Next HC

Fizz

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

he didn't draft any Kaprizov star

OK, but™️, he didn't actually sign Kaprizov either.

The draft is fine. The player didn't actually sign until two years after ol' Fletch was fired.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

See that is my point Ron get the excuse of drafting Farabee, Frost, Provorov, Sanheim, Hart and Konecny to name a few and gets lauded as some draft guru

I don't think Hextall was a "draft guru" but his rate of success - even before whether guys like Ivan Radcliff, Allison, Sandstrom, and O'Brien - is about as good, if not better than Fletch.

You've listed 15 guys drafted over 10 years for ol' Fletch. You've cited five guys over four years of Hextall and by your list, we can likely include players like NAK & Lindblom on Hextall's list.

Which Tronnoprojects out to 17 comparable players over a 10 year period. Not even including the four yet to be determined.

I don't praise Hextall unequivocally, and I've said that Fletcher hasn't been able to actually see the roster he envisioned on the ice.

But Ron Hextall isn't the "problem" with this franchise for the past ten years...

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't think Hextall was a "draft guru" but his rate of success - even before whether guys like Ivan Radcliff, Allison, Sandstrom, and O'Brien - is about as good, if not better than Fletch.

You've listed 15 guys drafted over 10 years for ol' Fletch. You've cited five guys over four years of Hextall and by your list, we can likely include players like NAK & Lindblom on Hextall's list.

Which Tronnoprojects out to 17 comparable players over a 10 year period. Not even including the four yet to be determined.

I don't praise Hextall unequivocally, and I've said that Fletcher hasn't been able to actually see the roster he envisioned on the ice.

But Ron Hextall isn't the "problem" with this franchise for the past ten years...

Alright you can win when folks keep moving the goal line I'm out you guys are right I'm wrong.

Carry on...

:whiteflag:

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So who has Ron drafted that is "great" he doesn't even have a Kaprizov to even tout?

Sure he has a bunch good players he has drafted but no one who is "great" yet.

See that is my point Ron get the excuse of drafting Farabee, Frost, Provorov, Sanheim, Hart and Konecny to name a few and gets lauded as some draft guru and I list all the good players Chuckles drafted and then all I get back is who is great other than Kaprizov.

So it is a double standard from where I am sitting and Chuck has struggled with free agency I agree but he has done good so far I think with the draft but yet gets no love for it.

So all I'd like to be fair is all but I get it you're all jaded and maybe rightfully so but man this is more on Homer and not his yes man.

But I give Chuck credit for his drafts so far and even really hard to do that because well most of his kids are in the AHL or lower.

Time will tell on the pick soon. But give him some credit...

...and yeah you don't have to reply because I know you never will.

I responded to SCF who said Fletchers draft picks were playing great in Minnesota. Which, other than Kaprizov, are hardly great. That's all I said. I didn't say Hextalls picks were playing great, and I've said on here many many MANY times that there's something wrong with the way these guys are being developed in Philly. Examples A and B are how Provorov and Konecny were well on their way to being great, and a few years later are plain mediocre.

WTF is with the "and yeah you don't have to reply because I know you never will.?" I've got 24,000 posts on here....ONE of them has to be a reply to you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Alright you can win when folks keep moving the goal line I'm out you guys are right I'm wrong.

Carry on...

:whiteflag:

What on Earth are you on about?

You cited 15 guys over the ten years that Fletch was in Minny. "One superstar" that he didn't even sign in three years and didn't sign with the team for five...

You cited six Hextall drafted in four years. I added players that you actually like.

My only point is that that's a pretty comparable record, even not hitting on a wild card 5th rounder.

28 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Have we completely moved on from the head coach issue?

Asking for a friend 

Yes.   8 years after the flyers moved on from the issue of having a head coach.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Have we completely moved on from the head coach issue?

Asking for a friend 

They should hire an experienced head coach with a solid track record of success and then fire him because Claude Giroux had the fourth most points of anyone over the past 10 years.

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2022 at 10:14 AM, OccamsRazor said:

So bad to where they are going to need some major therapy once rhey leave this club.

It won't end till they cut the head of the snake off...

unfortunately this organization is more like a hydra of nepotism. 

See the source image

Edited by Cheesesteak
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, radoran said:

You've listed 15 guys drafted over 10 years for ol' Fletch. You've cited five guys over four years of Hextall and by your list

For the record i misunderstood what you were saying i was thinking you were making an excuse that Chuck had a longer time at GM than Ron to hit on his picks.

So i was thinking damn i can't help that Ron only had a short period of time as GM. But i was pointing out that Chuck did make some good picks in his time as GM.

We all will never know who really gets credit for all the moves even with Ron involved none of were in the room when the draft went down and what advice they took.

We do know all the damage control stuff Clarke spit out to cover their asses about Nolan and we'll never know who truly is to blame for it but i think they all share some.

Chuck is better at the draft i think than free agency but once again we aren't privy to know is he just taking his scouts advice or is he being forced by Homer to conduct business like he has been doing as just a puppet.

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

WTF is with the "and yeah you don't have to reply because I know you never will.?" I've got 24,000 posts on here....ONE of them has to be a reply to you.

I was referring to you admitting that Chuck did make some good moves, just to show with you pointing out all his missteps (rightfully so) for you to acknowledge some good there the old saying some sugar will help the medicine go down. Not that you will never reply and just run away.

I was at work yesterday and replying on my phone should have waited till i could express myself with more time.

No worries no harm meant and well i won't hijack this thread any further talking about the GM and front office when this was about a head coach...i am bowing out of the talk about Chuck and Ron and do agree i want Chuckles gone too and i don't trust him to fix this mess but i am afraid due to Homer being where he is they will keep him around and want do what needs to be done...

...so back to who will be a good head coach....i really don't know anymore....i don't...just wish.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Blow it up!!!
  • Like 2