Predict the future, what we will be saying April 14th 2012

Guest BobDailey

Hmmm

either they will have sneaked out a first round win (if they go to a lower standing and meet the Panthers) and be depleted with injuries with no chance of getting past the second round or they will have lost the first round after losing home ice to the Pens who fall into 4 th or an even worse matchup against Boston or NYR in the first

Here are the quotes I predict

We need better goaltending and end to the goalie roulette

We need a #1 stud dman

Please feel free to predict quotes and we can revisit this after the first round

paul holmgren, 6-30-2012:

"We are pleased to have Jason under contract for the next two seasons. Jason was recalled to our team in February and played extremely well for us in the regular season and the playoffs. Jason is an athletic goalie who we feel is just coming into his own as an NHL goaltender and we look forward to Jason building on the level of play he established this past season."

paul holmgren, 6-30-2012:

"We are pleased to have Jason under contract for the next two seasons. Jason was recalled to our team in February and played extremely well for us in the regular season and the playoffs. Jason is an athletic goalie who we feel is just coming into his own as an NHL goaltender and we look forward to Jason building on the level of play he established this past season."

Oh god! funny stuff...

so I presume this is after we've used Bryz, then Bob, then Bryz and Bob and Jason in successive starts in the POs...damn that reminds me of something...3 different goalies starting successive games in the POs...hmmm...well I can't recall where I saw that happen before but it'll come to me eventually.

Paul Holmgren: " I'm very happy with the work ethic of our team and have no concerns with it's direction under Peter Laviolette. Lavi has been a coach that we have coveted a long time and we firmly believe he's the right man to helm this team and set forth a style of play that we have all come to know as 'Flyer hockey."

SoCalFlyfan : F*#k Homer, he has no clue and Lavi has no system whatsoever. We're screwed.

Some of us will be saying:

You guys ***** a lot for a team that was essentially 75% new and had ZERO expectations going into the season.

(Fast forward to summer): Even with winning the cup, someone on here will gripe about Carle, Briere, Bryz (I'm guilty there), Bob, Hartnell's perpetual inner ear infection, Lavy's proven cup-winning system, Coburn's Charmin-soft play, etc etc

God forbid anyone tries to enjoy the season, and accepts ups and downs. Seriously, it isn't Columbus.

• Like 1

I think that much of the frustration (at least it it on my part) right is stemming from the fact that the stinking Rags are owning us and are the surprise success story of the year. Plus Bryz is a big flop so far....

We started out really well unexpectedly and now are playing more like the team we expected. The Rags are now Bona Fide Stanley Cup contenders while are having to deal with the reality of a young growing team which can't seem to beat good teams down the stretch. Having to watch the DISGUSTING Pens, Bruins, and Devils win the SC thelast few years has been super tough to take. Now if the Rags win it will be another punch in the gut.

Hence the sarcasm in this thread.

If the franchise would stop all the glitzy marketing and overhype and call the season what it is, its easier to take growing pains for

what they are-----REBUILDING & seeing what the kids can do. Of course the overhype is necessary to pump up people that are not thrilled by the game itself (or need prompting to applaud or cheer) Same old over decibeled level rock song cliches & applause o meter type nonsense

Once you spend any money on it, as a consumer/fan its hard to enjoy the season for what it is, since the biggest signing appears to be a bust and the prior biggest deal player is unfortunately appearing to have his career ending from injury.

Yea Poulin, if they had won even 2 of 5 from the Rangers it would be a bit different eh?