Minnesota Wild vs Winnipeg Jets, Wednesday 2-16-22, 6:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Jordie Benn COMPLETELY ignores where Mark Scheifele was....not that Talbot has looked particularly great tonight.

And now Talbot gets beat again on a shot that, THIS TIME, looked like he could do nothing about on that fast deflection.

Still though, this is showcasing reason #573 why Kahkonen should be getting the lion's share of the starts, and Talbot should be the support guy.
If my team is gonna take their lumps and learn tough lessons, I want the longer term viable guy in there learning as he goes, so when it comes crunch time in the post season, he's seen it all before and isn't shell shocked in any way.

Talbot needs to be worked out for Cap reasons next year.  I would give him every 3rd game from this point forward.  We have our G of the future on the cheap(er) with Jesper or Kahk.  Time to turn the page (and trade him)

• Like 2

This was a major disappointment ☹

Minnesota nice. Being reserved, mild-mannered and passive-aggressive. An aversion to open confrontation, a tendency toward understatement, a disinclination to make a direct fuss or stand out, emotional restraint, and self-deprecation.

This team will never get anywhere if this Minnesota nice behaviour doesn't stop. The playoffs are NOT about being able to cope with the other team's aggression. It's about being MORE aggressive. It's about trying to dominate the other team through your physical and mental strengths and winning the fights that follow.

This game was lost at the moment Dillon boarded Boldy. No penalty was called. No fights or boardings by the Wild followed. Nothing was done to try to subdue the Jets or influence the refs. The domination game was lost there, and surprise surprise the whole team played the game neutered. You can't have a team playing the domination part of hockey in a lame passive aggressive way, and expect them to play the defense/offense/speed parts of hockey with vigour.

It's fight or flight. There is no in-between.

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Still though, this is showcasing reason #573 why Kahkonen should be getting the lion's share of the starts, and Talbot should be the support guy.
If my team is gonna take their lumps and learn tough lessons, I want the longer term viable guy in there learning as he goes, so when it comes crunch time in the post season, he's seen it all before and isn't shell shocked in any way.

What I've been preaching for, what, 2 months now...