Fletcher’s presser this Wednesday

Samifan

"we doubled the staff of our player development" - great I'm gonna run right out and buy season tickets

"we doubled the staff of our analytic department" - sure hope I'm first in line

"Ristolainen can be a part of our 6-man D corp" (uh-oh...)

"he can play an even bigger part going forward" (re: Briere. It sounds like something is in the works)

Asked a few times about the guys on IR Fletcher said, "we're trying to avoid surgery..." Huh? Say what Dr. Fletcher? The right answer is, "that's a question for the medical staff, the doctors who are treating the player."

No indication they're thinking "rebuild" or anything like it. Scott said he doesn't expect a 2, 3 or 4-year process because they already have a "good corp."

Yes there is a strong corp of talent on the roster but A) there's not enough of them, and B) they don't play as a team. The D never knows where the fwds will be on the breakouts, very rarely do the skaters connect more than 2 passes in a row and the least bit of pressure they just dump the puck, whip it around the boards where nobody is waiting... or on D they flip it to center. Fletcher said it's hard to score when you're always defending. It's also hard to score when you don't have the puck.

• Uggh... 2

54 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

"The core is good, it's just not healthy". ??? Is Scott serious?

Can you believe this tool. "It's not a 4-5 year rebuild, we except to be right there next year" Our best guy is 34 and getting traded,our best dman is over 30 and injury prone, Coots and Hayes are over 30 and heading downhill, how in gods name can we make the playoffs next year. 

Then he says, we have young guys who came up and are getting a chance to play, other than York and Frost,every guy who was called up is a career minor leaguer.

He says, We got guys on the Phantoms, is he kidding, the only guy with a half a prayer to make the NHL is Zamula. These morons are still in denial. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

"

No indication they're thinking "rebuild" or anything like it. Scott said he doesn't expect a 2, 3 or 4-year process because they already have a "good corp."

Yes there is a strong corp of talent on the roster but A) there's not enough of them, and B) they don't play as a team.

Disappointing, yet a hardly unpredictable rhetoric. They won't change. Period. Move some names around, but the mindset is the same. This organization simply doesn't believe in rebuild.  It's not how they are wired. They would rather be mediocre perpetually rather than scrap several years for the benefit of building better.  Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable.  But as long as they sell tickets, why change anything!?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

"we doubled the staff of our player development" - great I'm gonna run right out and buy season tickets

"we doubled the staff of our analytic department" - sure hope I'm first in line

"Ristolainen can be a part of our 6-man D corp" (uh-oh...)

"he can play an even bigger part going forward" (re: Briere. It sounds like something is in the works)

Asked a few times about the guys on IR Fletcher said, "we're trying to avoid surgery..." Huh? Say what Dr. Fletcher? The right answer is, "that's a question for the medical staff, the doctors who are treating the player."

Yes there is a strong corp of talent on the roster but A) there's not enough of them, and B) they don't play as a team. The D never knows where the fwds will be on the breakouts, very rarely do the skaters connect more than 2 passes in a row and the least bit of pressure they just dump the puck, whip it around the boards where nobody is waiting... or on D they flip it to center. Fletcher said it's hard to score when you're always defending. It's also hard to score when you don't have the puck.

It's also hard to score when you suck

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Can you believe this tool. "It's not a 4-5 year rebuild, we except to be right there next year" Our best guy is 34 and getting traded,our best dman is over 30 and injury prone, Coots and Hayes are over 30 and heading downhill, how in gods name can we make the playoffs next year. 

Then he says, we have young guys who came up and are getting a chance to play, other than York and Frost,every guy who was called up is a career minor leaguer.

He says, We got guys on the Phantoms, is he kidding, the only guy with a half a prayer to make the NHL is Zamula. These morons are still in denial. 

Time to make that moron, a poor moron out of a job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

This tells me they just want to compete because as we all know with their thinking they won't do it the right way.

SMGDH

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Fletcher says that both Ellis and Couturier are working hard, but there's a chance they could miss the rest of the season. Trying to avoid surgery for both but that's possible.

Why Chuckles go ahead and get the damn surgery this year is OVER!!!!

If Ellis had had surgery in October, he might be back next month. As it is... could be out for the year. 🤔

And clearly Couturier has been hurt for much of this season, yet they still sent him out there. 🤔

Didn't they "try to avoid surgery" with Hayes last season, ultimately had the surgery too late, he came back too early, and is now out again with complications from that surgery? 🤔

One thing that's NOT happening is anyone looking for "Official Medical Provider for the Philadelphia Flyers" in any advertising...

:hocky:

• Like 1
  • Annoyed 2

I would like for someone to investigate how long Couturier has been playing inured.  My feeling is for a very long time.  This is not just incompetence.  This is a criminal negligence in mishandling and putting a career of your star player and your MVP in grave danger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I hate this team as constructed and I despise the FO/Management .......

that is all .......

But they repeatedly count on our loyalty.  Why???  What the hell have they done to deserve it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Missed the presser and didn't read much of the thread, but am I correct in assuming that the parade is cancelled?

We're having a parade for winning the draft lottery?!?!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Just now, MaineFlyFan said:

Sounds like they called a presser to tell us fans to relax, nothing to see here. "Off year".... We'll be right back at it next year!....

WOW. Ok, guess I'm done with the Flyers for a while.

I'm going to hang out with Aziz!

They did that "relax" s*it last year. They don't get to do it again.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

They don't see it as a 2, 3 or 4-year rebuild, so it's going to be 10 years before they are good again.