L10

WordsOfWisdom

Taking a run at the Penguins/Sabres record?  Make it happen!  :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Is this why the forum has been so quiet lately?  

If you can't have this  🏆 you can always do this 💥

If it makes you feel any better, the Leafs have a great team that hardly ever plays and that nobody in Toronto is allowed to watch. So long story short, it doesn't matter whether your team wins or loses.... if you can't watch the @$&% games due to covid. 

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Remember the Ballard years? That's the type of futility I feel as a Flyer fan right now. It's not just the losing...it's the loss of any hope due to the genius' running the org.

No air conditioning, no ice in the drinks, no beer, peeing in a trough, great times, yet I was in awe every time I went in MLG. Lots of Marlie games, Toros games, concerts.

• Like 1

Just now, flyer4ever said:

No air conditioning, no ice in the drinks, no beer, peeing in a trough, great times, yet I was in awe every time I went in MLG. Lots of Marlie games, Toros games, concerts.

The troughs...I'm still traumatized!

Did see some great concerts there...and some lousy ones too!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Remember the Ballard years? That's the type of futility I feel as a Flyer fan right now. It's not just the losing...it's the loss of any hope due to the genius' running the org.

My thoughts on the Flyers are that you guys are hurt by your own success. You win just enough (and recently enough) that the GM can't blow things up. 

You're going through that "9th place" phase that the Leafs went through about 15 years ago where they were just competitive enough to give false hope and prevent the team from rebuilding.  

7 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

You're going through that "9th place" phase that the Leafs went through about 15 years ago where they were just competitive enough to give false hope and prevent the team from rebuilding.  

Yes, we call it "the past decade"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

let's pump the brakes on "rock bottom" because things could always be worse after L12 coming up Monday.

I'm pretty confident that whatever trades Fletcher comes up with will make the team worse. He's definitely a sell low buy high guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm pretty confident that whatever trades Fletcher comes up with will make the team worse. He's definitely a sell low buy high guy.

Or a sell blow get high guy.  Either way, I vote him off the island.

• Haha 4

So Oilers are looking for a goalie....Flyers should trade them Martin Jones it's not they need him any ways....sure his numbers might not wow you but if you seen him play and understand the stink he plays in front of it might be a good option for the Oilers.