Minnesota Wild vs Winnipeg Jets, Wednesday 2-16-22, 6:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/2022/02/16/game-preview-minnesota-wild-vs-winnipeg-jets-2-16-22-600pm-cst-at-canada-life-centre/

Minnesota Wild (30-11-3)  63pts  2nd in the Central

3.80 Goals For Per Game (3rd in the NHL)
2.84 Goals Against Per Game (15th in the NHL)
20.6% Power Play (15th in the NHL)
80.1% Penalty Kill (16th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:
1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 22G 35A = 57pts
2. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 14G 32A = 46pts
3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 14G 23A = 37pts
4. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 19G 15A = 34pts
5. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 17G 10A = 27pts

Top 3 PIM's:
1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 87 PIM's
2. #21 Brandon Duhaime ~ 63 PIM's
3. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 48 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:
1. #33 Cam Talbot (19-8-1)  2.78GAA  .915SV%  1SO
2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (11-3-2)  2.53GAA  .921SV%

Vs.

Winnipeg Jets (20-18-8)  48pts  6th in the Central
2.83 Goals For Per Game (22nd in the NHL)
2.89 Goals Against Per Game (17th in the NHL)
21.4% Power Play (12th in the NHL)
75.0% Penalty Kill (26th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:
1. #81 Kyle Connor ~ 26 24A = 50pts
2. #55 Mark Scheifele ~ 14G 22A = 36pts
3. #80 Pierre-Luc Dubois ~ 20G 15A = 35pts
4. #9 Andrew Copp ~ 12G 16A = 28pts
5. #26 Blake Wheeler ~ 4G 22A = 26pts

Top 3 PIM's:
1. #80 Pierre-Luc Dubois ~ 52 PIM's
2. #5 Brendan Dillon ~ 44 PIM's
3. #17 Adam Lowry ~ 40 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:
1. #37 Connor Hellebuyck (16-16-7)  2.81GAA  .913SV%  3SO
2. #1 Eric Comrie (4-2-1)  2.34GAA   .920SV%

Head's up on the early start time for a home game. What's stupid about it, is that the early start time does not mean it's a national broadcast. No ESPN, ESPN+, or TNT. Nope, it's Bally's, which means a livestream for many of us. 

• Like 1

Thanks MNSOTA for the preview, and especially the St.Urho's day part. That is such a crazy tradition! I didn't have a clue there is one like that.

I feel this game against the Jets is the most important game yet this season. Guerin needs to know if the team can succeed when the game is played with playoffs rules. If it looks good but the top lines are too soft we might need a JT Miller kind of player added. And if they don't succeed at all when playing in a big boy hockey environment, Guerin just needs to wait and keep developing the team patiently. This game might be a rough one.

I think the Wild might be annoyed enough to just roll over them. At least they should be. Wild win 5 - 2.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Thanks MNSOTA for the preview, and especially the St.Urho's day part. That is such a crazy tradition! I didn't have a clue there is one like that.

I feel this game against the Jets is the most important game yet this season. Guerin needs to know if the team can succeed when the game is played with playoffs rules. If it looks good but the top lines are too soft we might need a JT Miller kind of player added. And if they don't succeed at all when playing in a big boy hockey environment, Guerin just needs to wait and keep developing the team patiently. This game might be a rough one.

I think the Wild might be annoyed enough to just roll over them. At least they should be. Wild win 5 - 2.

Well it is a made up holiday for a made up Finnish saint. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

With the delay, it reminds me of when we moved to Wisconsin, and we had to listen to games via dial up. Anytime something exciting was happening on the ice, the internet would buffer. 

so whenever we scored would you get a You've got a goal LOL.

Edited by bbgarnett

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

With the delay, it reminds me of when we moved to Wisconsin, and we had to listen to games via dial up. Anytime something exciting was happening on the ice, the internet would buffer. 

Heh, I get delays with NHL66 sometimes and can be way behind.
Have to avoid this page otherwise spoilers. :P
And now it switched feed to SN ? and the home broadcast.

Foligno: "so if kirill or Zuggie gets hit, you need to punch them in the face".  This is WHY I love Lou as an A or C.  He gets it.....You cannot let that gutter hockey cost you your best players and games, which is why 'Cement Head' and Mc'You'll be Sore'ly were there to protect #99 on the Oilers for years.

• Like 2

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Foligno: "so if kirill or Zuggie gets hit, you need to punch them in the face".  This is WHY I love Lou as an A or C.  He gets it.....You cannot let that gutter hockey cost you your best players and games, which is why 'Cement Head' and Mc'You'll be Sore'ly were there to protect #99 on the Oilers for years.

Add Boldy to that list.

• Like 1