Minnesota Wild vs Montreal Canadians, Monday 1-24-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just looked for our next game on Friday. Our first game against Rangers this season is not going to be an easy one on their ice. This team is a leader in their Metropolitan Division so far with 60 points holding the 1st place. Hope we will be able to compete. I think is going to be an interesting duel between Kaprizov and Panarin, as well as between goalies Kahkonen and Shesterkin whose stats are in 26 played games this season 20-4-2; GAA 2.07.

Edited by Alexandron

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Just looked for our next game on Friday. Our first game against Rangers this season is not going to be an easy one on their ice. This team is a leader in their Metropolitan Division so far with 60 points holding the 1st place. Hope we will be able to compete. I think is going to be an interesting duel between Kaprizov and Panarin, as well as between goalies Kahkonen and Shesterkin whose stats are in 26 played games this season 20-4-2; GAA 2.07.

I didn't realise Rangers have been that good. When I've seen them on highlights they haven't looked that good to me, but the stats show they are. I guess last season's restrictions have estranged me from the Rags, where they really are now. High time to see them in a full 60-minute game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I didn't realise Rangers have been that good. When I've seen them on highlights they haven't looked that good to me, but the stats show they are. I guess last season's restrictions have estranged me from the Rags, where they really are now. High time to see them in a full 60-minute game.

I think goalie is the main reason in their success this season. 

From other news, according to Russo, Sturm was placed on Covid protocol and Rau  was called up from Iowa who placed in taxi squad. Another interesting fact that Fiala is having 4 goals and 4 assists in a last 7 games since started to play with Boldy.

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I think goalie is the main reason in their success this season. 

From other news, according to Russo, Sturm was placed on Covid protocol and Rau  was called up from Iowa who placed in taxi squad. Another interesting fact that Fiala is having 4 goals and 4 assists in a last 7 games since started to play with Boldy.

Just think what they would do if they didn't have the boat anchor of Gaudreau with them 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Just think what they would do if they didn't have the boat anchor of Gaudreau with them 

Like I said before, Gaudreau is better to be placed to the 4th line because he is more physical, more defensively minded player, and to move Sturm as a center to a 3rd line. That will bring much more speed and a better production to this line.

Also taken from Russo twit, that Mats Zuccarello who played for 8 seasons in NY Rangers team " returns to NY on career-best 9-game point streak (16) & 29 points in past 21 games. “I've found a new home here and I really enjoy Minnesota, living here, playing here. Now it's kind of just another away game. But at the same time it's special with the fans.” 

Shop MIN Hockey

@ShopMINHockey , Jan 26

After the return of Joel Eriksson Ek and Jared Spurgeon to the lineup, it looks like the Minnesota Wild will be getting back another key player soon. Michael Russo of The Athletic reported that Jonas Brodin was medically cleared this morning.

It seems Brodin is going to play today.

And Merrill is on Covid protocol joined Sturm too. Which is good - better to pass that stuff now than during playoffs.

50 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

And Merrill is on Covid protocol joined Sturm too. Which is good - better to pass that stuff now than during playoffs.

In addition to that message.

Still we do not know if both players asymptomatic or symptomatic. California decided to clear for work immediately healthcare workers who are Covid positive but asymptomatic. No harm for other people as well as for players too. England and most United Kingdom progressed even more recently, which I found at their media: 

"What are the rules in England?

Most of the rules introduced under Plan B have ended:

-work from home guidance has been dropped;

-face masks are no longer compulsory (although some shops have asked customers to keep wearing them and they are required by Transport for London);

-Covid passes are no longer compulsory at venues and events;

From Monday 31 January:

care homes will have no limit to visitor numbers, self-isolation periods will be cut and rules for managing outbreaks will be eased."

Listening to Russo's podcasts gives an impression that maybe the organisation is looking for a center. Perhaps J.T. Miller. That would be pretty strong. First line Zucc-Kap-Hartman, second Fiala-Boldy-a Miller like center, checking line Eek-Greenway-Foligno, and then a fourth line of youngsters led by Gaudreau/Sturm. Those lines would maybe be contender lines. The only thing wrong here - what would we have to give to get a Miller like center?

I just read from hockeywilderness link an interesting Rem Pitlick's interview:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2022/1/24/22899350/minnesota-wild-rem-pitlick-waivers-transactions-montreal-canadiens-nhl

Rem was talking very nicely about Gaudreau. It seems he is very good teammate for our team.

• Like 1