Fletcher’s presser this Wednesday

Samifan

Personally, I think the presser was a waste of time, designed to give fans something, ANYTHING, else to talk about

They know the team is crap. They know fans are pissed. They know they have to do something, but they have no clue what that something is

I also think everyone's job above head coach is safe. Players are going to get moved. But they don't know who

37 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Fantastic post.  He said Ellis?  That's disturbing.   Also disturbing is the noticeable omission of Provy and Hart.   Management has completely lost their minds.  

He also said Frost. Pretty sure Frost was one of the 3 1st-round pick guys, along with Jay OBrien and German Rubstov, who Clarke said would probably never make it in the NHL.

Edit: I think he may have actually said Farabee as part of the core, not Frost as was mentioned by someone. Makes more sense. Still 3/4 core guys over 30, all 3 of them on (LT)IR. And no Hart??? WTF.

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 2

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

So the guy he gave the 7 year $7 million to isn't his core (thank God).

Yes, yes he is...
https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2022/1/27/22903739/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-core-more-rotten-franchise-record-winless-streak-chuck-fletcher-hayes-ellis

And, to be clear, this is Scott's "core".

Flyers General Manager Chuck Fletcher sputtered around where the club is and how they got there while projecting a “run it back” attitude that was echoed by Governor and CEO of Comcast Spectacor Dave Scott, who cited Sean Couturier, Kevin Hayes, Joel Farabee, and Ryan Ellis as a “core group” to build on.

To 30-year-olds, a 32-year-old, and Farabee are his "core" to build around...

The 24 year old goalie signed for two more years? Apparently not.

The 26-year-old defenceman signed for three more years? The "lifetime Flyer" 28-year-old signed for four more years? Again, maybe not...

And, no, Frost was not in that group.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

So the guy he traded Ghost, a 1st, 2-2nds a 7th and Hagg for isn't his core (thank God). 

Fletcher still wants to re-sign Ristolainen...

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Yes, yes he is...
https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2022/1/27/22903739/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-core-more-rotten-franchise-record-winless-streak-chuck-fletcher-hayes-ellis

And, to be clear, this is Scott's "core".

To 30-year-olds, a 32-year-old, and Farabee are his "core" to build around...

The 24 year old goalie signed for two more years? Apparently not.

The 26-year-old defenceman signed for three more years? The "lifetime Flyer" 28-year-old signed for four more years? Again, maybe not...

And, no, Frost was not in that group.

Fletcher still wants to re-sign Ristolainen...

I'm not sure what's worse...That he signed Hayes or that he's part of his core.

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

I'm not sure what's worse...That he signed Hayes or that he's part of his core.

They haven't picked the right players to build around for a decade.

Why start now?

Do you think the new spelling of "Williams" might be "Konecny"?

• Uggh... 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

This year's trade deadline and offseason is going to be the most entertaining in years because people are just waiting to see how bad Schmuck shits the bed with regards to his "retool". This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Enjoy the show because it's going to be a spectacular crash.

Sadly, I have no doubt this will prove prophetic.

This year's trade deadline and offseason is going to be the most entertaining in years because people are just waiting to see how bad Schmuck shits the bed with regards to his "retool". This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Enjoy the show because it's going to be a spectacular crash.

i serously dont get your mindset, you see  teams like senators, sabres, oilers,  devils, they have been tanking and where has it gotten them? and you think it's going to work for us? here's the other problem, wright and bedard, what makes you think we are getting them? it's called lottery, there are no guarantees, we could get none of those players and we would be the laughing stock for 10 to 20 years i dont know how you are ok with that? not unless you have lost your will to win and not care if this team is crap.

and if you think stars will come to tanking organization, you are the one that's out of touch.

Edited by tucson83

4 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i serously dont get your mindset, you see  teams like senators, sabres, oilers,  devils, they have been tanking and where has it gotten them? and you think it's going to work for us? here's the other problem, wright and bedard, what makes you think we are getting them? it's called lottery, there are no guarantees, we could get none of those players and we would be the laughing stock for 10 to 20 years i dont know how you are ok with that? not unless you have lost your will to win and not care if this team is crap.

and if you think stars will come to tanking organization, you are the one that's out of touch.

We already are a laughing stock.

So, Dave Scott is banging the "we're going to spend money!" drum, is he?

The Flyers have all of $4,490 in cap space for this season.

How'd that work out for them?

