Game 41: Flyers at Sabres; 1/22/22 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

In fairness they are missing their 1C, 2C, top pair D, top six winger...

Well in fairness, Buffalo is essentially missing most of that as well...they just traded them for future assets. Brilliant! :yes:

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well in fairness, Buffalo is essentially missing most of that as well...they just traded them for future assets. Brilliant! :yes:

True, with the obvious caveat that Buffalo planned to be in this position.

And they're the ones moving in the better direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

didnt even make it to Sundee

Allison has got to be the most injury prone player I have ever seen. It’s been constant injuries for three years . It’s too bad since he has size and a great shot, he would have been a great asset on the PP.  Giroux is having a great year his value is very high, we better trade him immediately, I wouldn’t wait until the deadline, with our luck he will suffer a season ending injury before we can trade him.

Edited by RonJeremy

1 hour ago, radoran said:

In fairness they are missing their 1C, 2C, top pair D, top six winger...

that's a legit excuse for losing. It means nothing to players who should be working hard and smart but instead keep making the same stupid mistakes. The terrible passing, the ridiculous flips to center at the slightest bit of pressure on the puck (caused by even more ridiculous gaps btw the fwds and the D) ...the dumb shot selection the puck-staring on D, letting guys waltz into your zone etc etc etc etc etc

edit: btw I'm not disputing your point - of course any team losing their top centers, all 4 of them in the Flyers case will struggle to win games. But it shouldn't look like this.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

25 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

dominated by Buffalo. 

That happened last year too right??? I remember Rick chirpin about it.

I have to look back they may have swung the tide on Philly....man a new low.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

They're being brought back way too fast.  This (dis)organization is a clown show from top to bottom.

They are a great example of how NOT to build a professional hockey team.  Really have been for decades.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Haven't beat Buffalo since march 29th and it was in OT.

Lost 6-1 March 31st.

Lost 5-3 April 11th.

Bitch slapped today 6-3.

Unreal. 

The gutter is real.

:BrownBag:

and at this rate that 2nd rounder we gave them in that Risto deal will end up being a solid pick too.  

• Good Post 2

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

ouch 😂

I like JSQ.  But that's unfair. They're bringing people back too soon, and it's bulls**t.  They are almost criminally destroying kids.  Even Hayes had his prognosis reduced.   

Probably somewhere along the lines of what Lehner was talking about, but it wasn't just AV.

What we're watching is utter bulls**t.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

That's the sad reality.  Buffalo is in a traditional rebuilding mode, and they are going about it the right way.  They have a future goalie stud in Luukkonen (that kid will be a star in this league), and a good, solid group of young players, like Tuch, Thompson, Cozens, Krebs, Jack Quinn, Asplund, Jokiharju, and Dahlin.  Some of them will be phenomenal players. Give this team 2-3 years and time to develop, and with a good coach and patience, the Sabres *can* be scary good.  

The Flyers' current state is sad and depressing, because there is no direction.  I wouldn't mind for them to suck for several years if there was a plan.  But there isn't one.  Its a disaster.  Demolish it, get rid of rubble, grade the site, and start building from scratch.  There won't be a better opportunity for than than now. 

They've been sucking for several years....at least ten, and rebuilding for several years.  I've been waiting at least a decade for the rebuild to end. Every season it's the same.  Wait a couple more seasons. That's all it'll take. Then. Oh, we just need a couple of more seasons. I'm now over 50 and wondering if I'll ever see the end of it. I feel too much like Charlie Brown falling for Lucy's line of crap that she'll really hold the football this time. Really. She will. Well I ain't buying it with this team anymore. What's the plan, Phil!?