Game 41: Flyers at Sabres; 1/22/22 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

1 minute ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

And there's about a 95% chance they'll screw that up too.

So far Fletcher drafted Foerester and York , those look like pretty good picks. His trades on the other hand are an absolute failure . Let’s hope we have a new GM but the question is , if we dump Fletcher and keep the same scouting staff then things may not change much.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So far Fletcher drafted Foerester and York , those look like pretty good picks. His trades on the other hand are an absolute failure . Let’s hope we have a new GM but the question is , if we dump Fletcher and keep the same scouting staff then things may not change much.

York looks good. The guy I wanted scored twice against the Flyers today. Newhook was another guy I'd have liked. He'd probably be ahead of JVR in goals this year. As a 20 year old. Foerster looks good. We should  have had a 14th overall last year, but Fletch flushed that one.

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

and at this rate that 2nd rounder we gave them in that Risto deal will end up being a solid pick too.  

Yep and the 2nd for the next season as well.

Everything that could go wrong has.

Make it stop....

:whiteflag:

• Uggh... 1

37 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Newhook was another guy I'd have liked..  He'd probably be on his third torn labrum this year.

This is becoming a habit.  You're welcome.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

I wonder what this means for Yeo?  We dump him, it's another year of changing the coach when the players are the problem.

This loss is awful. Per SOP, we give up the first goal. Then we show some backbone and take a lead....and proceed to come unglued. I had to leave after two periods. Glad I did. 

27 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I wonder what this means for Yeo?  We dump him, it's another year of changing the coach when the players are the problem.

Look, this isn't all in Yeo.  Scotty Bowman couldn't win in this (dis)organization.  Until Clarkgren is gone,, there is no hope.

That said, Mike Yeo is a terrible coach and has been a terrible coach at every stop. Fire him tomorrow for all I care, but for the love of God don't start another season with this jackass behind the bench.  We already fired the head coach.  Yeo is just the interim because there weren't good mid-season options.  So fire him and Laperriere as well, and start over.

None of it makes a difference if the clown car upstairs is still here, but at least do the minimum and kick Yeo to the curb. He and Therrien should not have been hired in the first place. They're both simply ridiculous coaches.

Edited by ruxpin

I really hope they win the next one and don’t tie the team record for consecutive loses. I really feel sorry for all their faithful fans and the ones who attend games. Honestly, I don’t follow them anymore or here for that matter, especially since I moved from the Lehigh Valley to Chambersburg. I really have no idea what the main problems are. I suppose if I stopped by here more often, I would learn something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorkyM said:

I really hope they win the next one and don’t tie the team record for consecutive loses. I really feel sorry for all their faithful fans and the ones who attend games. Honestly, I don’t follow them anymore or here for that matter, especially since I moved from the Lehigh Valley to Chambersburg. I really have no idea what the main problems are. I suppose if I stopped by here more often, I would learn something. 

Hope you're doing well in Chambersburg.  I love that area, but don't get down quite as much anymore.   Some really good restaurants down that way!

• Like 1

And as we are talking about Buffalo, I don't see anybody mentioning Owen Power, the league's 1st overall pick last year, who is currently playing for the University of Michigan.

Look, I completely understand people who say "The Sabres have been rebuilding for what feels like forever, and they have nothing to show for.  Why should we get our hopes too high *this* time?".  OK, I get it.  I really do.  That organization failed their fans, which is why they have been having hard time selling tickets to their homes games for years. But I think unlike the previous years, they have a future core way too good not to bare fruits.  I just can't see why it wouldn't work in the long run.  

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

And as we are talking about Buffalo, I don't see anybody mentioning Owen Power, the league's 1st overall pick last year, who is currently playing for the University of Michigan.

Look, I completely understand people who say "The Sabres have been rebuilding for what feels like forever, and they have nothing to show for.  Why should we get our hopes too high *this* time?".  OK, I get it.  I really do.  That organization failed their fans, which is why they have been having hard time selling tickets to their homes games for years. But I think unlike the previous years, they have a future core way too good not to bare fruits.  I just can't see why it wouldn't work in the long run.  

The Sabres do in fact look poised to finally get good, and possibly very good, but they've had that look before and it all fell apart quickly so who knows. 

Devon Levi, who they got from Florida in the Reinhart deal is just tearing it up this year for the Huskies and has been invited to the Olympics for Team Canada. I believe he, along with Power, is a Hobe Baker nominee. If he emerges as a top NHL talent in a few years they could finally right that ship. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

The Sabres do in fact look poised to finally get good, and possibly very good, but they've had that look before and it all fell apart quickly so who knows. 

Devon Levi, who they got from Florida in the Reinhart deal is just tearing it up this year for the Huskies and has been invited to the Olympics for Team Canada. I believe he, along with Power, is a Hobe Baker nominee. If he emerges as a top NHL talent in a few years they could finally right that ship. 

Yup! Completely forgot upon Levi, who is the 2019 MVP at the World Junior A Challenge.

Holy smokes... Power, Levi, Quinn, Tuch, Asplund, Jokiharju, Thompson, Krebs, Cozens, Dahlin, and Luukkonen... How can one not get excited about this group of young talent?  At the very least, they will be electrifying to watch - that much is a guarantee.  

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1