The Flyers' problem isn't "not spending money" - it's spending huge amounts of it on the wrong assets.

• Good Post 2

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

So, Dave Scott is banging the "we're going to spend money!" drum, is he?

The Flyers have all of $4,490 in cap space for this season.

How'd that work out for them?

The Flyers' problem isn't "not spending money" - it's spending huge amounts of it on the wrong assets.

Yup, 7 mil for Hayes trading for a broken down defenseman Ellis and a big dummy Risto.

The list goes on and on. 

I would love to see Fletchers plan to build a team.

The Philasota Flywild.

FFS if I wanted to cheer for a Minnesota team I would. 

54 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

You are the one who said they fixed the defense already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

You badly miss the point of his "mindset."   Especially the post you're responding to.

15 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

I'm out of touch? What have you been watching the past three years? The team has gotten progressively WORSE. That's not a lie and it's something that CANNOT be disputed.

As for the teams you mentioned with regards to rebuild going awry, there's one thing they don't have that the Flyers have and it continually covers up Fletcher's **** job of team building - goaltending. Thank their ****** lucky stars that they have Carter Hart because if they didn't,  this would be a WHOLE lot worse. 

And yes, tearing it down is the way to go and rebuilding PROPERLY is how you fix it. And with regards to clubs you mentioned (plus Philadelphia), they have **** management that's done nothing to fix things. In willing to give Kevyn Adams a pass because at least he's started to attempt to fix what's wrong in Buffalo. Schmuck just throws **** at a wall here and hopes to find something that sticks. And while we're at it, if we're going to talk about teams that have had a hard time with rebuilds, what about teams like Tampa Bay, New York Rangers, Detroit or Toronto? They've seemed to dive quite well in their rebuilds. Maybe great management and ownership means something. 

And while we're on the subject of Schmuck, let's go over his offseason moves. When Allison, Laczynski and Frost weren't ready to start the year, he didn't have a backup plan on place. He instead signed guys like Brassard and Thompson. Our how about bringing in Keith Yandle because "York and Zamula" needed seasoning.  Are you ****** kidding me? Those guys have been atrocious this year. Our how about parting with prime assets for Ass-to-Mouth Stinktolainen or giving away prime assets and Gostisbehere to bring onboard Stinktolainen?

There's nothing about this group that has any redeeming quality. Say what you want, but Schmuck has set this franchise back and there's good old Dave Scott telling everyone that Schmuck is his guy and that they're close. It was embarrassing and nauseating to watch. I'm sorry you're so colorblind by this organization, but I've watched this for 40+ years and it's been the same old, same old. The only redeeming grace is that Danny Briere is working his way through the management ranks and has an eye for talent. 

Open your eyes. Nothing is going to change and in fact I'm willing to bet it gets even worse next year. I'm sorry you can't see the damage Schmuck is doing it how Dave Scott enables him, but as a fan who has spent thousands and has been loyally devoted for over 40 years, yeah, I have every right to call this ******** out. It's too bad none of the media yesterday had the balls and spine to call them out.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm out of touch? What have you been watching the past three years? The team has gotten progressively WORSE. That's not a lie and it's something that CANNOT be disputed.

As for the teams you mentioned with regards to rebuild going awry, there's one thing they don't have that the Flyers have and it continually covers up Fletcher's **** job of team building - goaltending. Thank their ****** lucky stars that they have Carter Hart because if they didn't,  this would be a WHOLE lot worse. 

And yes, tearing it down is the way to go and rebuilding PROPERLY is how you fix it. And with regards to clubs you mentioned (plus Philadelphia), they have **** management that's done nothing to fix things. In willing to give Kevyn Adams a pass because at least he's started to attempt to fix what's wrong in Buffalo. Schmuck just throws **** at a wall here and hopes to find something that sticks. And while we're at it, if we're going to talk about teams that have had a hard time with rebuilds, what about teams like Tampa Bay, New York Rangers, Detroit or Toronto? They've seemed to dive quite well in their rebuilds. Maybe great management and ownership means something. 

And while we're on the subject of Schmuck, let's go over his offseason moves. When Allison, Laczynski and Frost weren't ready to start the year, he didn't have a backup plan on place. He instead signed guys like Brassard and Thompson. Our how about bringing in Keith Yandle because "York and Zamula" needed seasoning.  Are you ****** kidding me? Those guys have been atrocious this year. Our how about parting with prime assets for Ass-to-Mouth Stinktolainen or giving away prime assets and Gostisbehere to bring onboard Stinktolainen?

