Game 48: Flyers at Penguins; 2/15/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

I have not seen odds but assume they are prohibitively Penguins.  While the Pens are on a four-game home losing streak, performance over the last 10 games shows teams at opposite ends of the performance spectrum:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401406947

The save percentage is telling.  I don't think our goalie tandem is that much worse than Pittsburgh, but when you allow a large number of dangerous chances, sub-.900 is expected.  On that score, we are the same as last year.  

I will be at work; that might spare some pain.  

Edited by Howie58

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

That reminds me....I have to gut some fish.

Our last game with them was a 6-2 loss.  Past is prologue. If they don't score first, they are almost sure to lose.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Our last game with them was a 6-2 loss.  Past is prologue. If they don't score first, they are almost sure to lose.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Let’s keep the losing streak going, right now we pick 4th with a chance to move up in the lottery, no sense in having any pride now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

as long as we don't pick 2nd  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

This is a crucial time for the Flyers, we can take a big leap forward by continuing to lose, get a top 5 pick and actually picking the right player and also getting a high caliber young player in a trade for Giroux. I would rather get some good prospects for G than some late pick. If we can land a good young right handed NHL defenseman in a trade for G , then we can unload Risto and get a pick or prospect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am sure Sid can't think of a more deserving team to score his 500th goal against....

#slaughterofthelambs

:BrownBag:

117 pts in 78 games vs the Flyers - ridiculous.

Giroux has 63 in 60 vs the Pens - not too shabby

but yes Crosby is sitting at 499 goals...might as well get his 500th against his fav team to score on.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

117 pts in 78 games vs the Flyers - ridiculous.

Giroux has 63 in 60 vs the Pens - not too shabby

but yes Crosby is sitting at 499 goals...might as well get his 500th against his fav team to score on.

Maybe one day Flyer players will realize taking cheapshots at generational players early on in their careers will not end well for the Flyers.

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Nothing more annoying than losing to the Pens. 

4th pick is just about the perfect spot to have a good chance to screw it up. (like the enigma of Brad Lambert)

There is something more annoying! LOSING TO THE FLYERS!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Philadelphia Flyers Head Coaching Manual

Chapter 3.2.1

If we score a goal you must immediately put out the 4th line to kill any momentum thus allowing the opponent to score within one minute.

That was Bunaman just letting Simon go right by him, get great position inside...and credit the Pens whoever made that pass it was a helluva good pass>deflection.

Flyers don't score goals like that anymore...

• Like 1