Minnesota Wild vs Montreal Canadians, Monday 1-24-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Nice WILD WINNNN!!

Good game for our all 4 lines; defense and goaltending:

Sturm multipoint game ; most points for this game 3 (1 goal; 2 assists);

Kaprizov's had 2 assists and his 100th NHL point tonight;

Boldy goal and assist;

Fiala goal and assist;

Dewar goal and assist;

Zuccarello goal and assist;

Spurgeon goal and assist;

Both goalies Talbot and Kahkonen played very solid too.

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Nice WILD WINNNN!!

Good game for our all 4 lines; defense and goaltending:

Sturm multipoint game ; most points for this game 3 (1 goal; 2 assists);

Kaprizov's had 2 assists and his 100th NHL point tonight;

Boldy goal and assist;

Fiala goal and assist;

Dewar goal and assist;

Zuccarello goal and assist;

Spurgeon goal and assist;

Both goalies Talbot and Kahkonen played very solid too.

Don't forget Benn, Getting his first as a Wild. 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Predicting an 8 spot would be as tough as calling a shutout. 
Go with your gut !!

My gut put only 6, but 9 even would be better, to beat all our records. Did we ever placed 9 or 10 goals in the Wild history? Do not remember. 

It seems Avalanche is unstoppable team in our Division. They winning tonight a game so far against Hawks 2:0  with about 6 minutes left in the regulation, but 2nd team in our Division St. Louis is losing 1:7 their game against Calgary in about 6,5 minutes left in regulation.

Another great game. I especially liked Hartman and Foligno defending Spurgeon and Dumba. The Spurgeon - Dvorak hit I felt was not intentional, Spurgeon focusing on the goal, and probably not really even seeing Dvorak. The one thing I am worried about now is Talbot. Clearly he's not recovered and we have to play almost every other day from now on. That is way too much to play for any goalie. We might need someone to backup Kähkönen. Is Hunter Jones ready to play a couple games?

Oh yeah, I have to compete for the prediction win! I predicted 5-1, a goal differential of plus 4. Is the pre-game prediction about how many goals the Wild scores, or how big the goal differential is? (I have to compete here - just like the Wild now competes, Sturm saying after the game that the team does not accept not winning every game😉)

• Haha 2

I'm not sure who I feel sorry for the most.

The fans have it tough because the Canadians are the only show in town, and they are a mess right now.

The team is a mess right now and have to go back to Montreal and face a rabid fan base.

Expectations were high after last years overachievement and losing the players from last year have proved to be a killer.

Jeez, the Habs are such an embarrassment, I feel like the Wild could have hit 10 goals but I don't feel bad for them at all. Their cup run was a fluke, they slept on this while being sure this team could contend again, which was a huge mistake. I'm just sorry for Ducharme who is constantly thrown under the bus, having to face the media and talk about the same **** again and again. He deserves better.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Oh yeah, I have to compete for the prediction win! I predicted 5-1, a goal differential of plus 4. Is the pre-game prediction about how many goals the Wild scores, or how big the goal differential is? (I have to compete here - just like the Wild now competes, Sturm saying after the game that the team does not accept not winning every game😉)

Goal differential is important too. Some one also needs to win in pre-game prediction, but not only you practically every game.😁

21 hours ago, Alexandron said:

With a current roster, I think, we are capable to improve 2 decades record and to place at least 9 goals per game. When is our next game against Habs? 😉

Hehe, Montreal isn't going to let that happen again, At least not next game.
Maybe Chicago... if Fluery is in goal and they keep him in. Love the guy but he just has horrible outings vs the Wild. :P

Usually when a goalie gets pulled and the other comes in, The scoring tends to stop. The game is mostly in the bag and teams back down a bit. Not exactly the case last game tho ;)
I think the only way to hit 9 would get into a Rock 'em-Sock 'em-Back and forth-Slug fest. 😎  9-7 ...9-8 would be quite the crazy game.