Big Ben makes it official, retires.

nossagog

Just now, nossagog said:

An imperfect man, but a great competitor on the football field. Thanks for all the memories Ben.

Good timing. I just shared that video with family and all the guys in my 28-years-and-counting fantasy football league...most of whom hail from Boston and Philly. Cue the "Rapistberger" posts.

The guy was most definitely flawed but today is about the career. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, B21 said:

Good timing. I just shared that video with family and all the guys in my 28-years-and-counting fantasy football league...most of whom hail from Boston and Philly. Cue the "Rapistberger" posts.

He should have been done when that garbage happened!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, B21 said:

Why is this acceptable if you're a pro athlete?

Imagine someone celebrating a child molester but today is about what a great priest or teacher they were?

He murdered my mom, but wow could that guy make a mean martini.

There are no perfect men. But rapists are pieces of shite no matter what they do for a living.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

14 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Imagine someone celebrating a child molester but today is about what a great priest or teacher they were?

There are no perfect men. But rapists are pieces of shite no matter what they do for a living.

I agree. I  lost a 17 year military career and a state job because of trash far less than what he did. I was found guilty because of what I did for a living. The NFL and the Steelers let him play. I take it as a slap to my face.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 4:24 AM, flyercanuck said:

OK…but he wasn’t even charged. Can the guy at least be innocent until proven guilty? (No OJ comments, please.)

9 hours ago, B21 said:

OK…but he wasn’t even charged. Can the guy at least be innocent until proven guilty? (No OJ comments, please.)

He settled out of court...aka paid her off on the one. Was suspended, aka slapped on the wrist by the NFL for the other.

In other words if you're rich like Michael Jackson you can molest children and pay for it to go away. Or if you're a pro athlete, politician or movie star in the states you can pretty much get away with anything.

If he was a black plumber he'd be doing life.

Ya, he's real innocent.

Would you let him date your daughter?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

15 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He settled out of court...aka paid her off on the one. Was suspended, aka slapped on the wrist by the NFL for the other.

In other words if you're rich like Michael Jackson you can molest children and pay for it to go away. Or if you're a pro athlete, politician or movie star in the states you can pretty much get away with anything.

Ya, he's real innocent.

He settled even after a co-worked testified the accuser bragged about consensual sex with him.   That wasn't even a criminal case. It was civil (i.e. - this "happened" so pay me). And yes - if I had pro-athlete money I'd pay a little to make it go away, too. If I were a black plumber though there is no civil suit because...no deep pockets.

The criminal case was the one where no charges were filed. Totally shady and he should not have been at a college bar in the first place. Total conduct unbecoming an NFL QB...which is why he was suspended.

The guy was no angel - but I stop short of calling him a rapist. And no - would not date my daughter. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 4:40 AM, flyercanuck said:

Ya, he's real innocent.

**** no. 

• Like 1

He was so vile he was on my short list of players I wouldn't allow on my fantasy team. I would rather be lose without him than win with him. And keep in my mind my fantasy Football league is a payout league.

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Just another criminal making a living in the NFL.

I lost a state job a 17 year military career because I would not pay a slut to seduce her (i was found guity of indescent assault because my jobs were payed by the taxpayer.) It still burns after 21 years. And the Steelers and the NFL let him play.

5 hours ago, notfondajane said:

I lost a state job a 17 year military career because I would not pay a slut to seduce her (i was found guity of indescent assault because my jobs were payed by the taxpayer.) It still burns after 21 years. And the Steelers and the NFL let him play.

The NFL letting him play is hardly a vote of innocence. The league is crawling with criminals.

20 hours ago, yave1964 said:

He was so vile he was on my short list of players I wouldn't allow on my fantasy team. I would rather be lose without him than win with him. And keep in my mind my fantasy Football league is a payout league.

I like the way you think.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 7:50 PM, B21 said:

He settled even after a co-worked testified the accuser bragged about consensual sex with him.   That wasn't even a criminal case. It was civil (i.e. - this "happened" so pay me). And yes - if I had pro-athlete money I'd pay a little to make it go away, too. If I were a black plumber though there is no civil suit because...no deep pockets.

The criminal case was the one where no charges were filed. Totally shady and he should not have been at a college bar in the first place. Total conduct unbecoming an NFL QB...which is why he was suspended.

The guy was no angel - but I stop short of calling him a rapist. And no - would not date my daughter. 

Consensual sex in a public restroom? Im not sure how that works?!! I would he would not come near my daughter let alone date her!

Why are we seeing this again? 

did something else happen?

for ****'s sake let this dog lie

Edit: maybe one of our awesome moderators could lock this one ? 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1