Couturier Done for Year - Back Surgery

SCFlyguy

7 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I'm a lot more comfortable with his contract than Hayes or JVRs or Ellis'. At least Couturier earned his money on the Flyers. 

• Like 2

Well....if his back has been a nagging issue all season, it WOULD explain his low bar, lackluster play.

I've always felt Coots was the PERFECT 2C behind a top line center, as his skillset lends itself to very good two way play.
He showed NONE of that this season, and it was hard to believe he suddenly "forgot" how to play hockey.

Whether he comes back a shell of himself or better than ever, will remain to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Damn there goes their chance at the 9th seed.

All is lost they probably want till training camp next year for Hayes and Ellis to have surgery.

What a clown show. No disrespect to clowns.

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Aside from this being a snide and kind of a douchey remark, it is also scary, he could be damaged for the rest of his life.

Back surgeries are often life-changing for the better for average Joes, anecdotally, I have 3 friends who've had back surgeries, we all played sports as young men and bill is now coming due in our mid-lives, my buddies were suffering prior to their disc procedures and now they're back to leading active lives. 

They aren't professional athletes though.

It would be a shame if his career is diminished because of whatever is wrong, even more so if the rest of his life is diminished. 

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn there goes their chance at the 9th seed.

All is lost they probably want till training camp next year for Hayes and Ellis to have surgery.

What a clown show. No disrespect to clowns.

:BrownBag:

I’m wondering ,when he comes back nest year how soon will it be before he needs another surgery.

I posted the game thread for tomorrow and put out the Q about psychological impact. This is a frail squad.  Some of the youngins may see this as reinforcement for audition--grab the ring and move.  I suspect others on this squad will simply pack it in, not that they haven't done so already.  

I agree with TFG--I think he really should be a Number 2 in term of play.  That may be even more of the case now in terms of wear and tear.  I don't need to add any more about Hayes or Ellis.  That said, I wonder if we one of them goes on LTIR?  

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I posted the game thread for tomorrow and put out the Q about psychological impact. This is a frail squad.  Some of the youngins may see this as reinforcement for audition--grab the ring and move.  I suspect others on this squad will simply pack it in, not that they haven't done so already.  

I agree with TFG--I think he really should be a Number 2 in term of play.  That may be even more of the case now in terms of wear and tear.  I don't need to add any more about Hayes or Ellis.  That said, I wonder if we one of them goes on LTIR?  

In one of our threads many months ago, I said this team is mentally weak and psychologically defeated . There’s very few strong willed players with the killer instinct and desire to win. Talent wise we are not a great team but slow starts, perennial ten game losing streaks and two ten game streaks in a half a season points more to a total lack of confidence and drive. It’s like trying to motivate a bunch of pot heads who are just too mellow and lax in their approach to things.

• Like 1