Jump to content

Next HC


Fizz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Who do you all think the next HC will be?

I think they need an established NHL coach not a rookie.

 

I would not be apposed to John Tortorelle to change the character and team culture of this team.

I pray it isn't Yeo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ruxpin

I would be vehemently opposed.   What did he do in Columbus other than to ignore strengths and shove square pegs into round holes?   It would be exactly more of Vingault.   "Sanheim, don't use your offensive abilities.   Do XYZ on defense.    Same goes for you, Ghost!"   etc. etc. etc.   I get defensive responsibility, but no one ultimately played well under Torts because he stripped the life out of them.    Like in Philly.   Never mind.  Come to think of it, Fonzi the Succubus would f

radoran

I've been over this, but the concept of his "failed" picks is overblown.   Fan expectations aren't the same as a GMs. Much like Fletcher hasn't been able to see the roster he created over the summer actually take the ice.   There are sixteen picks between Rubustov and deBrincat. The entire league passed on him at least once. Only 20/20 hindsight says otherwise. And it's only this year that Thompson has begun to emerge. There is no one else in that draft class any reasonable p

GrittyForever

Old time Flyer hockey wouldn't work, that's true, but hard nosed, physical checking hockey can still be pretty effective. Just look at Nashville and Calgary. Those soft speed oriented analytics based teams like Toronto often exit the playoffs in round 1. Ideally you want a blend of both. Ducks might be building that. In terms of the Flyers it would just be nice to have an identity and something to build around, whatever that is. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I would not be apposed to John Tortorelle

 

I would be vehemently opposed.   What did he do in Columbus other than to ignore strengths and shove square pegs into round holes?   It would be exactly more of Vingault.   "Sanheim, don't use your offensive abilities.   Do XYZ on defense.    Same goes for you, Ghost!"   etc. etc. etc.

 

I get defensive responsibility, but no one ultimately played well under Torts because he stripped the life out of them.    Like in Philly.   Never mind.  Come to think of it, Fonzi the Succubus would fit in perfectly with this dumpster fire of a dead-at-the-top (dis)organization.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

Who do you all think the next HC will be?

I think they need an established NHL coach not a rookie.

 

I would not be apposed to John Tortorelle to change the character and team culture of this team.

I pray it isn't Yeo.

 

 

15x06 audience episode 6 GIF on GIFER - by Shakalkis

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Fizz said:

Who do you all think the next HC will be?

 

Does it even matter? Until the Flyers get Couturier, Farabee and Hayes back on the ice, get rid of (at least) Yandle and Seeler and if Ellis is done find an upgrade to Braun for Provorov I don't think it matters at all. If Ellis is 100% for next year great.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

 

Does it even matter? Until the Flyers get Couturier, Farabee and Hayes back on the ice, get rid of (at least) Yandle and Seeler and if Ellis is done find an upgrade to Braun for Provorov I don't think it matters at all. If Ellis is 100% for next year great.

 

 

 

No you're right.

 

It doesn't matter. At least this year.

 

So get prepared to dismantle this team in the offseason.

 

:BrownBag:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

They literally already told you they think the team is close to competing and it's just injuries and coaching that are holding it back.

 

All the while, also saying that they need 2-3 more pieces and more top-end talent.

 

While having $13M in cap space for next season; needing to re-sign Giroux (oh, yes, indeed they will); Ristolainen (wait for it); tender Ivan Radcliff:smallTM:, Alison, and MacEwan; sign three more defencemen and a backup goalie.

 

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

All the while, also saying that they need 2-3 more pieces and more top-end talent.

 

While having $13M in cap space for next season; needing to re-sign Giroux (oh, yes, indeed they will); Ristolainen (wait for it); tender Ivan Radcliff:smallTM:, Alison, and MacEwan; sign three more defencemen and a backup goalie.

 

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

 

They have to either trade JVR even if they pick up 2-3 mill of his salary or buy him out.

 

Which if they choose the first option that should push them to 18 mill then they can sign Rosto to a 8 year 9 mill per season deal that should improve gate sales...

 

🤮

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I wonder if Tippett is part of the picture?  Widely respected, into defense and structure, and by all accounts, no-nonsense.  His playoff record isn't so hot, but he has not coached the enormously talented squads.  

I don't know...Edmonton kinda has some talented players. Unless you think McDavid, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nugent-Hopkins are no talent bums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I don't know...Edmonton kinda has some talented players. Unless you think McDavid, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nugent-Hopkins are no talent bums.

