Blues are contenders again. For sure and have depth at goaltending

Buffalo Rick

I wish the Sabres could make a deal and get one of the Blues goalies. They owe us. Yes they are my 2nd favorite team.  For sure. I wish the Sabres woudl make a play for one of their goalies. The Blues can win the West.  No doubt about it. They are on the short list of contenders. 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:57 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I wish the Sabres could make a deal and get one of the Blues goalies. They owe us. Yes they are my 2nd favorite team.  For sure. I wish the Sabres woudl make a play for one of their goalies. The Blues can win the West.  No doubt about it. They are on the short list of contenders. 

Flyers can let you have Martin Jones real cheap say a 3rd rounder!

On 2/17/2022 at 4:57 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Binnington sucks. Seriously.

Husso is good, but remains to be seen if he can do it with a larger portion of the starts.

You're better off with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  He'll be good--and better than either of them; you just have to wait for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Binnington sucks. Seriously.

Husso is good, but remains to be seen if he can do it with a larger portion of the starts.

You're better off with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  He'll be good--and better than either of them; you just have to wait for him.

He actually played well. Then got hurt and sent back to AHL?  No clue why.  Binnington may not be playing well now but he was the best when the Blues won the cup.  Maybe they taught him how to take nights off like the game in Montreal.  Even the Sabres beat them.  

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He actually played well. Then got hurt and sent back to AHL?  No clue why.  Binnington may not be playing well now but he was the best when the Blues won the cup.  Maybe they taught him how to take nights off like the game in Montreal.  Even the Sabres beat them.  

It could be a temporary thing, and Binnington rebounds.  It just has the feel of a slow-burn version of Andrew Hammond.  I just wonder if teams have figured him out.

Yeah, Ukka-Pekka was only used because of necessity, but he acquitted himself well until he was injured.  I think they want him to bake a little longer. Anderson was the intent for this year, so when healthy he was going to okay.  Between Luukkonen and Toharski, Ukka-Pekka might be the only one who's waiver-exempt, so it's him that goes down.

That all changes next year, I would think.

The future looks REALLY good in Sabre-land.  Enjoy it. God knows you waited a long time for it.

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Luukkonen looks good to me as well. It's going to be interesting to see what the Blues do with Husso. Husso's outplayed Binnington this season, but Binnington was a big reason for the cup. A tough choice between them.

Yeah, completely agree on Binnington regarding the cup.  But he's played poorly this year and wasn't all that great last year (not "bad," just not a lot better than average).

So, was the cup run a case of him playing over his head and just a Nick Foles "stars aligned" thing?  Or is he just having a bad year?

With Husso playing so well, that's something the Blues are going to have to hope they guess right on Similar question regarding Husso.

I suppose they could continue next year with the tandem.  Otherwise, it's possibly an interesting offseason there.

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

It could be a temporary thing, and Binnington rebounds.  It just has the feel of a slow-burn version of Andrew Hammond.  I just wonder if teams have figured him out.

Yeah, Ukka-Pekka was only used because of necessity, but he acquitted himself well until he was injured.  I think they want him to bake a little longer. Anderson was the intent for this year, so when healthy he was going to okay.  Between Luukkonen and Toharski, Ukka-Pekka might be the only one who's waiver-exempt, so it's him that goes down.

That all changes next year, I would think.

The future looks REALLY good in Sabre-land.  Enjoy it. God knows you waited a long time for it.

I doubt I ever get over 06.  Presidents Cup winning team.  Go to the third period with a 3-2 lead vs Carolina knowing the winner would take the Cup over the 8 seed Edmonton team that were blessed to be there.  We had 4 starters out on D.  Tallinder was the killer. So Luukenen might be the answer?  Not sure. I know the Kings and Blues have guys that would rather be starting than being a backup on the bench.  What happened to Price in Montreal?  Any clue?  Did they mercifully just bench him for the season?  What a train wreck in Montreal.  The likes I have never seen. 

26 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I doubt I ever get over 06.  Presidents Cup winning team.  Go to the third period with a 3-2 lead vs Carolina knowing the winner would take the Cup over the 8 seed Edmonton team that were blessed to be there.  We had 4 starters out on D.  Tallinder was the killer. So Luukenen might be the answer?  Not sure. I know the Kings and Blues have guys that would rather be starting than being a backup on the bench.  What happened to Price in Montreal?  Any clue?  Did they mercifully just bench him for the season?  What a train wreck in Montreal.  The likes I have never seen. 

Yeah, I really like Luukkonen, and he's coming in at a really good time where your roster is starting to come together. Get Mittelstadt healthy next year and another year of experience for Cozens and Krebs (I really like both) and add a really good defenseman and you've got pretty good times coming.

Price first had a knee issue and then what I think was a substance issue (or maybe a mental health issue not involving substance).  The issue also set back his recovery from his knee.  

It may be safe to say that the success last year was all Price plus smoke and mirrors.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

:blink[1]:

As a Flyer fan, responding to a Sabres fan...I call bs.

The arguably true part is "...*I* have never seen."

Think about that for about 20 seconds, and suddenly the statement is quite plausible.

"If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you."

--Leo Tolstoy

mice GIF

On 2/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I really like Luukkonen, and he's coming in at a really good time where your roster is starting to come together. Get Mittelstadt healthy next year and another year of experience for Cozens and Krebs (I really like both) and add a really good defenseman and you've got pretty good times coming.

Price first had a knee issue and then what I think was a substance issue (or maybe a mental health issue not involving substance).  The issue also set back his recovery from his knee.  

It may be safe to say that the success last year was all Price plus smoke and mirrors.

The Sabres are not likely to get the attention the Bills will get.  I like our chances now in the NFL. I hope your right about Luukenen.  I expect a big shakeup in Philly

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I don’t understand?  Montreal is having a worse season than Sabres and Flyers if you can imagine that

He's saying if you're a Sabres or a Flyers fan, you HAVE seen worse than what Montreal is this year.

Youre Welcome GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1