USA v CAN Women’s Hockey Beijing 2022

SaucyJack

Can we get the governing body of international women’s hockey to just declare Tuesday morning’s USA v CAN final preliminary round game a draw?  Without the ladies taking the ice?

With the men missing all NHLers, the inevitable women’s gold medal game between USA and Canada is clearly the one and only meaningful hockey game of the Olympics.

The drama would be higher if this was the one and only meeting on the ice.  To have to play a meaningless preliminary game just feels wrong.  Yeah neither squad will show their best as it won’t matter which finishes seeded 1 of 2.  

But to play Tuesday morning’s game feels much like a serious midweek scrimmage between the Rams and Bengals would feel.  Yuck, spoil the mystery and drama much?   

The problem here is the oddball women’s Olympic format with the top teams all in one prelim division.  Better to split the top teams across two round-robin divisions to avoid the early meeting of the top two.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Unfortunately we Europeans can't offer any competition yet.

Right; not even the higher group players Finland, Switzerland, or Russia.  The setup where all five group A teams make the quarterfinals would make some sense if seeds 3-5 were occasionally competitive with our two North American giants.

Until that becomes true, we’re better off to have the two giants in different groups.  What difference when Canada clobbers the Czech Republic or Japan instead of Finland and Switzerland in the preliminary rounds.

Well, we’re left with Ali sparring two full rounds with Frazier a week before The Big Fight.  

• Like 1

Who had the Czech Republic giving the USA gals a run for their quarterfinal money?!

Pic 1 is the opening goal for the Czechs; pic 2 the celebration of the 1-0 lead, and pic 3 showing them still tied well into the 3rd.  (Pics are in reverse order of what I just described, perhaps.)

Give it up, won’t you, for these Czech Republic girls fighting way over their weight (so to speak)

Well Slovak girls are hip

I really dig those styles they wear

And Norwegian girls with the way they talk, they knock me out when I’m up there

The Swiss Miss farmer’s daughters really make you feel alright

And the Swedish girls with the way they kiss, keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be Czech Republic (Girls)

wish they all could be Czech Republic

I wish they all could be Czech Republic girls…..

6DF37E2D-ADA0-4FB5-9980-5B951E47D9D6.jpeg

54CCF765-6C07-407A-9670-81A46CCDB992.jpeg

6FF6328B-5134-4841-B043-CC80575882F0.jpeg

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Haha 1