The skinny seems to be lousy goaltending and D. Maybe it was time to move on. I seem to recall that he did a great job in Arizona without a lot of talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I don't know...Edmonton kinda has some talented players. Unless you think McDavid, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nugent-Hopkins are no talent bums.

and who else? Seriously who? Nurse? Edmonton is all in on 2 star players who are 2 of the best in the league, but after that, the roster is pretty thin and even bad. If the big 2 have an off night or get shut down it's over, they lose. Nobody can coach that.

 

If they are looking at veteran coaches, Claude julien might get a look, but if I had to guess, I'd guess Tocchet. Not my choice, but it might be there's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Which if they choose the first option that should push them to 18 mill then they can sign Rosto to a 8 year 9 mill per season deal that should improve gate sales...

 

🤮

 

 They do that and this gate will definitely sail.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

and who else? Seriously who? Nurse? Edmonton is all in on 2 star players who are 2 of the best in the league, but after that, the roster is pretty thin and even bad. If the big 2 have an off night or get shut down it's over, they lose. Nobody can coach that.

 

If they are looking at veteran coaches, Claude julien might get a look, but if I had to guess, I'd guess Tocchet. Not my choice, but it might be there's.

Would trade their roster for ours any day of the week. To clarify I despise the Oilers but I don't think talent is their problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Would trade their roster for ours any day of the week. To clarify I despise the Oilers but I don't think talent is their problem.

If you took Draisaitl and McJesus out of that trade and offered me the rest of that team, I wouldn't take it.  RNH included.    Their defense is at least as terrible as ours and our 4th line is arguably as good as theirs or better.

 

But if they had better goaltending they'd at least be making the playoffs.

 

They need better goaltending and better defense.  The rest would likely take care of itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fizz said:

Would trade their roster for ours any day of the week. To clarify I despise the Oilers but I don't think talent is their problem.

It's a weak bottom half and a lack of character in that half. 

First, you go nowhere these days without good goaltending, and they don't have it. 

Second, you need defensive depth. Can't rely on one pairing and a bunch of puck movers, you need a solid core of defenders.

Third, you don't win with JUST a top line or two of high end talent. You need the muckers and the character guys to go with them. Tampa didn't win the cup because of Stamkos and Kucherov alone, they needed Gourde and Point and those 3rd and 4th line role players. Edmonton doesn't have that. Not even close.

 

over the years, despite lucking out for McDavid and getting it right on Draisaitl, they have drafted very poorly and it shows. Especially their D. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

It's a weak bottom half and a lack of character in that half. 

First, you go nowhere these days without good goaltending, and they don't have it. 

Second, you need defensive depth. Can't rely on one pairing and a bunch of puck movers, you need a solid core of defenders.

Third, you don't win with JUST a top line or two of high end talent. You need the muckers and the character guys to go with them. Tampa didn't win the cup because of Stamkos and Kucherov alone, they needed Gourde and Point and those 3rd and 4th line role players. Edmonton doesn't have that. Not even close.

 

over the years, despite lucking out for McDavid and getting it right on Draisaitl, they have drafted very poorly and it shows. Especially their D. 

Well here is the thing.

Their top for are head and shoulders above the Flyers top 4 so lines 1 and 2 goes to Edmonton.

Pretty sure their 3rd line is better than the Flyers 3rd. I will give you the Flyers 4th is better as I don't know. The Flyers defence is no raving hell being anchored by the likes of Ristolainen, Yandle and Provorov.

The flyers might have an edge in goaltending but it's hard to tell the way Hart is playing.

Don't get me wrong I would be happy if the Oilers never make the playoffs again, but all in all they have way more talent and are younger than the Flyers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fizz said:

Well here is the thing.

Their top for are head and shoulders above the Flyers top 4 so lines 1 and 2 goes to Edmonton.

Pretty sure their 3rd line is better than the Flyers 3rd. I will give you the Flyers 4th is better as I don't know. The Flyers defence is no raving hell being anchored by the likes of Ristolainen, Yandle and Provorov.

The flyers might have an edge in goaltending but it's hard to tell the way Hart is playing.

Don't get me wrong I would be happy if the Oilers never make the playoffs again, but all in all they have way more talent and are younger than the Flyers.

So your basic argument is the bottom of the barrel is better than the sludge stuck to the bottom below it? Fair enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...