Pronger

Guest TwoDocks

Maybe it's the skeptic in me, but I don't know if I am buying this "virus" thing. I recall in the past, when there was an issue with Gagne and him feeling achy, lethargic and headaches, they said it was the "virus".

I really do hope it is an illness, but keeping injuries under wraps is big in professional sports.

Here's to a quick recovery, whatever it is.

Maybe it's the skeptic in me, but I don't know if I am buying this "virus" thing.

I was going to start a similar thread.

I agree! Something is up. First of all most do not see a doctor and have tests done when they first come down with a virus, unless he has symptoms for a few days.

Sort of makes you wonder if he is having some type of vision problem.

yeah except that we're basically a .500 team without him in the lineup. That isn't terrible, and it's probably enough to get us into the POs...but it won't be much fun to watch, especially with our other $6mil man "lost in the forest" or the woods or wherever the hell he is...

This team cannot - and *will* not - survive without him being in the lineup, even at 80%. It's absolutely amazing how much he changes the dynamics of the game in both ends of the ice. But if his health really prevents him from being on the ice and contributing, they might just roll the dice and see what happens if they sit him. But I agree, I am not buying the virus thing either. It's either a recurrance of his vision issues or somehting else...

I'm not normally a conspiracy person; but, the lack of news on his condition does cause one to wonder.

Of course I'm in Alabama, so maybe you see news regularly there; but, I can find nothing on the web from any source about his condition.

The eye injury is the one that worries me most... I agree with MadDog that the Flyers are just not any where near as good without him. That is what I like about Pronger most--not his "stats" but, the intangible that he brings to the team. Flyers play better when Pronger is in the lineup--no doubt!

Hope he recovers soon--and I also agree that I'd rather wait until he's fully healed before he steps on the ice.

I really do hope it is an illness, but keeping injuries under wraps is big in professional sports.

I still think for the moment that he has a virus. I'm sure the Flyers would like to make up a fictional ailment for everyone on the IR but I don't think they are allowed to say he has a virus if he actually has a back problem. He didn't look right against Winnipeg though he didn't appear to be injured. He was making more mental mistakes than anything else, so it didn't surprise me when they announced he had a virus. It must have hit him pretty hard.