Shooting For The Stars

Guest Canadian Sabres

When you see Sabres vs Stars, you think oh dear not this team, but tonight was the night the Sabres would not be denied.

Trailing 2-0 with 15 to go in 3rd Dvorak takes a penalty which sets the stage for Buffalo to come back as Pominville feeds Vanek and Vanek makes an unbelievable tip to cut it to 1.

A timeout by Buffalo with 43 seconds to go, faceoff win, blast puck squrits loose, and the Roy pounces on it to tie it with 38.3 seconds left completes the comeback as the Sabres would eventually win it in a shootout on a sweet nifty goal by Gerbe.

The Sabres now gaining some ground in the race for 8th now 9ts away 4pts behind the still 10th place Jets.

The Sabres will take on the lightning tomorrow at 7pm (5pm MTS) at the First Niagra Centre. Tomorrow is a day of huge matchups that will bring about significant changes in the standings.

2 Important ones of interest to watch are:

Montreal vs Toronto

Winnipeg vs Pittsburgh

and if your feeling it Florida vs New Jersey

I do expect the Sabres to win tomorrow if they dont want the Lightning to jump them in the standings, I do expect them to play like they played against Boston.

I dont have very much more to say except

GO SABRES GO!