Flames could win the whole thing. Playing great

Buffalo Rick

I hope I have not jinxed Calgary, but they are absolutely my pick to be in the Western finals.  Perhaps win the whole thing.  They could. They have Markstrom and they have the firepower to win the West and the Cup.  Right now, I think I would take Calgary over anyone. At least in the West, and I know Colorado is damn tough.  The Wild are very good.  And of course the Blues cant be discounted.  They take nights off for sure.  Losing to Montreal. I would be very scared of the Calgary Flames

• Good Post 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 5:14 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I hope I have not jinxed Calgary, but they are absolutely my pick to be in the Western finals.  Perhaps win the whole thing.  They could. They have Markstrom and they have the firepower to win the West and the Cup.  Right now, I think I would take Calgary over anyone. At least in the West, and I know Colorado is damn tough.  The Wild are very good.  And of course the Blues cant be discounted.  They take nights off for sure.  Losing to Montreal. I would be very scared of the Calgary Flames

No jinx.

🔥🔥🔥GO FLAMES GO🔥🔥🔥

9 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

I love the way the team is playing right now, good for sure, but i won't even allow thoughts of a cup until they get to at least round # 2...

West is gonna be crazy this year.

I think the Avalanche are thebest team in the West by miles away over anyone else. Adding Lehkonen and Manson doesnt seem quite fair. I love what the Flames have done this year but guys like Richardson and Jarnkrok dont move the needle and dont help offset what Colorado has done. I still think the Flames are the second best team in the West but the gap is very wide between one and two. IMHO if I were doing a power poll it would be something like this

Colorado

Tampa

Florida

Rangers

Boston 

Carolina

Toronto

Pittsburgh

Calgary

Washington

there is my top ten post trade deadline, and that is the problem, the power is clearly miles and miles better in the East, some damn good Eastern teams will lose in the first round who are better by a lot over anything out West save for Colorado. IMHO the only way the 'Lanche dont come out of the West is if they get banged up or if another teams goalie steals the series as Kipper did a few times or Nabokov did when the Sharks made their first cup run. The East is scary, the West has two teams. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I think the Avalanche are thebest team in the West by miles away over anyone else. Adding Lehkonen and Manson doesnt seem quite fair. I love what the Flames have done this year but guys like Richardson and Jarnkrok dont move the needle and dont help offset what Colorado has done. I still think the Flames are the second best team in the West but the gap is very wide between one and two. IMHO if I were doing a power poll it would be something like this

Colorado

Tampa

Florida

Rangers

Boston 

Carolina

Toronto

Pittsburgh

Calgary

Washington

there is my top ten post trade deadline, and that is the problem, the power is clearly miles and miles better in the East, some damn good Eastern teams will lose in the first round who are better by a lot over anything out West save for Colorado. IMHO the only way the 'Lanche dont come out of the West is if they get banged up or if another teams goalie steals the series as Kipper did a few times or Nabokov did when the Sharks made their first cup run. The East is scary, the West has two teams. 

Yep adding Jarnkrok is awesome and can't wait to see when both cousins get on same line...we lost Richardson to waivers though and traded for Carpenter...☹️

13 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

I love the way the team is playing right now, good for sure, but i won't even allow thoughts of a cup until they get to at least round # 2...

West is gonna be crazy this year.

It probably would help if they could somehow avoid Colorado early?  I still can’t believe my Sabres stole one there and Tokarski gets rewarded without another start since.  I don’t know what this damn Granato is thinking.  Back to Calgary, they no doubt we’re not up for that game and I lost on them last night vs Sharks.  I cheer for the Blues, my 2nd team, and the Blues can’t be counted out either.  Markstrom has been solid for the Flames, it’s either them or Leafs to break Canada 🍁 drought.  Not Edmonton this year. I bet the pricks last night and they laid down like dogs vs Dallas in third.  Flames or Blues in the West!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

It probably would help if they could somehow avoid Colorado early?  I still can’t believe my Sabres stole one there and Tokarski gets rewarded without another start since.  I don’t know what this damn Granato is thinking.  Back to Calgary, they no doubt we’re not up for that game and I lost on them last night vs Sharks.  I cheer for the Blues, my 2nd team, and the Blues can’t be counted out either.  Markstrom has been solid for the Flames, it’s either them or Leafs to break Canada 🍁 drought.  Not Edmonton this year. I bet the pricks last night and they laid down like dogs vs Dallas in third.  Flames or Blues in the West!

The way the standings are shaking out (both Calgary and Colorado likely to finish as division champions), it means if they do face each other, it won't be till the West Finals.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 5:46 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The way the standings are shaking out (both Calgary and Colorado likely to finish as division champions), it means if they do face each other, it won't be till the West Finals.

Hoping somehow get Edmonton or LA first round...don't like to play Nashville out Colorado too later...Blues later too hopefully...

On 3/26/2022 at 5:59 AM, Villella McMeans said:

Hoping somehow get Edmonton or LA first round...don't like to play Nashville out Colorado too later...Blues later too hopefully...

The Blues do not seem to care about the rest of the regular season.  Blown out at home .  I wonder how long this coach.will last?

On 3/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The Blues are very difficult to figure out.  Las Vegas might be waking up but it may be too late?  Last two games Blues blown out at home by Carolina and lose to the likes of Philly!  Lol.  Had to put that in there.  They were promptly taken out to the wood shed by Colorado next night.  Back to backs are tough enough 

Edited by Hockey Junkie

Flames obviously looking good and they have a good a chance as anyone in the West to make the Finals, especially with a man like Daryl Sutter behind the bench.

But I DO have to wonder about the top scorers on Calgary.....and their disappearing act they've done before in playoff scenarios, particularly when it comes to even strength goals.

Gaudreau, Tkachuk, and Lindholm...all very excellent players, all having fantastic seasons, and, while their past playoff overall production doesn't seem bad in terms of points per games played, most of it seems to be on the PP and when you factor that in, their even strength production seems very thin.

Secondary scoring would help offset that of course (Mangiapane, Coleman, Lucic, etc), plus some production from the blue line, but at the end of the day, the top guys gotta be the top guys.
Also, Sean Monahan seems to be on a different planet....what the HELL happened to that guy?

Will be interested to see if the Flames can buck past playoff trends and be just as big a threat to go to the SC Finals as the Avalanche are.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, yave1964 said:

Washington

there is my top ten post trade deadline, and that is the problem, the power is clearly miles and miles better in the East

So you have the Capitals power-ranked 10th overall, above all West clubs except Avs and Flames.

Hard to see that.  Caps had a good 2-week streak of late, only to thence barely beat lowly NJ and be clobbered by the Canes at home.  They look to be back to their inconsistent selves that their GM announced as disappointing a month ago.

==> And…the Capitals are 6-9 at HOME this year against the West, and 1-5 in the last 6 of these matchups.  Oddly one of the 6 wins was against Colorado but in an October matchup.  They’ll finish the West home matchups this weekend when Minnesota come a callin’ to downtown DC.  6-10 it could be.

Edited by SaucyJack

• 1 month later...