What the next coach must do to motivate this team

RonJeremy

The next coach needs to figure out how a career minor leaguer like Mayhew can score two goals against Washington and why veterans making millions like JVR and TK are held scoreless . Ratcliffe, Mayhew and guys of that caliber are putting in a strong effort and playing better than most of the team. It’s time to dump the mentally weak players . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

The next coach needs to figure out how a career minor leaguer like Mayhew can score two goals against Washington and why veterans making millions like JVR and TK are held scoreless . Ratcliffe, Mayhew and guys of that caliber are putting in a strong effort and playing better than most of the team. It’s time to dump the mentally weak players . 

Mayhew's not been a longtime part of the organizational culture that tells players that mediocrity is something to be rewarded and celebrated.

Getting shipped out in the Giroux trade would probably be the best thing for Ivan Radcliff's career.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Mayhew's not been a longtime part of the organizational culture that tells players that mediocrity is something to be rewarded and celebrated.

Getting shipped out in the Giroux trade would probably be the best thing for Ivan Radcliff's career.

I’m sure we will also trade TK and he will be a consistent 30 goal scorer on his new team. I’m no Fred Shero but if I’m building a line ,I think you would want a playmaker, a finisher and a big guy to work the corners and camp out in front of the net . To me that’s a well balanced line. I think for a number of years we just had a bunch of pieces that just don’t fit together. There is very little chemistry on our lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

TK are held scoreless

TK had an apple on Sanheim's goal and played well.

He had a bunch of looks from when I started to watch (later half of the 2nd)

TK is not a or the problem. 

But the rest of your post makes good sense. the pieces haven't been right for a while.

I think the next coach will have a lot of new ones (pieces) to motivate.

Just now, mojo1917 said:

But the rest of your post makes good sense. the pieces haven't been right for a while.

I think the next coach will have a lot of new ones (pieces) to motivate.

I know TK played well, but at this point he should be a lot better and more consistent, let’s hope the new coach can help him hit his potential if we don’t end up trading him.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Yeah kid has earned a spot on my team he has stood out in a good way I would keep him around.

It's not motivation. It's talent, and team chemistry. It isn't there. The next coach won't do any better than this one, until the talent and right team chemistry are there. Rinse, repeat #TheFailedFlyersCulture

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, mojo1917 said:

Except he's been snakebit for like 2 fkng years. As John Wayne put it "it's gettin to be ri-goddamn-diculous."

But I agree with you TK is not "the" problem. He must start scoring goals again next year though.

11 in 50 games last year

8 in 47 this year

shooting % is 6.4 - hard to hit 20 at that rate never mind 30, which he is certainly capable of on a good team.

Frankly I'm not worried about TK. He'll find his touch again once the roster changes. I'm more worried that stupid Fletcher will trade him.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, FD19372 said:

It's not motivation. It's talent, and team chemistry. It isn't there. The next coach won't do any better than this one, until the talent and right team chemistry are there. Rinse, repeat #TheFailedFlyersCulture

I definitely agree with the lack of chemistry and we need an upgrade in talent, but we also have a few talented guys that need the proper motivation/ coach to become more consistent. Guys like TK, Sanheim and Provorov. JVR is just Private Pyle on skates.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:16 AM, GrittyForever said:

Management has to rectify things first. Coaches can't motivate players with long term contracts and no move clauses. Those guys only play on their own terms when and if they want to.

There you go again hating on Giroux... :thumbsu:

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 9:43 AM, FD19372 said:

I agree on this. It doesn't matter who the coach is, or what he brings to the Flyers. This roster is made of up the wrong people, with the wrong work ethic. Until there is a major overhaul, and the culture and mindset are changed, the team will remain abysmal