Game 47: Flyers at Red Wings: 2/12/22 @ 12 PM; NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Detroit is favored (-165):

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/philadelphia-flyers-at-detroit-red-wings-21222-nhl-picks-and-predictions

I wonder if Coots being shut down will inspire or discourage this squad?  It makes the rest of this season even more of an audition for next year.  

And more good news....Risto is out with an undisclosed injury:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/flyers-rasmus-ristolainen-wont-play-saturday-462765/

I haven't seen anything on starting goalies but wonder if Jones gets a start to keep him in game shape and distribute the high quality chances.  

Edited by Howie58

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hopefully that means York is back in the lineup. Not sure what’s up with the Phantoms schedule but the Flyers could use him tomorrow.

Sorry to disappoint you but it looks like Seeler and Connaughton are in. Hart starts because they're few games this month. This is from Maher and Flyer Fan Mania. I don't make this s!@t up. If I get it right, CF wants the kids to get playing time. I'd prefer they get it on the show but I ain't CF. 

Edited by Howie58

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Great. Yandle/Seeler again. 

Yep.

The best way of looking at it is hopefully they get a nice draft pick out of this lost season.

Also they get out without any more big injuries and most importantly they haven't done serious damage to the mental status of the young prospects having to live and play through this abysmal season.

:BrownBag:

14 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hopefully that means York is back in the lineup. Not sure what’s up with the Phantoms schedule but the Flyers could use him tomorrow.

York was injured on the Phantoms (of course). Not sure if he's healthy.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

most importantly they haven't done serious damage to the mental status of the young prospects having to live and play through this abysmal season.

Well these guys are pros they know sometimes they'll be playing for bad teams, bad coaches, weak line mates etc.

The one guy I do worry about is Hart. He knows better than anyone how good his numbers would be with even decent team D in front of him. ...multiple odd-man rushes every single F$%@ game... Flyers "defenders" leave shooters wide open all the time... it's like a goalie's worst nightmare.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The one guy I do worry about is Hart.

Just trade him to the Oilers for Draisaitil before they ruin him and and get nothing for him anyways....at least the Flyers could get a #1 center and the Oilers could get their goalie.

Flyers could just go with Sandstrom and Jones to finish the year or trade Jones to if someone wants him and go with Sandstrom and Ustimenko and Ersson can take the reins in LV.

Go with Draisaitil, Coots, Hayes and Frost at center next season....

....yeah yeah I know slow day at work here.

Ok. I missed that it was a noon game.

However they give up the 1st goal as usual by the end of the first.

And you know Ironman was on the ice for that goal.

Time to sit this guy so he can start a new streak.

And maybe if you did go ahead and sit just maybe some team would trade for him as a vet type 7th or 8th for a playoff run IF they knew once they traded for him they wouldn't be forced to play him so they would be the one who broke his streak...

...yeah pipe dream.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just trade him to the Oilers for Draisaitil before they ruin him and and get nothing for him anyways....at least the Flyers could get a #1 center and the Oilers could get their goalie.

Flyers could just go with Sandstrom and Jones to finish the year or trade Jones to if someone wants him and go with Sandstrom and Ustimenko and Ersson can take the reins in LV.

Go with Draisaitil, Coots, Hayes and Frost at center next season....

....yeah yeah I know slow day at work here.

There is lots of truth to what you say. 

I don't know the exact numbers but reckon we are about 3-20 when scored on first. At this stage, you can call it a game by 10 minutes in. I may stop watching after 1st if they're behind. It's like Groundhog Day. Sad.

Edited by Howie58
  • Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We need luck to score, per Laughton. More effort than last game but not enough skill. 

Yes indeed + a few mistakes that end up in the net. Blown coverage, turnovers, mile-wide N zone gaps - the Flyers' own odd-man rushes where 9/10 times they don't even get a shot off...

This team is a real mess. I think I said "WTF?" about 40 times today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

This team's a disaster. 

I'm feeling really foolish these days for the high expectations I had this year. 

I didn't have high expectations. I expected different and maybe better than last year.

And, well...

2 hours ago, radoran said:

It may not be popular but a team flat out quitting three times in four years isn't NOT a reflection of the leadership on it.

And that includes the guy who this isn't all his fault.

#legendary

Not wrong, but here's the thing. If you move on from Giroux, who is the new "leader" on the roster that'll change things? I don't think we have that guy at this point. 

34 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Not wrong, but here's the thing. If you move on from Giroux, who is the new "leader" on the roster that'll change things? I don't think we have that guy at this point. 

So, they might go another ten years with one playoff round win?

They might quit year after year and kill coach after coach?

They might win absolutely nothing?

I just might take that chance.

Giroux has led them to nothing but mediocrity and futility.

#legendary

Edited by radoran
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, radoran said:

So, they might go another ten years with one playoff round win?

They might quit year after year and kill coach after coach?

They might win absolutely nothing?

I just might take that chance.

Giroux has led them to nothing but mediocrity and futility.

#legendary

SEVEN coaches since Dec '09 🤬

• Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 2