offense will be even more pathetic and maybe we can lose enough to get the 4th or 5th pick. 

Listen to the end. You'll thank me later.

2021 Flyers...

20 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Great news , Hayes is out 4-6 weeks… the pipe dream is long over, it’s time to sell . Once we trade G our offense will be even more pathetic and maybe we can lose enough to get the 4th or 5th pick. 

You know what is crazy with the ability of hindsight mind you.

Remember when it was reporter they were interested in Hayes back when it all started and it was reported he didn't want to come to Philly unless he got over paid big time and well here we are?

From reports the Eagles want Russell Wilson big time because we we just saw the guy they blew it all up for just shat the bed in the playoffs so now they are desperate because they don't seem to have a plan at QB so now they want to target Wilson and it has been reported now like a few weeks ago that he doesn't want to be in Philly. He maybe best suited for New York.

But guess what that isn't enough for Howie no sir he is insistent on getting his man.

Why the fcuk would you be so damn adamant about acquiring someone  who doesn't want to be here.

Never have I seen such arrogance before till I watched the Flyers do the same thing.

Why must you go find someone who doesn't want to be apart of your organization and still pursue them till no end?

Find another way Russell Wilson and his 40 mill pay check isn't what is going to fix this team for the future.

I swear I wish I had never got into sports when I was young....I should have just kept deer hunting and fishing so much less worries in the world...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

23 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

This has been the Flyers way for 20 years.  Decide what you "need" (i.e. want), then pay any price to get it.

And they tend to pay players based upon what they want them to be rather than what they are.

And they always tend to rush players back into the lineup at the early side of their potential recovery period.

Hayes is a poster child for all of these tendencies.

Honestly, this is what just doesn't work anymore - in large part because of the steps The Flyers took to implement the salary cap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

And they tend to pay players based upon what they want them to be rather than what they are.

And they always tend to rush players back into the lineup at the early side of their potential recovery period.

Honestly, this is what just doesn't work anymore - in large part because of the steps The Flyers took to implement the salary cap.

And they prefer light beer!

And they like steak sause on well-done steak

And Miracle Whip on things that aren't metal gears or hinges needing lubrication.

And they voted for Jill Stein.

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Edited by ruxpin

Just now, ruxpin said:

And they prefer light beer!

And they like steak sause on well-done steak

And Miracle Whip on things that aren't metal gears or hinges needing lubrication.

Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

GIF by Ghostbusters

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:42 PM, radoran said:

He is indeed, with this little added extra:

On 1/19/2022 at 11:15 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Why the fcuk would you be so damn adamant about acquiring someone  who doesn't want to be here.

I don't know for sure that Fletcher heard Hayes say he wouldn't play for the Flyers unless they overpaid him. Before the $50mil offer that is. I can't swear Fletcher knew but JHC everyone else seemed to know.

And that (for me) makes Fletcher the worst GM in Flyers' history. They all made some incredibly stupid moves based on exactly what Rad describes. But none AFAIK hired a player who flat out said, "pay me more than I'm worth or I won't sign."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

And that (for me) makes Fletcher the worst GM in Flyers' history.

*ahem* Paul Holmgren is sitting right there. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

But there is competition, yes.

I'm no fan of ol' Fletch, but in both of his most recent positions, he's been directed to do things. In Minny, he was told to sign Suter and Parise. In Philly, it's "make the playoffs" (because, you know, anything can happen, or so I'm told).

So, to "make the playoffs" he "had to" go out and sign a 2C because they "needed" one for 2019-2020. So he did go out and sign the "best available" 2C, to a seven year deal. Was the "best available" 2C a good fit? Was the "best available" 2C at the time actually what the Flyers needed in the long term?

Didn't matter. Gotta "make the playoffs." And they made the playoffs! And - gasp - won a round!

And then missed the playoffs the next year. And are more than likely going to miss the playoffs this season. And then they only have four more years of the 2C they "had to have" to make the playoffs in 2020.

And that's all before we even get to the question of whether Hayes insisted that they overpay him to come here.

It's really a perfect storm of what's wrong with this franchise.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1