Ruff Enjoying the View From Upstairs

Guest Pegulaville26

Sabres management has thrown their support behind Ruff and Regier over and over again. However if the Sabres miss the playoffs, fans will demand someone pays. Lindy Ruff has stated numerous times that he one day wants to call the shots and be the GM of a team. Hmm interesting how things work out. Right now Ruff is not behind the bench due to his broken ribs. He stated after last game he enjoyed watching the game from the press box and could see a lot more of what is happening. James Patrick did an excellent job behind the bench in the Boston game and will kind of be getting an audition here for a few games. The idea of Regier paying for the poor season with his job and Ruff moving to GM is not unlikely to me. Ruff plays a very large role in all trades and signings, more than most coaches do. James Patrick would then move into the Head Coaching spot. I think if Sabres management has to pick between Ruff and Regier it's Ruff that stays in the organization.

I'm for giving the idea a try. What do you think?

I think anything that removes the mercuric Ruff from the Sabres bench is an improvement for them. I would venture to say that is entirely possible for the Sabres to make Regier the fall guy. Too many times I have seen Ruff get irritated with someone's play and bench them mid game. This destroys the chemistry across the board when you shuffle the lines like Ruff does.