There's nothing about this group that has any redeeming quality. Say what you want, but Schmuck has set this franchise back and there's good old Dave Scott telling everyone that Schmuck is his guy and that they're close. It was embarrassing and nauseating to watch. I'm sorry you're so colorblind by this organization, but I've watched this for 40+ years and it's been the same old, same old. The only redeeming grace is that Danny Briere is working his way through the management ranks and has an eye for talent. 

Open your eyes. Nothing is going to change and in fact I'm willing to bet it gets even worse next year. I'm sorry you can't see the damage Schmuck is doing it how Dave Scott enables him, but as a fan who has spent thousands and has been loyally devoted for over 40 years, yeah, I have every right to call this ******** out. It's too bad none of the media yesterday had the balls and spine to call them out.

Its Going To Be Okay Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Don't hold back.......🤣

Just so I am clear.  So Hayes is part of the "core", but their best d-man (Provorov) and young, premiere goalie (Hart) are not part of this "core"?

Hmmmm.  Where could I possibly get an idea that maybe - just maybe - this organization [how should I put it] doesn't have the first damn clue what it's doing?  Just wondering - why would I think that?

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

but their best d-man (Provorov) and young, premiere goalie (Hart) are not part of this "core"?

They don't need those guys in fact those guys are the trade chips Chuckles will use to bring us a couple more 30 plus year old forwards and defensemen (from Minnesota of course) to add the the "core"...

...everything is going to be ok they have a plan...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Just so I am clear.  So Hayes is part of the "core", but their best d-man (Provorov) and young, premiere goalie (Hart) are not part of this "core"?

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about. WTF?! Provy is playing like crap but that's because of the team, and loss on confidence I guess. My core is Hart, Provy, Coots and the young guys. Sanheim maybe.

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

So Heys is part of the "core" now, but their best d-man (Provorov) and young, premiere goalie (Hart) are not part of this "core" ?  Hmmmm.  Where could I possibly get an idea that maybe - just maybe - this organization [how should I put it] doesn't have the first damn clue what it's doing?  Just wondering - why would I think that?

At the very least, ownership certainly doesn't. Management is just along for the ride. 

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They don't need those guys in fact those guys are the trade chips Chuckles will use to bring us a couple more 30 plus year old forwards and defensemen (from Minnesota of course) to add the the "core"...

...everything is going to be ok they have a plan...

:BrownBag:

And in the process, to be complete, let's also throw in some prospects and 2nd round draft picks to trade for Taylor Hall and Zach Parise.

• Good Post 1

35 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Hmmmm.  Where could I possibly get an idea that maybe - just maybe - this organization [how should I put it] doesn't have the first damn clue what it's doing?  Just wondering - why would I think that?

Oh, you know, the past 10-15-20 years or so?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Good podcast on this shitshow yesterday. 

Sometimes Saying Nothing Is Better
Snow the Goalie: A Flyers Podcast

Ant, Russ, and Bundy react to one of the strangest press conferences in Flyers history. The guys ponder the meaning of Dave Scott's appearance, fact check a number of points, and look for indications of what is to come. Plus, a listener letter is read and five star reviews are read. 

Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/snow-the-goalie-a-flyers-podcast/id1365686897?i=1000549200271

IIRC "the core" was part of an answer to what the Flyers need going forward. None of those numbnuts thought to ask Scott or Fletcher directly, "which players are in the core group?" But I suspect they both know that Hart and Provorov are 2 of their highest-value assets. Fletcher does. Dave Scott is probably more like 50-50.

The real problem isn't who they left out it's who they included. Hayes, Ellis and Ristolainen got honorable mentions.

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

IIRC "the core" was part of an answer to what the Flyers need going forward. None of those numbnuts thought to ask Scott or Fletcher directly, "which players are in the core group?" But I suspect they both know that Hart and Provorov are 2 of their highest-value assets. Fletcher does. Dave Scott is probably more like 50-50.

The real problem isn't who they left out it's who they included. Hayes, Ellis and Ristolainen got honorable mentions.

I'm not going to knock Ellis cause he's a good player. His health isn't so great.

While teams like Tampa win cups with smart players and speed, Phillys "core" includes one of the slowest guys in the league and one of the dumbest. 

Not that I expected anything different.