How many times have you heard -shot blocked, by Girardi, Staal and Mcdonough

Guest RonJeremy

Enough is enough. The definition of the Comcast Spectator Flyers organzation is to put a team on the ice that is good enough to sell all of the tickets and fill all of the seats every home game WFC, oh, and sell tons of orange and black merchandise. How is that new merchandise store doing? It does not matter if after 36 years+ and counting this organization wins a Cup, as long as they get close!, as far as Comcast Spectator is concerned, this is stricty a business proposition. That is Holmgren's job description. Didn't you hear? Fill the seats Paul!! So Flyer fans don't get frustrated, invest emotionally and financially as much as you can take. Until it is excruciating. Ed is smiling over there in Bryn Mawr. Just make sure the Flyers win the fights and the fans cheer! Sparticus! Listen to your very own homers, Morgani, Jones, Coatsy, cheer you on, all the talking heads that fill the airwaves with such poignant, deep, meaningful, supportive commentary for their very own Flyers Faithful. Sell those club box seats! Hey folks, how about we get a goalie as advertised, some 1|2 defense that does not allow 3 power play goals, maybe even a power forward, the scoring as promised, and why does the Flyer system just dump and chase, add nauseum? How about some plays? Tic tac toe.. Tell you what, I hear your boos folks, but they means nothing. You paid you ticket. Ed is happy. Get Center Ice.

Some people on this forum argue that the Rangers system is why their defense is so good, it it true to a small degree. Our defense does take chances, more than theirs does, which leads to odd man breaks But when we are in their zone, they do not allow us near Lundquist and we get no second chances, and they block a ton of shots. Our defense , allows their guys to sneak off the post and bang in open net goals left and right, and our dmen dont block a fraction of the shots that theirs does. When do you ever see a Fyer wide open off the post for a an easy tap in? NEVER!!! The system has nothing to do with the fact that when we are in their zone we have to work like hell for one goal, and when they are in our zone they have guys wide open for tap ins. Its just poor coverage, and poor "defensive" skills. Bob was left out to dry on every goal tonight, the rangers D smothered us as usual. Its time to get some defensemen who can actuall play defense a,dnsome who can actuall put an accurate shot on net. We have 3 tiny guys Carle ,Gus and Timmo, none of which have any kind of point shot, and do not have PP skills. Im so sick of hearing how our dmen can skate, yeah they can, but they cant shoot or play defense. Mez is the only guy with a decent shot.

in general we have a big problem missing the dman guy standing right in front of us in the offensive zone, whether its a shot or a pass, especially evident on our PP. like @RonJeremy said, the rangers had great look after great look at the net and buried their tap-ins and chances. i'm not sure what tune we'd all be singing if Bryz had let in those same goals, but Bob didn't have much of a chance on those. i don't know who to blame for this one, so i'll just go status quo and blame bryz.

Since the Bruin's game,the energy level on the Flyer gone down each game. Minimal physical contact,no traffic in front of Lundquist,really lousy defense from the forwards,etc. Bobbo gave a great effort,Simmonds as usual,hardest working guy on the team. When the puck is in the Flyer's end,I'm always amazed at the number of Flyers standing around watching,waiting patiently while Callahan scored his third goal. This must be Lavi's idea of defense because it happens all the time.Today's stars were Bobbo and Simmonds,who else?

i don't know i missed the game but if you believe Kimmo he said only half the team came out with energy and if he's right .... we got problems. Since the Boston loss we've only played a handful of really good periods...in the Nash game and against the Leafs. I hope Kimmo is wrong about today b/c there's kind of no excuse for coming out flat and undisciplined against the Rangers.

i don't know i missed the game but if you believe Kimmo he said only half the team came out with energy and if he's right .... we got problems. Since the Boston loss we've only played a handful of really good periods...in the Nash game and against the Leafs. I hope Kimmo is wrong about today b/c there's kind of no excuse for coming out flat and undisciplined against the Rangers.

Blocked shots according to yahoo box score:

Flyers 12

Rangers 16

@RonJeremy

i heard it a lot this afternoon, our guys had moments where they looked keystone copish.

those guys have our number right now. no question, maybe a new d coach ?

I suggested this a while ago, but because I felt he couldn't take out mid-20s D to the next level of development. The system is failing because the forwards don't want to pay a price (fear of more injuries?), the players are trying to force what isn't there on PK (one goal Timonen was caught high, and rookie Read was blowing coverage at the net), and we have two rookie defenseman in the lineup. While I think Bourdon has been mostly solid, Gus is shaky. Against the Rags, I noticed one instance where Gus was so confused, he spun himself to the ice deep in the defensive zone, leaving a passing lane open for one of the Rangers' slam dunks.

I think if there was time for only one thing to work on, the Flyers need to work on positioning as a team. One very specific thing I want to see addressed ASAP is the backside defenseman sticking to within two feet of the far post (as it relates to which left-right side of the zone the puck is currently in). No more easy wraparound chances, no more wide open tip ins, and when he returns...NO more Crosby backside sniping wrist shots.