Fletcher’s presser this Wednesday

Samifan

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

No, no cups.   But you know what?  I'd settle for relevant.

Watchable, even.

Colorado is both.     Watching the Flyers is done for the same reason as watching a car crash...in slow motion...in black & white...backwards...dubbed with Taylor Swift love ballads.

You remember they got where they are by dumping some big name players for picks and prospects. Matter of fact, if you count the Nordiques and Lindros, that's their entire legacy. 

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well hopefully that is a reason Scott said:

"Right now Chuck's my man...

🙏

As much as hate to say this, I don't think Chuck is going anywhere. They will operate in manner consistent with their excuses (injuries, covid, blah..blah) and make a few roster moves that will have us all so pissed, we will forget this presser and any past moves

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, CoachX said:

As much as hate to say this, I don't think Chuck is going anywhere. They will operate in manner consistent with their excuses (injuries, covid, blah..blah) and make a few roster moves that will have us all so pissed, we will forget this presser and any past moves

Fletch hat ein richtiges backpfeifengesicht

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Translation:

Fletch has a real slap face

further translation…. A face in need to be slapped.. 

What is the meaning of das Backpfeifengesicht?

A Backpfeifengesicht is the word for a face you don’t like – to be specific, a face you just want to slap or punch!

So the actual translation of the word is ‘slap face’ or, as is the popular translation, ‘a face in need of a slap’!

Fletch has a face in need of a slap….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

further translation…. A face in need to be slapped.. 

What is the meaning of das Backpfeifengesicht?

A Backpfeifengesicht is the word for a face you don’t like – to be specific, a face you just want to slap or punch!

So the actual translation of the word is ‘slap face’ or, as is the popular translation, ‘a face in need of a slap’!

Fletch has a face in need of a slap….

Leave it to someone from Lancaster/Lebanon to translate the German!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:29 AM, elmatus said:

I get this for sure, and I do appreciate your overall optimistic take on things. To be honest, I sometimes feel the sting of disillusion when i read some of your posts, because I was once very much the optimism-first kind of guy. I think at this point, I've just come to terms with the fact that A) my hopes were wrong, and B) there's too much actual evidence for me to try and keep up the charade of optimism. Eventually, the most realistic viewpoint sets in, and though it took time for me too, I've come to terms with it.

It's a choice to be sure.

I know the Flyers are a bad hockey team- there is no delusion there.

But, I like hockey so I've been watching other teams play. I still enjoy the game.

The Flyers will eventually get their act together or stumble upon a great player and become relevant at some point and that will be good.

In the meantime I derive zero pleasure from becoming angry at people I don't know, over situations I have zero control over.  Why would I want to drag road rage into my leisure activities? 

I can assume positive intent by many of the people( and their actions) whom this forum derides on the daily. 

When I do watch the Flyers I will be interested in seeing if any of the Phantoms on the NHL roster have a shot at remaining NHL players. 

Issac Ratcliffe had a pretty decent debut and that 4th line could become a version of the Islanders identity line, that would be fun to see.

I won't be hate watching and hoping for losses. Because **** losing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I won't be hate watching and hoping for losses. Because **** losing. 

I'm just not watching anymore period. And I do hope for losses for two reasons. 

One, is that there's a better chance of getting a better player. 

And more importantly, two, if this continues on and on, they'll have to clean house or lose fans in droves. And I honestly don't believe the guys running the show here can build a winner. NONE of them have done it and they've all had plenty of time to do it in. 

• Like 1