Do the Flyers make the playoffs?

Guest trevluk

At age 54 I still think...not as well as I used to, but thoughts flow...but more like low-grade maple syrup than synthetic blend motor oil. Take care and thanks for helping to keep the board civil and productive.

Howie

I join the club in a few month Howie!

This topic is about the Flyers, not the Capitals.

The Flyers are still 3rd in points, tied with Pitt, in the East. They will almost certainly make the playoffs.

Maybe we should rethink this. Doom is now officially in overdrive. Take it to the bank.

If the the Flyers continue this play, they just need to play better than 500 hockey to over take us.

true, if the flyers play the next month and a half as they have the last. 'course, by that logic, the bruins might not make the playoffs, either. both teams have collected all of 23 points since january 1, both are having issues right now. (then again, washington has only managed 21 points over that span, but whatever)

i'm curious, do you think the bruins are in danger of missing the playoffs?

true, if the flyers play the next month and a half as they have the last. 'course, by that logic, the bruins might not make the playoffs, either. both teams have collected all of 23 points since january 1, both are having issues right now. (then again, washington has only managed 21 points over that span, but whatever)

i'm curious, do you think the bruins are in danger of missing the playoffs?

I see your point. I guess I am just extremely discouraged right now. This team just seems to have lost all its mojo and once you lose it, it is pretty tough to get back. Any confidence they develop is bound to be very fragile, and rightfully so as they know they can never rely on their goalie to win a game for them.

This team just seems to have lost all its mojo and once you lose it, it is pretty tough to get back.

well, i'd suggest the impression comes from last year's team, who lost it and, as you say, didn't get it back. teams have slumps all the time, though. and it isn't like they've lost 8 in a row. for a little tiny touch of encouragement, look at boston and realize they have seen essentially the same results recently as philly. i don't think anyone think boston is permanently broken; they'll pull it back together before all is said and done. and if they can, so can the flyers.

But of course Boston has (at the very least) a reasonable expectation that TT and Rask will "find their mojo" again, and their TEAM D will start playing like a TEAM again...etc. before the POs roll around.

It's hard to say that about the Flyers because with few (and far-between) exceptions their goalies and their TEAM D hasn't had it this year.