Harry Z sent down to the Phantoms

Guest hf101

I guess this wouldn't be a big deal if it were just to get a few games of some playing time. However it appears as if he is been replaced by Sestito on the fourth line. Sestito has been playing well.

But what this also means is that Couturier centers a line of Sestito and Rinaldo or Sestito and Shelley.

Not the best use of Couturier imo.

They can use Couturier to spell top line guys during regular shifts or maybe try some PP time, while keeping some toughness in the lineup. Harry Z was not getting in the lineup, and wasn't playing much when in. He can get more ice time and development in the minors. If anything, it is a better use of Harry Z. Sestito has earned his spot on the roster with his 100% all in play, and I think Rinaldo is more valuable than Harry Z on the fourth line anyway. Good decision in my opinion.

Also, this does save a small amount on the cap per day he's in the minors...

@doom88

You made some valid points. If the decision to send Z to the Phantoms is solely for Z only......then I'm good with that. I just dislike wasting Couturier on the fourth line with line mates of less offensive skill.

Couturier wasting on the fourth line is likely related to the fact that if he's sent down, he goes to juniors until the junior season is over. And on the other side of the coin, the Flyers are insanely deep at forward with nearly every risk paying off. It's a nice problem to have.

They can use Couturier to spell top line guys during regular shifts or maybe try some PP time, while keeping some toughness in the lineup. Harry Z was not getting in the lineup, and wasn't playing much when in. He can get more ice time and development in the minors. If anything, it is a better use of Harry Z. Sestito has earned his spot on the roster with his 100% all in play, and I think Rinaldo is more valuable than Harry Z on the fourth line anyway. Good decision in my opinion.

Also, this does save a small amount on the cap per day he's in the minors...

Harry Z also leads the team in worst +/- numbers, so he needs to improve in that area...

@doom88 You made some valid points. If the decision to send Z to the Phantoms is solely for Z only......then I'm good with that. I just dislike wasting Couturier on the fourth line with line mates of less offensive skill.
I know what you mean about Couturier being moved down to the 4th. I think Talbot's scoring early in the season was pretty much a flukey occurance. I love what Talbot brings in energy and PK but to me I would rather see him center the 4th line and move Couturier up. Couts has got a nice release and has more offensive upside to his game when paired with capable linemates. Edited by PhilsFanDrew

And on the other side of the coin, the Flyers are insanely deep at forward

This is why he's on the fourth line.

I do think that it's a waste for him to have line mates like Rinaldo and Sestito. But it's the nature of the beast when the team is this deep at the forward position and he's just a rookie who made the team. He'll move up soon enough.

It's a nice problem to have.

a very nice problem indeed.

I know what you mean about Couturier being moved down to the 4th. I think Talbot's scoring early in the season was pretty much a flukey occurance. I love what Talbot brings in energy and PK but to me I would rather see him center the 4th line and move Couturier up. Couts has got a nice release and has more offensive upside to his game when paired with capable linemates.

Absolutely! I had a feeling Talbot was gonna plateau. swapping Couts and Talbot would be perfect... it almost makes so much sense that I'm finding myself baffled that it's not the way it is already.